Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2638 2639 [2640] 2641 2642 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463682 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #39585 on: October 30, 2013, 10:31:59 pm »

There is a subreddit dedicated to me.
http://www.reddit.com/r/lordcooper
Wat.
Why? Like seriously, why would anyone do this?
I know! Obviously they should have made it about me.

I just tried, but couldn't find you on there :(
Truly, my art goes unappreciated.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39586 on: October 30, 2013, 11:03:15 pm »

Something that has been bothering me lately is when movies use their endings or their twists in their trailers. I've seen the original Carrie, the only reason I would go and see the new Carrie would be to see the updated Prom scene. The scene that gets shown in the trailer.

It's fine in something like Oblivion because even if they ruined the Freeman-related twist in the trailer, other things happen in the movie. It's a good movie. Carrie is Carrie, just like Red Dawn and Total Recall it has failed to meet the bar set by the original.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39587 on: October 30, 2013, 11:25:09 pm »

I'm playing Baldur's Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal now, and dear fucking god do they throw the magic items at you.

"Oh, literally every single person you fight has magic weapons, unless they don't. That guy over there, the generic asshole guard? +1 Longsword, +2 Chainmail, +1 Large Shield. Those orcs over there? +1 Battleaxes, all of 'em. The mage? ... He's a gorram mage, do the math."

That said, when I DO encounter people with non-enchanted weapons, it's really nice because my main character is immune to +1 weapons and below, and with a 95% magic resistance and a sword that can cast dispel three times a day AND dispels on hit AND saves of a fucking demigod paladin, there ain't a mage in the game that scares him. Save or die? Save. Save. Save. Save. Save. Save. Save. Failed save? Magic resistance. Also, he has a -9 AC, which is pretty good.

At level 19, I'm either going to Dual Class him to Cleric (But then I lose my Holy Avenger sword. D:) or dual class him to some sort of Fighter Kit, or Barbarian. Or maybe Ranger kit/something. Haven't figured it out.

Heh heh, wait until Throne of Bhaal. +4 base on town guards. :P
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39588 on: October 30, 2013, 11:34:19 pm »

I'm playing Baldur's Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal now, and dear fucking god do they throw the magic items at you.

"Oh, literally every single person you fight has magic weapons, unless they don't. That guy over there, the generic asshole guard? +1 Longsword, +2 Chainmail, +1 Large Shield. Those orcs over there? +1 Battleaxes, all of 'em. The mage? ... He's a gorram mage, do the math."

That said, when I DO encounter people with non-enchanted weapons, it's really nice because my main character is immune to +1 weapons and below, and with a 95% magic resistance and a sword that can cast dispel three times a day AND dispels on hit AND saves of a fucking demigod paladin, there ain't a mage in the game that scares him. Save or die? Save. Save. Save. Save. Save. Save. Save. Failed save? Magic resistance. Also, he has a -9 AC, which is pretty good.

At level 19, I'm either going to Dual Class him to Cleric (But then I lose my Holy Avenger sword. D:) or dual class him to some sort of Fighter Kit, or Barbarian. Or maybe Ranger kit/something. Haven't figured it out.
Oh Christ yes. I remember that game and it's expansion having crazy amounts of magic weapons and armour.

I mean in BG1, magic items were fairly rare. When you found your first +1 weapon it was a pretty big deal, and even at the end game there was always ways in which your equipment could be improved.

In BG2 however, I'm pretty sure I had +1 weapons within a couple of hours of playing. By the end of the game I had several sets of top tier weapons and armour that I didn't know what to do with.
Then after they spend the game feeding you all these magical weapons they throw the magic golem at you, which is immune to everything except mundane weapons... It's not all that dangerous either, you just can't use anything except ordinary weapons against it.
I remember the first time I ran into one, I had a small arsenal of magical weapons in my party's inventory, including various +8 against <enemy type> weapons. But I wound up having to make my way out of the dungeons and traipse back to town to pick up something that could actually damage it.
It felt like someone had put a boss into the game that could only be defeated with wooden chopsticks, in a land where almost everyone eats using silver knives and forks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #39589 on: October 30, 2013, 11:42:13 pm »

Mm... sometimes you have to improvise, heh. Couple desperate situations in ol' Incursion I managed to survive ghost (shadows, etc.) attacks by beating them to death with an enchanted shield. Other times I'd get through a desperate straight by going fisticuffs (with no unarmed training, etc.) vs. something that was immune to all the other sources of weapons I had access to (since invulnerability didn't work against natural attacks in Inc, hohoho). Don't recall if you could do that in the BG games.

