Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2670 2671 [2672] 2673 2674 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441987 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #40065 on: November 11, 2013, 09:35:05 pm »

So who here didn't pick up the habit of obsessively cycling their save files because of Bethesda?

So my Oblivion save games just randomly disappearing wasn't anything I did in particular?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #40066 on: November 11, 2013, 09:43:21 pm »

A good way of deciding is simply letting someone pick for you without any commentary to them beforehand. If you disagree with the decision enough to raise an objection, that you have particular feelings you haven't voiced to yourself, and you can discard that choice.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #40067 on: November 12, 2013, 01:04:29 am »

So who here didn't pick up the habit of obsessively cycling their save files because of Bethesda?

So my Oblivion save games just randomly disappearing wasn't anything I did in particular?

Probably. Sometimes it just likes to tell us all to die in a hole.

It's probably also not my fault that this happened:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #40068 on: November 12, 2013, 01:06:35 am »

...That actually looks bretty good

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40069 on: November 12, 2013, 01:06:44 am »

Yeah, that is odd. That is not the Talos Plaza district.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40070 on: November 12, 2013, 01:09:25 am »

I've got two WTFs at the moment.

1) I can't seem to will myself to leave my computer.

2) I tried putting ghostery on my laptop, but messed up the instillation, unbeknownst to me. Apparently when it is not installed properly, it will open up everything it would normally block as it's own new browser window. As if this thing isn't slow enough already. But a quick re-installation fixed it.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40071 on: November 12, 2013, 03:59:27 am »

That looks like what would happen when my video card died once (or twice). It's pretty hard looking up on Google when your search terms equal "giant, stretched, triangular polygons".
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #40072 on: November 12, 2013, 04:23:53 am »

* Siquo raises hand...
I'm not sure where I picked it up, but I did it long before I played a Bethesda game. They don't have a monopoly on buggy games.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #40073 on: November 12, 2013, 07:13:57 am »

Hahahaha, I realized the terrible oscillation bug that was bothering me for all of three hours on Sunday til now was simply because I didn't change "percolationDown" to "percolationUp" after copy+pasting the relevant code. Silly me. D:

At least it's fixed!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40074 on: November 12, 2013, 10:04:22 am »

Looks like that abominable version of Cyrodiil is being sucked back into the Warp where it belongs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40075 on: November 12, 2013, 11:23:38 am »

Interesting the Bachdel test is becoming law in Sweden (if it is Switzerland I am very sorry >_<)

Or more specifically you get a "A" rating if you pass it.

The sides seem to be split around two groups:
1) People who feel this rating will improve gender representation in movies
and
2) People who feel that this rating is misleading and will be perceived as a sort of feminist quality marking.

Essentially four groups though as whether or not the first or second group believes the other is person to person.

Oddly enough one person in the debate I was hearing actually said there is a co-relation to the percentage of male directors and the Bachdel test... I would be curious to see if that is accurate.

---

On the other hand Wonderwoman MIGHT end up in a movie?

One side of me says "YEAH! Finally" the other side of me goes "Don't you remember the TV pilot? People couldn't write Wonderwoman in modern times if their lives depended on it"

Ohh well I'll keep hoping. There are great female super heroes out there but we aren't going to see any until there is ONE good movie. (I'll ignore that Tank Girl isn't that bad)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40076 on: November 12, 2013, 11:32:18 am »

Wonderwoman is just an awful hero. I have nothing against woman heroes, but she was written by a misogynist douche IIRC. Isn't her weakness being TIED UP? She's wearing an objectifying costume (Admittedly, this is almost always the case.) her powers are either weak or nonsensical (How do you FIND the invisible plane? What if you dropped your keys? How do you see out? Also, bracelets are not effective protection against bullets. Even if they deflect/stop the bullet, you now have BROKEN WRISTS/ARMS.) I dunno, I just see a host of issues with her.

The heroine they should bring to the screen? Squirrel Girl.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40077 on: November 12, 2013, 11:44:05 am »

To be fair, Hanspanda, EVERY movie would be better with Squirrel Girl.

Pacific Rim? The Matrix? Star Trek? Lawrence of Arabia? All better with Squirrel Girl.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40078 on: November 12, 2013, 11:44:43 am »

*Pokes hand out

Quicksave suckers :P

Bethesda's Quicksave completely shits all over itself if you do it too much, though. I've set my F5 key in Oblivion to streamsave (with the Streamline mod).
Oblivion it was fucking broken as hell but for morrowind it was ok and for Skyrim it was a meh but then i also run around with the Autosave mod so all of that ended up being managed.

Also since we are on the awesome of how morrowind is over everything else check my sig link for status on OpenMW, they are currently working to get combat AI in.
Ooh, I've been wondering how that one's been doing.

*Pokes hand out
Bethesda was probably the first one to really force it on me. Thankfully, third party utilities and unofficial patches make it less tedious. MCP for Morrowind has been a godsend.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40079 on: November 12, 2013, 11:53:36 am »

Wonderwoman is just an awful hero. I have nothing against woman heroes, but she was written by a misogynist douche IIRC. Isn't her weakness being TIED UP?

You oddly enough don't remember correctly. He actually believed that "Bondage" is what equalized men and women (He... is WEIRD... and quite the pervert... But I don't remember the misogynist douche)

AS WELL many writers who took Wonderwoman's weakness actually made it a very strong feminist allegory. since remember her weakness is being "Bound by other men" (It actually HAD to be a man, if a woman tied her up it didn't do anything). I mean what better symbol can there be of man's subjugation and debilitation of women then a Super Hero who loses all her powers if she ever gets bound by one and have her triumph anyway and escape those very bonds? How many women wanted to have illustrious careers only to marry and end up as a housewife? How many girls were kept from schools because "it isn't for women".

It isn't a surprise Wonderwoman became a feminist icon over time.

She doesn't have that weakness anymore but the focus has changed as well. She has become less about "Men versus women" and more about the "Truth". Turning her into less an allegory.

I am excluding the relaunch because goodness that is a disaster of EVERY HERO! (especially female ones).

--

The general problem with Wonderwoman in terms of being depicted by anyone but her most talented writers... is that people's idea of what a feminist is... is extremely limited.

So thus they turn her into a superpowered strawman feminist who is all high and mighty and better than everyone else and doesn't listen to men because men are scum.

The heroine they should bring to the screen? Squirrel Girl.

To me they should wait. Squirrel Girl is a Parody and the best time to spring her would be when super hero movies are on the way out. Have her beat up Dr. Doom for example (Or magneto)... OR BOTH!!!

But honestly... the first good high budget female super hero movie and she is a joke? COME ON!

This is like Adult Cartoons all over again. They are either a comedy or cancelled (Spawn the odd exception)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 12:06:02 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 2670 2671 [2672] 2673 2674 ... 11040