Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2320 2321 [2322] 2323 2324 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449752 times)

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #34815 on: July 13, 2013, 04:58:12 am »

I misplaced one of my pencils and found it in my bathtub. Why I'm leaving it there I don't know.
Maybe you were trying to erase stains from your bathtub. Why you would do that is unimportant.
The bathtub doesn't have any stains though I noticed when I moved in a month or so ago that it is chipped in a few places. I do have to find a rag so I can clean my bathroom though so thanks for reminding me.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34816 on: July 13, 2013, 04:59:53 am »

I misplaced one of my pencils and found it in my bathtub. Why I'm leaving it there I don't know.
Maybe you were trying to erase stains from your bathtub. Why you would do that is unimportant.
The bathtub doesn't have any stains though I noticed when I moved in a month or so ago that it is chipped in a few places. I do have to find a rag so I can clean my bathroom though so thanks for reminding me.
Of course it doesn't, you erased them.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34818 on: July 13, 2013, 11:56:37 am »

There are a few Chinese people whose jobs it is to translate and discuss the meaning of 4chan posts. This is the best thing ever.
Are they translating /b/ posts, or something that is more likely to have a point like /tg/ or /vg/ ?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34819 on: July 13, 2013, 12:14:40 pm »

There are a few Chinese people whose jobs it is to translate and discuss the meaning of 4chan posts. This is the best thing ever.
Are they translating /b/ posts, or something that is more likely to have a point like /tg/ or /vg/ ?
None of the above. Mainly all China threads they find on /pol/. They're the HABBEDING board, currently under siege by stormfront, SRS and lebbit. They seem to have a preference for the apocalypse ones which keep asking whether or not China is the world's superior civilization.

Chinese reactions: Westerners have no empathy, China SUPREME.
[And creepy disinfo].
Now that /pol/ knows, what they say about China has changed already. There are already demands to give back clay. Probably won't matter since only pro-China posts are translated, but they're just happy taught them how to say dipshit anyways.

And a website dedicated to the opposite, minus a Chinese equivalent of chins.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 12:36:58 pm by Loud Whispers »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34820 on: July 13, 2013, 04:14:28 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrH5ZbUJ_kw

Soon Valve will be ever present and all encompassing. The dystopian future is already happening, we had no idea it would be done by someone we like :C

On a more serious note, it's pretty awesome of them to do this, I just wonder what effect if any it will have on the industry since it's pretty bloated as is, no need to get the hopes up of impressionable teens and pile even more meat into the grinder.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #34821 on: July 13, 2013, 04:36:32 pm »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34822 on: July 13, 2013, 06:55:36 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrH5ZbUJ_kw

Soon Valve will be ever present and all encompassing. The dystopian future is already happening, we had no idea it would be done by someone we like :C

On a more serious note, it's pretty awesome of them to do this, I just wonder what effect if any it will have on the industry since it's pretty bloated as is, no need to get the hopes up of impressionable teens and pile even more meat into the grinder.
Quote from: cyanryan1
Gabe is overweight and aging rapidly. This is how he is choosing his successor.

Let the games begin.
Well fuck.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #34823 on: July 13, 2013, 09:10:35 pm »

Oh my, the guy with big headphones is using Vim to code o_o
* Skyrunner flops

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34824 on: July 13, 2013, 10:21:58 pm »

None of the above. Mainly all China threads they find on /pol/. They're the HABBEDING board, currently under siege by stormfront, SRS and lebbit. They seem to have a preference for the apocalypse ones which keep asking whether or not China is the world's superior civilization.

[And creepy disinfo].
Now that /pol/ knows, what they say about China has changed already. There are already demands to give back clay. Probably won't matter since only pro-China posts are translated, but they're just happy taught them how to say dipshit anyways.

4chan has no history apparently. This changes everything.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34825 on: July 13, 2013, 10:25:48 pm »

[And creepy disinfo].

4chan has no history apparently. This changes everything.
If someone mentioned one of the archive sites in a /ol/ thread, would 4chan retroactively gain history?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #34826 on: July 14, 2013, 12:04:30 am »

A 1-hour length .avi recording of a mission in XCOM:Enemy Unknown recorded by FRAPS, raw, unedited, is 72.8 gigabytes.

Cheesus, that's bigger than the entire hard drive of my old computer.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34827 on: July 14, 2013, 12:10:19 am »

What's great is when you remember the days you could say that about a single megabyte.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34828 on: July 14, 2013, 01:19:27 am »

What I find odd is...

One thing you are always told is never to talk about yourself too much and that you are supposed to show more interest in other people.

Yet for some reason I find that rule never seems to apply. Most people I talk to, who I get into long conversations with, actually really appreciate me talking about myself.

I have absolutely no idea why, and it off puts me because I know I talk about myself WAAAAY too much.

---

Also I got a weird gift, it was civilization 4... while I own 5 and 4... but I didn't see who bought it for me.

---

A 1-hour length .avi recording of a mission in XCOM:Enemy Unknown recorded by FRAPS, raw, unedited, is 72.8 gigabytes.

Yes, that is just about right. Videos that haven't somehow been condensed take an unfathomable amount of space. My Dad actually got a 500gig computer back in the day when that was a unearthly amount just because he did a lot of video editing and all that could easily be used up.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34829 on: July 14, 2013, 02:56:33 am »

Yes, that is just about right. Videos that haven't somehow been condensed take an unfathomable amount of space. My Dad actually got a 500gig computer back in the day when that was a unearthly amount just because he did a lot of video editing and all that could easily be used up.

While I'm glad for the advance in available space for computers, I do wonder whether compression methods could be more effective then they currently are. I really enjoy say, Shogun 2: Total War but it's at a huge 35gig on my hard drive. I understand that the high level of detail in the game requires that, but I look at a bench or a house in a corner of one of the battle maps and wonder whether the textures on it need to be so high resolution.

I think... it would be nice if we hit a limit for space for a while, that would encourage people to do more with less. It's like with Nintendo 64 cartridges or the Commodore 64; people came up with new and creative ways to cram more and better stuff into a small amount of storage space. Look at what Rare was able to do with "Conker's Bad Fur Day" and all the spoken dialogue compared to Super Mario 64 (I don't know if they changed the make of the cartridges during the life of the Nintendo 64, I assume so to a degree).
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 2320 2321 [2322] 2323 2324 ... 11040