Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2900 2901 [2902] 2903 2904 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14438915 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #43515 on: January 28, 2014, 11:40:52 pm »

How about we have FG&R not count for post count, like on pretty much every other board in existence?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43516 on: January 28, 2014, 11:49:36 pm »

How about we have FG&R not count for post count, like on pretty much every other board in existence?
If we did that, we'd have a ton of people go back to being Escaped Lunatics overnight.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43517 on: January 29, 2014, 12:03:45 am »

The majority of other forums' games are things like Corrupt a Wish or Count to X (where X is at least 1000), which just spam post count and reasonably not worth counting. FG&RP is not really related to that, for the most part.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43518 on: January 29, 2014, 12:33:51 am »

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/01/28/unpaid-bill-costs-gamer-200000-in-eve-online/

I might have had a hand in kicking this off :/

Was a pretty lightshow though.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #43519 on: January 29, 2014, 12:40:16 am »

Ahahahaha
How?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43520 on: January 29, 2014, 12:47:53 am »

all you had to do is pay the bill ace.

why didn't you pay the bill

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #43521 on: January 29, 2014, 12:50:37 am »

all you had to do is pay the bill ace.

why didn't you pay the bill
YOU HAD ONE JOB
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #43522 on: January 29, 2014, 01:00:24 am »

I wish I had enough money to piss away to actually play and enjoy EVE, but it's just not fun until you can rake in the ISK big time and afford to fling battleships around like toys. Fleet battles... I never got into the fleet battles. I only got ganked.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43523 on: January 29, 2014, 01:12:41 am »

If this doesn't happen, one of those threads is going to surpass the Happy Thread within the next year or two.

Also, this thread reached 3000 pages. Woah.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #43524 on: January 29, 2014, 01:17:29 am »

If this doesn't happen, one of those threads is going to surpass the Happy Thread within the next year or two.

Also, this thread reached 3000 pages. Woah.
Not in my mind. Half the posts in the magical girl threads are lucky to be more than 2 words long.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43525 on: January 29, 2014, 01:18:39 am »

I'd have no problem with that. Did I mention that I have less than 1k posts in FG&R?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43526 on: January 29, 2014, 01:29:41 am »

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/01/28/unpaid-bill-costs-gamer-200000-in-eve-online/

It didn't actually cost anyone 200,000 unless they were buying their entire titan fleet funded with PLEX, which I doubt.

That little bit of EVE publicity kind of bothers me, even if it is technically accurate.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #43527 on: January 29, 2014, 06:29:24 am »

It didn't actually cost anyone 200,000 unless they were buying their entire titan fleet funded with PLEX, which I doubt.

That little bit of EVE publicity kind of bothers me, even if it is technically accurate.

Did you read the article :P?
The real-world value of "EVE" currency is based on an actual exchange rate set within the game, but the primary basis for value in the game's virtual economy is the time and skill that gamers put into such concepts as the mining of minerals, the selling of goods and services, or the stealing of goods and money — just don't get caught.

However, if players want a shortcut, they can put real-world money into the game to buy "EVE" currency and equipment, as determined by the exchange rate, but the money can only be exchanged from real to virtual.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #43528 on: January 29, 2014, 07:16:35 am »

EVE seems like a fun game that I'd like to play, but I can't bring up the dedication to play it every free second of my day. Also, monthly subscriptions.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #43529 on: January 29, 2014, 08:41:40 am »

They mis-typed the date, but that wasn't the first thing I looked at.
(This is the reason for the rage thread post. I was admitted a week after they started.)

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 2900 2901 [2902] 2903 2904 ... 11040