Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2318 2319 [2320] 2321 2322 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14452139 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #34785 on: July 12, 2013, 06:15:48 am »

But does that really help? i mean it seems like you could throw a normal brick and get basically the same effect, and then after the brick is thrown you have sharp glass to use as a knife.
If the glass was sharp enough, the corners would be able to cut through cloth and flesh much better than the edge of a regular brick. That way there's more damage done, both drawing blood and applying a strong blunt force.

With regards to the discussion that was going on before, I cannot think of a single game where random generation was shoehorned into a preexisting game, where designed levels would have been more appropriate.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34786 on: July 12, 2013, 06:33:53 am »

I'm making posts on Facebook about the origins of sausage and reminiscing about the time some people on 4chan were arguing over the definition of what constitutes a triangle. Where has my life gone?
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34787 on: July 12, 2013, 08:21:09 am »

Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #34788 on: July 12, 2013, 09:15:58 am »

So...

I thought I saw something odd today at the atm machine at a bank on the way to work.

With no nearby vehicle, a woman was kneeling on the ground operating the machine, while another woman with a large purse stood back and held a leash attached to the collar around the first woman's neck. Both were both wearing high heels and short skirts.

I started paying more attention.

The purse was a keyboard, and the chain was its cable that just happened to drape over the first woman shoulder, and they were opening up the atm machine, most likely for maintenance (or robbery).

Why does my brain do that?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #34789 on: July 12, 2013, 09:17:20 am »

You should not have paid more attention, dammit.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 10:55:45 am by Dutchling »

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #34790 on: July 12, 2013, 10:29:04 am »

I had a dream that a terrorist gave me a duffle bag that was likely filled with explosives, but he didn't tell me. For some reason my family and I thought it would be a great idea to go into one of those big churches and tell everyone to leave so we could leave the bag there. We got away safely, but then I woke up early and started thinking about how I'd handle the situation if the bag had been full of money and only potentially carried a bomb. This thought process excited me enough to prevent me from going back to sleep.

So I've been thinking of Faraday boxes to prevent remote detonations, elaborate setups to open the duffle bag and extract the money without hurting myself or setting off any potential triggers, and safety procedures I'd be taking to protect both myself and the largest amount of money I could manage.

I now hope to be able to use this knowledge some day, but it's strange that the idea excites me that much.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34791 on: July 12, 2013, 08:09:52 pm »

So I was walking my dog and he goes on this woman's lawn and she asks me not to let him go on her lawn... Which honestly is fine, I realize she is uncomfortable with dogs going on her lawn even though I clean up after him.

But that wasn't the dumb part she asked me

"Uhhh, can you walk your dog on your own lawn?"

That isn't how dogs work... It aggravated me since she said stupid in such an adversarial way, but I chose to treat it as her being ignorant of proper dog care.

Mind you my neighbors do "walk their dog on their own lawn" same with another house on the block... but both of them should be walking their dogs.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34792 on: July 12, 2013, 08:29:28 pm »

A 12 year old at the gym thought I was a girl... and started hitting on me. What the fucking hell.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34793 on: July 12, 2013, 08:33:33 pm »

A 12 year old at the gym thought I was a girl... and started hitting on me. What the fucking hell.

You mean you never expected yourself to be this cute or you didn't expect society to condition males to be outgoing and aggressive in their pursuits from a continously younger age? I'll go with the former.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34794 on: July 12, 2013, 08:38:17 pm »

Kinda a mixture of both. :/
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #34795 on: July 12, 2013, 08:44:04 pm »

I found a comment made by Neonivek on Youtube. It always feels weird running into someone I recognize from a different part of the net.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34796 on: July 12, 2013, 08:45:46 pm »

You mean you never expected yourself to be this cute or you didn't expect society to condition males to be outgoing and aggressive in their pursuits from a continously younger age? I'll go with the former.
I was wtfing because for some reason I thought that 12 year old was a girl. Meaning that in my mind Scelly had been hit on by a pre-teen lesbian.

I think I should go to bed early tonight, my brain clearly needs the rest .____.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34797 on: July 12, 2013, 08:57:38 pm »

We keep birds at the park I work at. A woman came up to me today and asked if we put makeup on the birds.... She probably saw one of the pheasants because they have a red marking on their face. But still, what the fuck?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34798 on: July 12, 2013, 09:06:57 pm »

I was wtfing because for some reason I thought that 12 year old was a girl. Meaning that in my mind Scelly had been hit on by a pre-teen lesbian.

I think I should go to bed early tonight, my brain clearly needs the rest .____.
Don't worry, I thought the same thing...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34799 on: July 12, 2013, 09:12:14 pm »

Don't worry, I thought the same thing...

horses and zebras, people. horses and zebras. this isn't some kind of peculiar anime, at least i hope so
Pages: 1 ... 2318 2319 [2320] 2321 2322 ... 11040