Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2686 2687 [2688] 2689 2690 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14473795 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #40305 on: November 19, 2013, 05:14:03 pm »

Twice in as many days, I have noticed a speck hovering in front of my face, focused in on it, and realized that a spider was dangling from my glasses. I haven't the foggiest where they've come from or what they want.
They must be living in your hair. Or maybe your ears.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #40306 on: November 19, 2013, 05:25:02 pm »

Twice in as many days, I have noticed a speck hovering in front of my face, focused in on it, and realized that a spider was dangling from my glasses. I haven't the foggiest where they've come from or what they want.
Just don't go eat little German girls plox.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40307 on: November 19, 2013, 05:39:53 pm »

They must be living in your hair. Or maybe your ears.
I'd like to believe that, as it would be easy to deal with. But no, hair is too clean and well-kept, and they only ever show up on my glasses (or, for a brief time, the brim of my cap, before that one swung at my face like a special forces operator). Both showed up at the same place, so I'm somewhat hesitant to open the ceiling tiles above my computer...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40308 on: November 19, 2013, 05:49:19 pm »

Got a bill in the mail. Apparently I owe four cents worth of interest on my credit card. Despite having completely paid it off at the end of Summer.

Where did the interest come from?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40309 on: November 19, 2013, 05:55:41 pm »

Got a bill in the mail. Apparently I owe four cents worth of interest on my credit card. Despite having completely paid it off at the end of Summer.

Where did the interest come from?
The invisible hand of capitalism, presumably.

/facetious

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #40310 on: November 19, 2013, 06:36:20 pm »

Probably what happened is that your payment didn't clear until just after the start of the billing cycle, so you got charged just a tiny bit of interest before you wiped out the balance. Happened to me once.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40311 on: November 19, 2013, 09:09:03 pm »

If you call to complain they'll cancel the balance.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #40312 on: November 19, 2013, 09:13:53 pm »

Probably because it'll cost more than 5 cents to process. So if you want to stick it to The Man, you've gotta pay that bill.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40313 on: November 19, 2013, 09:46:02 pm »

I'm suddenly getting ads everywhere, and I don't know from where. It has to be something someone downloaded, but I have no idea what it is. Dammit, this is why you don't download random shit people.

Edit: Got the little bastard. It was hiding in Program Files. Now to scan and make sure nothing else got through.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:04:51 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40314 on: November 19, 2013, 10:02:26 pm »

I was asked tonight to 'help' a friend.

Spoiler: ehh (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40315 on: November 19, 2013, 10:57:22 pm »

My mother finally decided to check my brother's grades (and mine, but I have straight As so it's not really an issue). Apparently, my delinquent younger brother has fourteen zero grades between all his classes. My parents are now grounding him until he makes up every single one of them.

He is not happy about this. Fortunately, the plurality of these missing assignments require a computer. So instead of actually doing work, he watches morons on YouTube. I go in there and notice this, and, being an evil brother, rat him out. Now he's trying to jump me. I guess I'm learning an important lesson should I ever go into organized crime.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40316 on: November 19, 2013, 11:03:23 pm »

~snip~

Only fourteen? Hah.

The three years of high school I went to, I turned in, oh, about 4 homework assignments. Yet I maintained a B average with a around-100% test and classwork average. Something tells me that he might not have that safety net...
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40317 on: November 19, 2013, 11:04:54 pm »

~snip~

Only fourteen? Hah.

The three years of high school I went to, I turned in, oh, about 4 homework assignments. Yet I maintained a B average with a around-100% test and classwork average. Something tells me that he might not have that safety net...
He doesn't. I myself have five or six zeroes on physics homework - but since homework only counts for 10% of your grade, and the tests have hilariously large curves, I still have a 112% in the class.

He currently has three Bs, one C, and one A. Above 'average' but not to either the standards I've set or my parents' already honorary-Asian status.

EDIT: I memorized his gradeviewer account password, so I can stalk his grades personally. Let's see... Spanish 1, the easiest foreign-language class at the school... B-, almost a C+. Grades indicate he's learning jack shit about Spanish. Figures. He's barely fluent in English.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:20:10 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #40318 on: November 19, 2013, 11:48:59 pm »

Tried to start minecraft about two hours ago. Jack-shit happened for several minutes, so I just closed the launcher. Suddenly, in the middle of my flight to Jool in KSP, Minecraft pops up, ready to go. What in gods name was it doing for TWO HOURS and why couldn't I find it in my processes tab!?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #40319 on: November 20, 2013, 12:29:05 am »

Tried to start minecraft about two hours ago. Jack-shit happened for several minutes, so I just closed the launcher. Suddenly, in the middle of my flight to Jool in KSP, Minecraft pops up, ready to go. What in gods name was it doing for TWO HOURS and why couldn't I find it in my processes tab!?
Maybe ye be having a virus? Did you check your system for malware?[/workingonpresumption]
Pages: 1 ... 2686 2687 [2688] 2689 2690 ... 11037