Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1513 1514 [1515] 1516 1517 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14490949 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #22710 on: November 19, 2012, 08:27:21 pm »

In my dreams recently (well, the last couple of nights) I seem to be playing either a nasty, sociopathic villain or at least a mildly crazy, rage-filled version of my self. Usually those are the best dreams; dreams where I'm robbing banks, blowing shit up and gunning people down/hacking them apart with a sword are the most fun ways to spend my time unconscious!
But the dream last night, it's like even whilst seeing what I was doing from my character's viewpoint, the dream also focused on the suffering I was causing and just how twisted my character's mind was. Also I'm pretty sure I ended up being thwarted by a 'goody guy', and the bastard reunited with his GF and had this big, emotional 'the day is saved' kinda scene. :-\ Weird. It's not like I even get that angry in real life these days, at least not that I notice.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #22711 on: November 19, 2012, 11:01:21 pm »

So, apparently the CEO of Ubisoft claims that PC gaming has a 95% piracy rate. What is this i don't even.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22712 on: November 19, 2012, 11:37:15 pm »

So, apparently the CEO of Ubisoft claims that PC gaming has a 95% piracy rate. What is this i don't even.

the CEO of Ubisoft
Pft. Yes, let's listen to someone best described like this talk about piracy.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22713 on: November 19, 2012, 11:37:17 pm »

Yes, and the only thing keeping me from ascending to godhood is the annoying mailman.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22714 on: November 19, 2012, 11:48:06 pm »

And we're expecting the CEO of Ubisoft to not spout nonsense because..,
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #22715 on: November 20, 2012, 12:14:17 am »

So, I was walking through the store today and I saw this.

Hasbro, why do you shame yourself so?!
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22716 on: November 20, 2012, 12:29:53 am »

People like farmville.
People know hasbro.
???
Profit?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #22717 on: November 20, 2012, 08:32:47 am »

E: On a sidenote, i reached the end of patience-is-a-virtue.org.
I just opened the page source and grabbed the image from there.
fuk da polis!
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22718 on: November 20, 2012, 08:39:52 am »

I'm sometimes surprised how little others seem to cry. I always thought it was just repressed emotion because ya know, men don't cry in public. But no, apparently they don't in private either, whereas I tear up at the slightest provocation.
For me, at least, it was because from a very early age I was taught by my peers that crying = further punching or taunting. Hell, I had to work hard to get tears out when my first dog died. Not because I didn't feel absolutely awful, but because I literally couldn't cry unless I forced myself to go over everything again and again, soaking my mind in regrets, in order for it to get through to my body. And I didn't want to appear insensitive.

See, I don't remember ever being conditioned against crying. I cried as a child at different things. I distinctly remember crying when a somewhat distant relative died (after we had gotten home from the funeral), possibly because it was the first time somebody I knew had died. That's what makes the Asperger's potential suspect -- it's something you're born with, not something you develop. Whereas I seem to have become more like this over time.

Another WTF is that this may potentially be what finishes my marriage, moreso than the infidelity. My wife even said yesterday that she had been moving towards reconciliation in her head, but wasn't sure she could stay married to an aspie, if that turns out to be the diagnosis. She kept saying, "How could I have married THAT??" While that seems harsh and intolerant, she's probably accurate in that assessment. My wife is like anti-aspie -- she's empathic to the point where (IMO) it's almost crippling. When close friends have tragedies in their life, she feels it almost as acutely as they do. That disparity is a problem.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22719 on: November 20, 2012, 09:11:10 am »

Another WTF is that this may potentially be what finishes my marriage, moreso than the infidelity. My wife even said yesterday that she had been moving towards reconciliation in her head, but wasn't sure she could stay married to an aspie, if that turns out to be the diagnosis. She kept saying, "How could I have married THAT??" While that seems harsh and intolerant, she's probably accurate in that assessment. My wife is like anti-aspie -- she's empathic to the point where (IMO) it's almost crippling. When close friends have tragedies in their life, she feels it almost as acutely as they do. That disparity is a problem.
This just sounds weird. A diagnosis is completely irrevelant. Hilariously irrevelant actually, because this isnt cancer, but a behavioral syndrome which should be obvious to anyone you are married to. And if it wasnt a large problem before, then it shouldnt be a large problem after diagnosis.

Plus the "THAT?!" Leaves an exceptionally bad impression of her. This is a behavioural disorder where people arent good at socializing, not demon possession, brainslugs nor psychopathy.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22720 on: November 20, 2012, 09:11:27 am »

Does Bay 12 Forums show anyone 504 Gateway Time-out errors every 5 minutes or so?
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22721 on: November 20, 2012, 09:12:19 am »

Until 40minutes ago it was constant for almost an hour.  Rage thread is well.... raging about it.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22722 on: November 20, 2012, 09:15:25 am »

Which I find hilarious.
"We're getting issues caused by server strain! Let us make many posts on the subject!!"
My cabbages!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22723 on: November 20, 2012, 09:17:19 am »

Which I find hilarious.
"We're getting issues caused by server strain! Let us make many posts on the subject!!"
"Oh my God, we've hit an iceberg and the ship is listing! Quick, everyone run to the side of the boat and see how close the ocean is!"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22724 on: November 20, 2012, 09:19:20 am »

Your example is much better and more amusing than mine.
My cabbages!

Pages: 1 ... 1513 1514 [1515] 1516 1517 ... 11037