Stuff like that is part of what makes the better D&D knockoff video games so great, really. We need more stuff like that. Always.

E: Though in retrospect, I kinda' wonder if all those poor wizards were embarrassed by it, the ones that survived. Infinite arcane power, reduced to beating incorporeal undead to re-death with an oversized magical dinner plate. Bet that didn't end up in the bard songs. Not the polite ones, anyway.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:44:19 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #39590 on: October 31, 2013, 03:50:45 am »

find the source and reenact this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If I ever find slugs crawling around, I will do this.
That- that's beautiful! :D 8)
Slug: Oh hey Jam! *crawls via doorpost and wall around the maze*

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39591 on: October 31, 2013, 08:15:46 am »

Frenchbot makes me wut.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39592 on: October 31, 2013, 08:31:30 am »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #39593 on: October 31, 2013, 10:56:38 am »

So I just got a $25 citation for tying my bike to a sign instead of a bike rack. What's interesting about this citation is that the bike cop issuing it informed me that these citations were, for whatever reason, impossible to enforce, and so I would only be charged $25 if I took the initiative and showed the ticket to the campus police department. If, as I did, I just threw the ticket away the minute I was out of sight, nothing whatsoever could come of it.

Does this make sense to anyone else? What's the point of having a law if you inform the criminals that the law cannot be enforced and that only they can turn themselves in? Doesn't that just breed disrespect for real laws?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39594 on: October 31, 2013, 10:59:36 am »

That sounds...questionable at best. I'd look more into it before not doing anything. I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to entrap you into further violations, it would not be out of character for cops.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39595 on: October 31, 2013, 11:01:21 am »

Virgin America has tried to spice up their safety guidelines. Funny, but there are so many WTFs here I just had to share. Bit over the top too: I liked the nice, simple safety card in the pocket!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #39596 on: October 31, 2013, 11:01:31 am »

That sounds...questionable at best. I'd look more into it before not doing anything. I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to entrap you into further violations, it would not be out of character for cops.

He isn't a real cop, though. He's just a student paid to be a busybody with a civvie uniform.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39597 on: October 31, 2013, 11:18:55 am »

That person on youtube I mentioned earlier? He said he used that to try and prove he was a misogynist because 'there's no way like calling someone a 15 yo girl to make them come out as a misogynist. It was successful'

He then basically claimed that if a game contains a woman as a victim of drama, it MUST be misogynistic.
For supporting the game he hates, I'm now apparently a paedophile.

The guy's not a troll; I think he's a windmill crusader.

Wait, a quick recap: you're a 15 year old girl, except you aren't therefore you're a misogynist and thus a paedophile. Right.

And he proves you're a misogynist by the power of ASSERTION(TM)(C)(WTF)!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39598 on: October 31, 2013, 11:28:18 am »

Someone else is a 15 year old misogynist girl; because the game I supported has moments with a little girl, I'm a paedophile.

admittedly nowadays you can be called a pedophile for doing anything that is not actually pedophilia

at that point you'd be called a rapist instead.

also there's too much latin in your pedo

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39599 on: October 31, 2013, 11:39:48 am »

Virgin America has tried to spice up their safety guidelines. Funny, but there are so many WTFs here I just had to share. Bit over the top too: I liked the nice, simple safety card in the pocket!
If you watched the video you would know that there still is a safety card in the pocket.

Still, that was hilarious.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 2638 2639 [2640] 2641 2642 ... 11040