Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2901 2902 [2903] 2904 2905 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433316 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #43530 on: January 29, 2014, 09:56:12 am »

EVE seems like a fun game that I'd like to play, but I can't bring up the dedication to play it every free second of my day. Also, monthly subscriptions.

I think you can pay monthly subscriptions with in-game cash if you do well enough.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43531 on: January 29, 2014, 10:30:22 am »

EVE seems like a fun game that I'd like to play, but I can't bring up the dedication to play it every free second of my day. Also, monthly subscriptions.

I think you can pay monthly subscriptions with in-game cash if you do well enough.

Yeah, and if you're clever, you can make enough after 2-3 months with some clever passive industry stuff that doesn't require you to be logged in. Or immediately if you're good at scamming/ganking.

Ahahahaha
How?

One of my double agents *might* have told PL that CFC didn't have active cyno chains to bring in reinforcements. And I *might* have been lying. If PL knew what CFC's numbers were like they probably wouldn't have escalated.

Pretty lights.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43532 on: January 29, 2014, 04:53:17 pm »

One of my double agents *might* have told PL that CFC didn't have active cyno chains to bring in reinforcements. And I *might* have been lying. If PL knew what CFC's numbers were like they probably wouldn't have escalated.

Pretty lights.

Almost looks worth spending all of my time on.. almost. Very pretty, though.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43533 on: January 29, 2014, 04:58:04 pm »

When I search for information about a game Google now generally has the appropriate Bay12 thread in the search results.
It begins.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43534 on: January 29, 2014, 06:19:07 pm »

Eve is not that bad. You can be mining at a tidy profit within an hour, and doing basic NPC pirate missions in pretty much the same amount of time. I only play about an hour a day, not every day. A fairly well-equipped cruiser can be paid for in about an hour or two of fairly safe mining. I'll be out of game for a while until my financial situation is more stable, but once I'm back in I'll gladly form a Bay12 corp or join one someone else has made.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43535 on: January 29, 2014, 06:32:29 pm »

But what if you lose that cruiser?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43536 on: January 29, 2014, 06:42:34 pm »

But what if you lose that cruiser?
You don't fly anything you can't afford to replace.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43537 on: January 29, 2014, 06:48:36 pm »

You insure the cruiser, and then mine for about an hour to buy another one if you have to. Unless you're completely incompetent (which you shouldn't be if you have the skills to fly a cruiser, as it takes a week or two to train those up) you'll have made enough money on missions or pirate bounties to make up the cost (never deliberately do PVP with your best ship. The rewards aren't anywhere near as guaranteed as PVE.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43538 on: January 29, 2014, 07:28:03 pm »

Went to the computer lab in school to do an assignment that I thought I was running behind on. Turns out I still have two weeks to do it, though it's already done.

That's not the WTF. While I was in the lab (which is strictly 'school-work only', there are people whose sole job is to wander around the lab and make sure people are using the computers properly) I noticed that someone was reading what I'll refer to as "adult comics" in plain view.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43539 on: January 29, 2014, 07:42:30 pm »

Was it Oglaf, or actually "adult comics"?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43540 on: January 29, 2014, 07:47:35 pm »

Whoah... all this morning and most of yesterday I've been thinking it was Friday today, and that I was going out in the evening. :-X
Only realised my mistake when I saw an event post on Facebook that confused me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43541 on: January 29, 2014, 07:59:22 pm »

Went to the computer lab in school to do an assignment that I thought I was running behind on. Turns out I still have two weeks to do it, though it's already done.

That's not the WTF. While I was in the lab (which is strictly 'school-work only', there are people whose sole job is to wander around the lab and make sure people are using the computers properly) I noticed that someone was reading what I'll refer to as "adult comics" in plain view.

Thankfully I haven't had to deal with that yet.  Seeing as how I'm a lab assistant, I'd have to be the one to tell them to stop, and probably call the cops on them for indecency in public or something.

How I dread the day.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43542 on: January 29, 2014, 08:07:04 pm »

Was it Oglaf, or actually "adult comics"?

I wish it was Oglaf.

No, it was "adult" adult comics.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #43543 on: January 29, 2014, 08:11:39 pm »

Maybe it was research. For a report. On sexual stereotypes in internet culture. Yeah, that's the ticket...
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43544 on: January 29, 2014, 08:40:58 pm »

Wolfeyez just helped me push the car into another parking spot to jump the battery. I keep forgetting how strong she is.

Wolfeyez stronk. o_o

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 2901 2902 [2903] 2904 2905 ... 11039