Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2639 2640 [2641] 2642 2643 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463510 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #39600 on: October 31, 2013, 12:00:38 pm »

Virgin America has tried to spice up their safety guidelines. Funny, but there are so many WTFs here I just had to share. Bit over the top too: I liked the nice, simple safety card in the pocket!
If you watched the video you would know that there still is a safety card in the pocket.

Still, that was hilarious.
I did watch it, but I think that in addition to the card, it's too much, in my opinion.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39601 on: October 31, 2013, 12:02:41 pm »

Oh Christ yes. I remember that game and it's expansion having crazy amounts of magic weapons and armour.

I mean in BG1, magic items were fairly rare. When you found your first +1 weapon it was a pretty big deal, and even at the end game there was always ways in which your equipment could be improved.

In BG2 however, I'm pretty sure I had +1 weapons within a couple of hours of playing. By the end of the game I had several sets of top tier weapons and armour that I didn't know what to do with.
Then after they spend the game feeding you all these magical weapons they throw the magic golem at you, which is immune to everything except mundane weapons... It's not all that dangerous either, you just can't use anything except ordinary weapons against it.
I remember the first time I ran into one, I had a small arsenal of magical weapons in my party's inventory, including various +8 against <enemy type> weapons. But I wound up having to make my way out of the dungeons and traipse back to town to pick up something that could actually damage it.
It felt like someone had put a boss into the game that could only be defeated with wooden chopsticks, in a land where almost everyone eats using silver knives and forks.

I, luckily, read about Magic Golems in the Watcher's Keep dungeon, on one of Elminster's books. So the first thing I did was go out and buy a basic scimitar. Just one. My main character isn't good with a scimitar or anything, but he IS impossibly fast and strong, so it balances out. Plus, like you said, they aren't that dangerous.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39603 on: October 31, 2013, 01:44:32 pm »

The combined effects of joy over finishing college applications, the anxiety of making sure they're really finished, the fact that it's hot and rainy, the fact that it's Halloween (even though I'm a solid several years past the point where begging strangers for candy becomes "harassment lawsuit pending" instead of "trick or treat"), and the fact that my brother is being a dick are all filling me with an incredible amount of pent-up energy and a strong desire to punch an inanimate object (because punching real people also changed a couple years ago from "playground scrapping" to "assault and battery", for better or worse).
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39604 on: October 31, 2013, 01:50:37 pm »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-24762845

Russia, why are you so crazy?

Halloween doesn't create extremists.
It is for their protection obviously.
"It only seems to be a harmless and funny joke," warns Russian Orthodox Church spokesman Vsevolod Chaplin. "But the dark forces think otherwise: they'll play a joke on you, and you won't enjoy it at all."
SEE? THE DARK FORCES WILL COME AND GET YOU IF YOU PRACTICE HALLOWEEN.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39605 on: October 31, 2013, 02:37:10 pm »

Virgin America has tried to spice up their safety guidelines. Funny, but there are so many WTFs here I just had to share. Bit over the top too: I liked the nice, simple safety card in the pocket!
If you watched the video you would know that there still is a safety card in the pocket.

Still, that was hilarious.
I did watch it, but I think that in addition to the card, it's too much, in my opinion.
Sorry, what? I know I try too hard sometimes hard, but...

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39606 on: October 31, 2013, 03:36:44 pm »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-24762845

Russia, why are you so crazy?

Halloween doesn't create extremists.
It is for their protection obviously.
"It only seems to be a harmless and funny joke," warns Russian Orthodox Church spokesman Vsevolod Chaplin. "But the dark forces think otherwise: they'll play a joke on you, and you won't enjoy it at all."
SEE? THE DARK FORCES WILL COME AND GET YOU IF YOU PRACTICE HALLOWEEN.

I cannot help but notice the spokesman's name. Especially since I know 'Vsevolod' means 'All-ruler' or, more gramatically 'The Ruler of Everything' (BTW, fun fact, the name 'Vladimir' means 'ruler of the world').

Meaning the guy is named 'Chaplin, the Ruler of Everything'
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39607 on: October 31, 2013, 03:53:33 pm »

charlie sure got a little narcisstic over the decades didn't he now

so yeah i've been called into work and an emergency being cited but it is more or less business as usual right now? hell barely anything is getting done maybe they are expecting loadse trains to come by or something

if not good ol' manager will have consumed a fair bit of his bonus points i planned to sleep tonight

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39608 on: October 31, 2013, 08:53:11 pm »

I'm realizing there are a lot of people in the transhumanist community who have done the neodymium implants by now. I'm surprised so many are willing to try it, given the risks. At this rate body mod shops are going to start offering them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39609 on: October 31, 2013, 09:04:18 pm »

Teacher sets a Mid-term test for 7:30PM on Halloween night(also 3/4ths of the way through the class so it's hardly a MID term.) 

She doesn't announce it in the previous class and the class schedule says it was 3 weeks ago. 

She is confused when only 3 students show up for class.  Fortunately I was one of them. But she will not reschedule the test, the other 17 students are just SoL. It's either a really dick move, or complete disconnection from reality.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 09:05:50 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39610 on: October 31, 2013, 09:10:18 pm »

I'm realizing there are a lot of people in the transhumanist community who have done the neodymium implants by now. I'm surprised so many are willing to try it, given the risks. At this rate body mod shops are going to start offering them.

Neodymium implants? What do those do?
Let you feel magnetic fields. The very interesting part is that most people who get them describe it as a sudden breakthrough some time after it is implanted.

Pros:
-You can do cool tricks with anything magnetic and make gullible people think you have magic powers.
-You can know if a wire is live or dead by getting near it.
-You can determine if a metal is ferrous or not by touching it.
-Some people have described it as closer to a sixth sense than anything else after using it for a long time.
-They can be removed with relative ease, and the implantation procedure is sub-surgical.
-The magnetic field is too weak to fuck up anything important.

Cons:
-Neodymium is toxic, so you need it to be covered with something bio-intert that won't break easily.
-If they stick you in an MRI machine without knowing about it, it could rip out of your finger.
-Body modders aren't legally allowed to use anesthetics, so you have to endure getting your finger cut open with a scalpel and the wound jabbed with a huge syringe.
-Some people will inevitably think you're crazy, possibly including your healthcare provider.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39611 on: October 31, 2013, 09:11:16 pm »

Neodymium implants? What do those do?
Had to look it up meself. Magnets in the fingertips, apparently, so you can sense magnetic fields. Looks fun. Mind you, I'd be worried about adverse effects on handheld electronics and such.

FAKEEDIT: ninja'd.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39612 on: October 31, 2013, 09:40:46 pm »

Hrmm. The neodymium implants are interesting. I have to admit, I am kinda tempted to do it, but after reading that article, I'm willing to wait until the method is improved, as I rather dislike the idea of slicing open your fingers without anesthesia. Ouch. Still, if it does what people say it does (which is likely because of how magnets work), it would be rather cool to "feel" magnetic fields. Plus, you also get to classify yourself as a cyborg.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39613 on: October 31, 2013, 09:44:22 pm »

I wear glasses. I'm technically a cyborg. :P I'm using mechanical devices to aid or improve my biological functions. Isn't that what a cyborg is?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #39614 on: October 31, 2013, 09:48:35 pm »

I had understood that the mechanical devices need to be surgically affixed to the body, either permanently or for an extended period. Glasses wouldn't exactly count in that context since you're just leaving them sitting on your nose/ears.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 2639 2640 [2641] 2642 2643 ... 11040