Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1900 1901 [1902] 1903 1904 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14445573 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #28515 on: March 07, 2013, 05:45:35 pm »

I'm faaairly sure it was only about holocausts which the France government thinks has happened.
It's about crimes against humanity as defined by Nuremberg. Though it concerns only "the" holocaust, the armenian one is not (yet) included.
So why was Turkey so pissed of about it?

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28516 on: March 07, 2013, 05:47:31 pm »

Because they wanted to include it (but it hasn't been done yet). Anyway, Turkey won't enter EU anytime soon.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28517 on: March 07, 2013, 06:21:44 pm »

Just sank in some six hours into the new X-Com, I failed pretty horribly by the end of the session, but holy shit never realised this game would be so much of a timesink :O
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28518 on: March 07, 2013, 06:24:57 pm »

Just sank in some six hours into the new X-Com, I failed pretty horribly by the end of the session, but holy shit never realised this game would be so much of a timesink :O
Its X-Com/XCOM/XCOM/X-COM, of course it's going to be a timesink. Partly because the RNG is not a benevolent deity and partly because theres a lot of world to save from aliums.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28519 on: March 07, 2013, 06:28:29 pm »

Yeah, so many times I've had everything go to shit, then pull myself up out of the shit by a god damned hair only to be smacked down again the next encounter. It's like friggin drugs!!!

Highlight was assaulting a large ship (first muton encounter woooo) with a couple of expirienced guys and a rookie or two. Everybody gets torn up except this squaddie heavy totting a heavy laser. Next thing you know, cover diving and some awesome rolls net her seven kills without any damage taken (was at two hp) and wins her the mission.

She then spends about a week (or two) recouperating only to get torn up by Chrysalyds the next mission.

;__;
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #28520 on: March 07, 2013, 06:31:37 pm »

You know, even on playing Ironman classic, I've yet to see a Chryssalid kill anything but a civilian.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28521 on: March 07, 2013, 06:37:07 pm »

Yeah, so many times I've had everything go to shit, then pull myself up out of the shit by a god damned hair only to be smacked down again the next encounter. It's like friggin drugs!!!

Highlight was assaulting a large ship (first muton encounter woooo) with a couple of expirienced guys and a rookie or two. Everybody gets torn up except this squaddie heavy totting a heavy laser. Next thing you know, cover diving and some awesome rolls net her seven kills without any damage taken (was at two hp) and wins her the mission.

She then spends about a week (or two) recouperating only to get torn up by Chrysalyds the next mission.

;__;
I once had chysalyds get a near part kill on me in three turns, but my sniper managed to survive and kill all of them.  Including the ten or so that spawned from dead civilians. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28522 on: March 07, 2013, 06:40:49 pm »

People take this website seriously. I am honestly baffled as to how they couldn't see how it's obviously a joke about stereotypical Christian overreaction.
Example of how this is way too overblown to even appear to be genuine.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28523 on: March 07, 2013, 06:59:23 pm »

There are some Christians who are close to Christwire-level insane, so I'm not surprised people could be fooled.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #28524 on: March 07, 2013, 07:15:59 pm »

The homogay agenda? That's a new one xD

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28525 on: March 07, 2013, 07:24:52 pm »

The homogay agenda? That's a new one xD

Oooh are we going back to the Gay Agenda?

That is an interesting topic indeed. Though the fact of the matter is that there is no "agenda" because there is no cohesive gay whole so to speak.

Also I will also agree that the term "Homophobic" is a shut up tactic and it isn't just something that anti-gay people complain about because they are anti-gay.

So my view is: I hate discussions that end up on the news because the news seems to only show the worst public speakers of all time no matter what the topic is.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #28526 on: March 07, 2013, 07:32:52 pm »

I was talking about the homo+gay part :P.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #28527 on: March 07, 2013, 07:39:06 pm »

I particularly love how it says one of the Ponies is the second coming of Jesus and the author wants to marry it despite hating on the show at large. XD

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28528 on: March 07, 2013, 07:48:06 pm »

Well, I think I found my colourful imagery for the day.

Quote from: ChristWire
Hundreds if not thousands of men writhe around on the floor in a gay sodomitic mass half dressed in MLP get ups and costumes and the other half covered in gay reproductive fluids and frothy mixtures of anal fluid and cherry flavored sex lube.

OTT satire is best satire.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28529 on: March 07, 2013, 09:14:46 pm »

People take this website seriously. I am honestly baffled as to how they couldn't see how it's obviously a joke about stereotypical Christian overreaction.
Example of how this is way too overblown to even appear to be genuine.

About The Author:
Republican, American, Christian, Man, Carnivore, White, Hero, Genius, Brave. All words that adequately describe Christopher Christenson. At the ripe young age of 28, Christopher has been writing for Christwire for quite a while, when he isn't warding off the North Koreans from attacking or mentoring youth at his church. Because of his young age, he is able to connect with the young people whilst still charming our beloved elderly. Christopher is fascinated by the grotesque trends among youth and will stop at nothing to investigate. You can contact him on his website.

Yeah, this part alone is golden.
Pages: 1 ... 1900 1901 [1902] 1903 1904 ... 11040