Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2688 2689 [2690] 2691 2692 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14476989 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #40335 on: November 20, 2013, 04:58:09 pm »

Wow, it looks like everyone on Github got some attempt at breaking into their account. Github reset all the passwords due to a large amount of account hijacks, and I can see why. They brute-forced the hell out of it. I have 5 failed logins from various suspicious locations (like Venezuela).
Confirmed that I have had 5 access attempts on my own account as well.
Strange, I haven't had anything happen with my account at all, guess I'm one of the lucky ones!
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40336 on: November 20, 2013, 05:09:36 pm »

Somebody in Fairfax has been trying to hijack my Facebook account for well over a year now.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40337 on: November 20, 2013, 05:28:00 pm »

Somebody in Fairfax has been trying to hijack my Facebook account for well over a year now.

All they want to do is to post as your status "I like butts lol".
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40338 on: November 20, 2013, 05:40:44 pm »

My last game of CiV. Playing as Darius, doing pretty well. But the other leaders are, kinda wierd (might be the random personalities, but I'm not sure which one has the envy trait). Every now and then best buddies Arabia and America denounce me, with sporadic comments how my empire sucks (Like say my economy, while I have a big steady income and a rather big pile of gold, or how I'm uncultured, when I have a rather large number of policies (Might be even first in that regard)). Monotezuma likes to go to war with me on a regular basis, gets his troops wiped on the nearest city, then demands nothing less than my whole empire for a peace treaty, he usually cools off after a while, so we sign white peace and he's suddenly very friendly with me.
Also Napoleon, after two thousand years of silence (we met and never spoke again) randomly barges in and says he doesn't like my face.

I'm also ithching to go to war with someone, so I'll just wait for the US to make a misstep, then proceed to systematically wipe them off the face of the Earth.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40339 on: November 20, 2013, 06:10:59 pm »

I always thought that was kinda the point. It shows the progression into adulthood as Harry got more use to the wizard world and became more closely entangled in its conflicts. And also loss of innocence and growing cynicism and such

I guess in a way. Given that a lot of the "Wow" moments in the first book would definitely turn a few heads later (Quidage for example was always a deadly cheaty sport that shouldn't exist... no wonder everyone tries to kill harry during one).

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40340 on: November 20, 2013, 06:16:56 pm »

You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40341 on: November 20, 2013, 06:17:43 pm »

Quidage
Quidditch, you heathen.

I used a spell to change the correct spelling.

Tomorrow its correct spelling will be woobiewagawoozley, and yes that first W is lower case.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 06:20:16 pm by Neonivek »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40342 on: November 20, 2013, 06:21:10 pm »

Quidditch seems a little less insane when you have access to powerful healing magic. At that point, it's no more risky than, say, high school football.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #40343 on: November 20, 2013, 06:22:30 pm »

Quidditch seems a little less insane when you have access to powerful healing magic. At that point, it's no more risky than, say, high school football.
That is, if gravity doesn't heal them first of their pain.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40344 on: November 20, 2013, 06:22:55 pm »

My last game of CiV. Playing as Darius, doing pretty well. But the other leaders are, kinda wierd (might be the random personalities, but I'm not sure which one has the envy trait). Every now and then best buddies Arabia and America denounce me, with sporadic comments how my empire sucks (Like say my economy, while I have a big steady income and a rather big pile of gold, or how I'm uncultured, when I have a rather large number of policies (Might be even first in that regard)). Monotezuma likes to go to war with me on a regular basis, gets his troops wiped on the nearest city, then demands nothing less than my whole empire for a peace treaty, he usually cools off after a while, so we sign white peace and he's suddenly very friendly with me.
Also Napoleon, after two thousand years of silence (we met and never spoke again) randomly barges in and says he doesn't like my face.

I'm also ithching to go to war with someone, so I'll just wait for the US to make a misstep, then proceed to systematically wipe them off the face of the Earth.
My previous game of Civilization V went something like this.

>Be Alexander the Great
>Have Genghis Khan and Napoleon as neighbors.
>Genghis Khan covets my land and settles a city right near Sparta.
>My army of hoplites and companion cavalry decimate his forces, take his three cities as puppets, and he is removed from the game.
>Napoleon covets my land and settles a city right near the Karakorum.
>My army of hoplites, swordsmen, and companion cavalry decimate his forces, take his three cities as puppets, and he is removed from the game.
>Remaining neighbors are five city states - Dublin, Brussels, Tyre, Almaty, and someone else I forget.
>Befriend them and turn them into allies.
>Settle Corinth near Dublin, bringing my total of settled cities to three and puppet cities to six.
>Begin going towards a culture win because I'm isolationist as fuck and do not have any cities by the coast.
>I am three turns away from completing the Utopia Project
>Ramses II visits one of my puppet cities on the northern coast.
You're kind of late to the party dude.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #40345 on: November 20, 2013, 06:26:02 pm »

Wizards, it seems, are incredibly durable. Even magic-poor Neville was able to bounce down the street from a second floor window as a small child.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40346 on: November 20, 2013, 06:26:27 pm »

The magical healing works for non-lethal wounds. Mortal wounds are still quite deadly.

Actually the lack of more serious injuries in Hogwarts is honestly a mystery to me. THEN AGAIN!!! How Quidage (Changis spellingus) can last months on end when that sort of problem never actually occurs in the books is beyond me.

Basically everyone in Hogwarts has been stuffed with magical four leaf clovers.

Even magic-poor Neville was able to bounce down the street from a second floor window as a small child

Oddly enough... so can real babies some of the time.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40347 on: November 20, 2013, 06:29:04 pm »

Even magic-poor Neville was able to bounce down the street from a second floor window as a small child

You sound very sure of that. How thoroughly have you tested it?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40348 on: November 20, 2013, 06:32:22 pm »

You sound very sure of that. How thoroughly have you tested it?

I believe it's been recorded that babies have survived long falls like that. It's not always the case. More often than not, babies will die if you drop them two stories, same with a person picked up by a tornado. But we DO have people that have survived being tossed miles by a tornado. It's all luck.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #40349 on: November 20, 2013, 06:37:12 pm »

True. But Potterverse wizards seem to pull that sort of thing all the time.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 2688 2689 [2690] 2691 2692 ... 11037