Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2673 2674 [2675] 2676 2677 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442498 times)

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #40110 on: November 12, 2013, 03:53:52 pm »

chill man, the more watchlists we're on the more potential jobs we're creating in the surveillance departments

i for one pressure cooker bomb al-qaeda domestic nuclear detection amtrak the ones who earn a living through reading our shit

Whoa. Whoa. We don't want to cheap explosive fertilizer bomb ammonium nitrate diesel instructions us onto many watchlists, now, do we? I mean, the ones we're metal detector evasion plastic gun on already should be plenty.

long range rifle 50 caliber barrett maximum range shooting range distance white house washington DC
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40111 on: November 12, 2013, 03:54:25 pm »

Not to mention the throwing galaxies like shuriken, which is sure to cause mass destruction on a ridiculous scale.

Actually, I was talking with an astrophysicist friend and we got on the subject of colliding galaxies. Supposedly, they don't actually do much damage due to their mostly-empty nature. Well, depends on what you mean by destruction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrIk6dKcdoU
At the speed they were being thrown, the galaxyshuriken were probably going at a million c or something insane like that.
FTL SPEEDS BY THROWING IS NOT GOOD FOR PLANET

It was sped up, and obeyed normal physics in realtime. Still I don't think galaxyshuriken at any speed is good for planet.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40112 on: November 12, 2013, 03:54:49 pm »

Not to mention the throwing galaxies like shuriken, which is sure to cause mass destruction on a ridiculous scale.

Actually, I was talking with an astrophysicist friend and we got on the subject of colliding galaxies. Supposedly, they don't actually do much damage due to their mostly-empty nature. Well, depends on what you mean by destruction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrIk6dKcdoU
At the speed they were being thrown, the galaxyshuriken were probably going at a million c or something insane like that.
FTL SPEEDS BY THROWING IS NOT GOOD FOR PLANET

not with that attitude they aren't

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #40113 on: November 12, 2013, 03:55:34 pm »

chill man, the more watchlists we're on the more potential jobs we're creating in the surveillance departments

i for one pressure cooker bomb al-qaeda domestic nuclear detection amtrak the ones who earn a living through reading our shit

Whoa. Whoa. We don't want to cheap explosive fertilizer bomb ammonium nitrate diesel instructions us onto many watchlists, now, do we? I mean, the ones we're metal detector evasion plastic gun on already should be plenty.

long range rifle 50 caliber barrett maximum range shooting range distance white house washington DC
Could you elaborate on pakistan egypt saudi arabia yemen luxembourg algiers syria iran iraq lebanon that?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40114 on: November 12, 2013, 04:01:32 pm »

Could you elaborate on pakistan egypt saudi arabia yemen luxembourg algiers syria iran iraq lebanon that?
He's just saying that homemade napalm safety override improvised firearm military uniform replicas too many watchlists. We're probably ceramic knife calm body language secret compartment already.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40115 on: November 12, 2013, 04:37:01 pm »

...Germany? Most of Europe? Japan?

Good portions of the world aren't even obsessed with violence to the extent that one would believe, and violence/crime in places like the US, at least, is lower than it has ever been.

Just because the media and news can hyper-exaggerate the thing, doesn't mean it's integral to the country's mentality.

Remember that 50% of the USA believes that violence is the answer when asked.

You are never going to find a country that isn't "obsessed with violence". Japan not obsessed with violence? Well shall we measure its military power, the use of violence in the media, or their mentality on the use of violence in a hostile situation?

I point you towards the movies currently popular in German theatres right now.

Violence obsession is not just measured in people picking up guns and killing people.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40116 on: November 12, 2013, 04:39:29 pm »

...Germany? Most of Europe? Japan?

Good portions of the world aren't even obsessed with violence to the extent that one would believe, and violence/crime in places like the US, at least, is lower than it has ever been.

Just because the media and news can hyper-exaggerate the thing, doesn't mean it's integral to the country's mentality.

Remember that 50% of the USA believes that violence is the answer when asked.

You are never going to find a country that isn't "obsessed with violence". Japan not obsessed with violence? Well shall we measure its military power, the use of violence in the media, or their mentality on the use of violence in a hostile situation?

I point you towards the movies currently popular in German theatres right now.

Violence obsession is not just measured in people picking up guns and killing people.
For us ignorant, fat, capitalist American pigs, would you mind explaining what you mean?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40117 on: November 12, 2013, 04:43:28 pm »

Basically what I am saying is that:

Clearly that Germany, Most of Europe, Japan, and the United States are obsessed with Violence... because that is normal. It is part of being a human being and modern life.

You cannot say they are not because you can just look at what is popular, what is saturating their medium, and their mentality and find some obsession. Even in Canada there is an obsession with violence (including several pushes to get the MMA contests in Ontario).

There is no cloak of superiority you can place on any country because you aren't going to have a country without human beings.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40118 on: November 12, 2013, 05:12:36 pm »

I always supported MMA and UFC gyms, gets alot of guys off the rage train and lern to do MANLY COMBAT BLOODSPORT with rules.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40119 on: November 12, 2013, 05:14:01 pm »

I always supported MMA and UFC gyms, gets alot of guys off the rage train and lern to do MANLY COMBAT BLOODSPORT with rules.

Honestly a lot with violence isn't to pretend it doesn't exist but to place it somewhere harmless or productive.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40120 on: November 12, 2013, 05:15:52 pm »

Looks like that abominable version of Cyrodiil is being sucked back into the Warp where it belongs.

It wasn't the warp in the west, it was CHIM!

As for why it was CHIM, well:

If you [Michael Kirkbride] could change anything in the series, what would it be and why?

I would change Cyrodiil's depiction in Oblivion. While I finally ended up enjoying the game several years after its release, neither the tech or the development of Cyrod was capable of pulling off what the Empire really deserved.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40121 on: November 12, 2013, 05:23:35 pm »

Looks like that abominable version of Cyrodiil is being sucked back into the Warp where it belongs.

It wasn't the warp in the west, it was CHIM!

As for why it was CHIM, well:

If you [Michael Kirkbride] could change anything in the series, what would it be and why?

I would change Cyrodiil's depiction in Oblivion. While I finally ended up enjoying the game several years after its release, neither the tech or the development of Cyrod was capable of pulling off what the Empire really deserved.

So, is CHIM universal enough to also explain bugs in Fallout 3?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40122 on: November 12, 2013, 05:30:39 pm »

Given the number of times I've been followed by a wrecked car that has warped into a constantly shifting abomination in the sky, which occasionally got low enough to slaughter random NPCs? Yes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40123 on: November 12, 2013, 05:36:05 pm »

Another interesting job interview.

It's fun when the people interviewing you can't really describe the responsibilities of the open position.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40124 on: November 12, 2013, 05:48:06 pm »

Another interesting job interview.

It's fun when the people interviewing you can't really describe the responsibilities of the open position.

It is probably because for a lot of them, they don't have straight forward responsibilities and basically boil down to "do what boss tells you"
Pages: 1 ... 2673 2674 [2675] 2676 2677 ... 11040