Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2902 2903 [2904] 2905 2906 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433376 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #43545 on: January 29, 2014, 10:00:16 pm »

My brother truly believes that Obama is the devil and will kill us all.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43546 on: January 29, 2014, 10:04:12 pm »

I took my Social Studies exam today. It consisted entirely of multiple choice questions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43547 on: January 29, 2014, 10:13:33 pm »

Went to the computer lab in school to do an assignment that I thought I was running behind on. Turns out I still have two weeks to do it, though it's already done.

That's not the WTF. While I was in the lab (which is strictly 'school-work only', there are people whose sole job is to wander around the lab and make sure people are using the computers properly) I noticed that someone was reading what I'll refer to as "adult comics" in plain view.
Am I the only one who thinks the proper solution to this is to tell people to take flash drives and view them at home?

Not everyone has internet all the time, and peeps have needs. Needs that need to be fulfilled.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #43548 on: January 29, 2014, 10:16:27 pm »

Went to the computer lab in school to do an assignment that I thought I was running behind on. Turns out I still have two weeks to do it, though it's already done.

That's not the WTF. While I was in the lab (which is strictly 'school-work only', there are people whose sole job is to wander around the lab and make sure people are using the computers properly) I noticed that someone was reading what I'll refer to as "adult comics" in plain view.
Am I the only one who thinks the proper solution to this is to tell people to take flash drives and view them at home?

Not everyone has internet all the time, and peeps have needs. Needs that need to be fulfilled.

Use your imagination gosh dammit! XD

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43549 on: January 29, 2014, 10:18:25 pm »

I'd say its less a lack of imagination and more a lack of looking at the menus. You can Save As... most sites and get a (more or less) working copy of that one page, or right-click most pictures to do the same thing. Then kaijyuu's post applies.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43550 on: January 29, 2014, 10:20:46 pm »

There are several places where you can download large image archives without having to have a single "inappropriate" image appear on your screen, which obviously is a problem in a public place.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43551 on: January 29, 2014, 11:01:07 pm »

... don't most of those involve flagrant copyright infringement, though? S'long as no one underage was nearby*, that might be the worse thing to get caught out with. Mind you, s'a good chance they were skimmin' pirated/fan-tranz/etc. stuff anyway (many/most online viewing things fall into one of those categories, really...), but... eh.

'Course, someone browsin' smut at school probably isn't thinking that far ahead, soo... whatever. Reminds me of that time I prodded the search memory on a library computer during high school, out of curiosity. Previous searches involved horses, among other things :-\

*This usually involves considerably heavier legal problems, from what I've seen. Not too sure how ubiquitous the ramped up punishment is worldwide, but it's fairly common in the states.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43552 on: January 29, 2014, 11:10:46 pm »

Copyright and "adult comics" are not things you think about at the same time if you're looking at one of them, though.

And since, the problem is more likely to be flash drive space, since you probably have other things on there besides archives of imagery.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43553 on: January 29, 2014, 11:21:49 pm »

Eve is not that bad. You can be mining at a tidy profit within an hour, and doing basic NPC pirate missions in pretty much the same amount of time. I only play about an hour a day, not every day. A fairly well-equipped cruiser can be paid for in about an hour or two of fairly safe mining. I'll be out of game for a while until my financial situation is more stable, but once I'm back in I'll gladly form a Bay12 corp or join one someone else has made.

There's a bay12 channel with a couple people in it. I've been running a small corp for a while, right now it's fairly inactive though.

From what I've heard, EVE seems to take too long for anything to materialise for me to find it entertaining.

It's a very investment-heavy game. It takes you three or four days, at least, before you get yourself settled on even the easiest missions. That's part of the fun for many people, though.

Edit: not like DF is much different?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:38:20 pm by acetech09 »
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43554 on: January 29, 2014, 11:30:40 pm »

And since, the problem is more likely to be flash drive space, since you probably have other things on there besides archives of imagery.
Ehn... the eight gig flash drive I've been using for school this last couple of semesters cost <10 USD*, which is less than a lot of things and frighteningly easy to save up for. Disk space is only an issue if it's made one, when it comes to school use stuff. Takes a good bit of effort to fill up one, much less multiple...

... unless they're doing video editing or somethin', I guess. Still.

But yeah, like you said, probably just not thinking all that much in that scenario.

*And checking prices online, it was a bit of a rip off at the price point I got it. Seeing multiple 16 gig ones for around the same price, and 32 gig ones for like 12 bucks. Was in a bit of a hurry at the time, but that kinda' stings. Point being, hard drive space is cheap these days.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #43555 on: January 30, 2014, 03:25:00 am »

When I search for information about a game Google now generally has the appropriate Bay12 thread in the search results.
It begins.

Search bubble. You visit B12 often, Google knows that because they track that, so any B12 results are prioritized for you.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #43556 on: January 30, 2014, 04:15:20 am »

Guys I think we need to split France in four and build a giant wall though the middle of it. Will fix the problem in a few decades.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 04:17:19 am by Dutchling »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43557 on: January 30, 2014, 06:12:16 am »

THere's a big upside to that plan - they can move to Germany and revive our Jewish heritage! Pre-1933 Germany had the biggest Jewish community in all of Europe. Sadly that no longer is so...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43558 on: January 30, 2014, 06:23:57 am »

The odd thing about this is that Dieudonne is (half?-)African, and the right wing antisemites seem to somehow not clash on this with the muslim antisemites. They are natural enemies and normally they very much hate each other, but in hating Jews they have found something they can bond over apparently...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #43559 on: January 30, 2014, 07:04:58 am »

THere's a big upside to that plan - they can move to Germany and revive our Jewish heritage! Pre-1933 Germany had the biggest Jewish community in all of Europe. Sadly that no longer is so...
Really? Not Poland?
Pages: 1 ... 2902 2903 [2904] 2905 2906 ... 11039