Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3135 3136 [3137] 3138 3139 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457340 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #47040 on: April 08, 2014, 12:02:28 pm »

I vaguely remember reading some scientific literature on the presence and function of orgasms in other species, back in an anthropology class. Mostly focusing on rats and bonobos.

Oh, and pigs. Which apparently can have male orgasms lasting 30 minutes or so. Now you know why bacon is irresistible.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47041 on: April 08, 2014, 01:22:57 pm »

I vaguely remember reading some scientific literature on the presence and function of orgasms in other species, back in an anthropology class. Mostly focusing on rats and bonobos.

Oh, and pigs. Which apparently can have male orgasms lasting 30 minutes or so. Now you know why bacon is irresistible.
Don't you ruin bacon for us.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47042 on: April 08, 2014, 01:41:35 pm »

Joke's on you, I don't eat mammal meat! Turkey bacon FTW!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47043 on: April 08, 2014, 01:46:22 pm »

What? I'm just saying that bacon is the distilled essence of mind-blowing porcine ecstasy.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #47044 on: April 08, 2014, 01:47:33 pm »

So I'm playing a team (2 players Vs 2 ais) game of Age of Wonders III with chaoticag. And he somehow managed to lose both his cities in a handful of turns to absolutely TINY armies. While I'm on the other side of the map wiping out and absorbing the other AIs throne city.

Just....

What.... What's happening? Why is this happening? What is this?

What is my life?!

When did I become more competent than anyone at even just one 4x game?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47045 on: April 08, 2014, 01:51:50 pm »

Joke's on you, I don't eat mammal meat! Turkey bacon FTW!
*highfive*
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47046 on: April 08, 2014, 01:56:29 pm »

Back when I was a carnivore I too preferred turkey bacon.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47047 on: April 08, 2014, 02:07:27 pm »

I'm ok with turkey bacon. But it's tough to beat pure, thick-cut, uncured pork bacon.

Spoiler: Mmmmm...Bacon (click to show/hide)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #47048 on: April 08, 2014, 02:30:51 pm »

Bacon is at its best when it's just gone crispy. It's one of the few foods I can actually cook, along with toast, scrambled eggs and from-scratch fish and chips.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #47049 on: April 08, 2014, 03:23:52 pm »

So, humorous WTF, a quote from the HackThisSite.com forums:
Anyways, you could also capture their traffic and possibly steal their identities, but that would be illegal. And HackThisSite does not support illegal activities. Nope. Not no way, not no how. Never. Not us. So don't ask. Srsly.
(This was in response to a query as to how to get back at people stealing the OP's wifi.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47050 on: April 08, 2014, 05:57:48 pm »

Well I suppose it would be illegal on the identity stealing thing but should it be?  I mean they are kinda sending their information to you freely (assuming you own the router and not the ISP) with nothing saying you won't use that information.

Maybe it's illegal to commit identity theft yourself but would it be illegal to sell the information to someone who will?  Or to advertising agencies?

That may be a neat way to get somebody to stop piggybacking yer wifi, have your router bring up a very legal looking warning that basically says

"Hey I know yer stealing my wifi, I am saving all information that is being sent  and by continuing to use this wifi you are granting permission to sell all information to the highest bidder.  Have a nice day.
P.S. Get your own goddamn internet."
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 06:02:59 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47051 on: April 08, 2014, 06:46:09 pm »

Bacon is at its best when it's just gone crispy. It's one of the few foods I can actually cook, along with toast, scrambled eggs and from-scratch fish and chips.

Bacon is also one of the few foods that can be cooked in the microwave without ruining the quality.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #47052 on: April 08, 2014, 06:52:34 pm »

I don't eat bacon, and have no clue why.

Just never appealed to me. But I love porkchops.

My taste buds are frickin' weird, man.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47053 on: April 08, 2014, 06:58:53 pm »

Porkchops and bacon are two very different taste/texture sensations. They may be made from the same critter, but they are almost nothing alike otherwise. Liking one means little to nothing in regards to the other, yes. So it's not really that weird if you like one but not the other*.

*Though a dislike of bacon is a confirmation that you are not, in fact, of the human species. Tell your alien overlords we are on to them, and that giving such an obvious tell is bad craft.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #47054 on: April 08, 2014, 07:28:33 pm »

Porkchops and bacon are two very different taste/texture sensations. They may be made from the same critter, but they are almost nothing alike otherwise. Liking one means little to nothing in regards to the other, yes. So it's not really that weird if you like one but not the other*.

*Though a dislike of bacon is a confirmation that you are not, in fact, of the human species. Tell your alien overlords we are on to them, and that giving such an obvious tell is bad craft.

Hm. Maybe I'll have to give it a shot someday*.

*I'll let them know, thanks.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 3135 3136 [3137] 3138 3139 ... 11040