Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2297 2298 [2299] 2300 2301 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440536 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #34470 on: July 03, 2013, 12:12:10 pm »

Defendant: "They can't do that (criminal prosecution) I'm a Canadian Citizen!"

.... ???   :o

Response: "Lived in Canada long?"
Defendant: "Yeah!"
Response: "Which Province?" (A Province is like a State in the US)
Defendant: "All around."
Response: "What's the capital of Canada?
Defendant: "Right on the tip of my tongue, man." (figure of speach: he don't remember)
Response: "Parlez-vous Français?"
Defendant: [silence].
Response: "Make any loonie up there?" (A "loonie" is a canadian dollar)
Defendant: "Huh?"
Response: "'O Canada, our home and native land true patriot love....' That ring any bells?" (Canadian National Anthem)
Defendant: "Huh?"
Response: "Beaver mean anything to ya?"
Defendant: "Why you talkin' bout p***y? Man...."

O yeah... He's as Candian as a loon playin' hockey drinkin' molson politely.  ::)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34471 on: July 03, 2013, 12:13:13 pm »

The thing that sticks out to me is that if they're successful in ousting Morsi they'll probably be doing the same with the next guy once they're not happy with him after roughly a year. And the guy after that. And the guy after that.
It takes more than two years to get a democracy running.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34472 on: July 03, 2013, 12:18:17 pm »

The King's abdicating.Belgian King, that is.

Do I notice a trend?
Couldn't the goddamn king have chosen a time when there ISN'T a military coup going on?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #34473 on: July 03, 2013, 12:20:36 pm »

I thought the Belgian king was called Leopold o.O

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34474 on: July 03, 2013, 12:42:03 pm »

That one was forced to resign in 1950something.

Strange times those where. I mean, almost a civil war, and the South almost seceded from the North.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34476 on: July 03, 2013, 01:01:37 pm »

Can't you do both?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34477 on: July 03, 2013, 03:58:31 pm »

Oh boy. My mother is threatening people legally on my behalf without even telling me beforehand. Not that it would have changed anything, but still, I like to know things. :S
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #34478 on: July 03, 2013, 04:13:37 pm »

While playing Doom 2, a bizarre realization hit me: why are bullets themselves so rarely shown in FPS games? It's like damage simply teleports from your gun to your target's body, no matter how far away they are. If it's the limitations of technology, that's understandable, but I would think in modern games I would at least be able to dodge a bullet, then, from 300 feet away, by moving extremely fast in one direction as it grazes me just to the side. But nope.

It's not like it really affects gameplay much. I just think it's odd.

It's called "hitscan", and is exactly what you describe. In the earliest games it was due to technology limits, and it has been retained in modern games because people are used to it, it's easier to code that way, and it avoids a great deal of complaining that would come from the multiplayer community over "hacks."

Most games avert it for at least a few weapons. Some games, such as the original Red Faction, don't use it at all, although you can only notice this on fairly large maps. A tiny handful actually model the proper ballistic path of the bullet.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34479 on: July 03, 2013, 04:28:16 pm »

Oh boy. My mother is threatening people legally on my behalf without even telling me beforehand. Not that it would have changed anything, but still, I like to know things. :S
So, were you planning on doing so anyway?

Because if not, it CAN affect things.

It would have likely ended that way, though I wasn't planning beforehand, and I don't really have a problem with it other than not knowing that it was happening. I'm legally a dependent minor, as well.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #34480 on: July 03, 2013, 04:38:37 pm »

When someone mentions a halfling rogue crawling up someone's anus It's safe to assume it's NSFW. Still the warning should be posted.

Kinda late to see this, but whoops. You're right. My bad. I usually just associate anything with 4chan as NSFW anyway, 4chan is a silly place.

the first image isn't that bad though, could be much worse.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34481 on: July 03, 2013, 04:43:21 pm »

When someone mentions a halfling rogue crawling up someone's anus It's safe to assume it's NSFW. Still the warning should be posted.

Kinda late to see this, but whoops. You're right. My bad. I usually just associate anything with 4chan as NSFW anyway, 4chan is a silly place.

Indeed it could given the subject material.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34482 on: July 03, 2013, 05:12:47 pm »

Indeed it could given the subject material.
Are you guys playing FATAL?

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34483 on: July 03, 2013, 05:26:36 pm »

No we were talking about FATAL though. We're not suicidal, man.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34484 on: July 03, 2013, 05:32:09 pm »

i want to play fatal with fellow bay12ers

so so much
Pages: 1 ... 2297 2298 [2299] 2300 2301 ... 11040