Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1512 1513 [1514] 1515 1516 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14489853 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #22695 on: November 19, 2012, 06:01:14 pm »

My roommate lost his key again.
How does he afford it? At my uni, at least, it's a $75 replacement fee if you lose your key or break the lock.

@RedKing: That... sounds entirely too much like my own worldview. I don't think I've shed an honest tear since I was in elementary school. Though that could just be due to the whole repressed emotions thing. In any case, good luck ye noble soul. Because, in all seriousness, you're a good person.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22696 on: November 19, 2012, 06:05:04 pm »

My roommate lost his key again.
How does he afford it? At my uni, at least, it's a $75 replacement fee if you lose your key or break the lock.
$40 dollars here. He gets money from his family, I guess.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #22697 on: November 19, 2012, 06:05:04 pm »

I make it a point to only lose my keys in my bedroom.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22698 on: November 19, 2012, 06:05:17 pm »

I'm sometimes surprised how little others seem to cry. I always thought it was just repressed emotion because ya know, men don't cry in public. But no, apparently they don't in private either, whereas I tear up at the slightest provocation.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22699 on: November 19, 2012, 06:06:00 pm »

I just realized that my friends are extremely bad roleplayers when it comes to D&D and the like.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22700 on: November 19, 2012, 06:06:24 pm »

So apparently I may have Asperger's. This is a surprise to me. Going to be scheduling some tests to make a better determination.

Although, this would explain a great many things.
Oh. I have a sister with aspergers. Jesus is it a hassle. Hope you cope well.
Well, I'm not sure what I'm coping with. I don't feel particularly socially maladjusted. But apparently many of my friends have thought for years that I should be tested for it. No one apparently thought to inform me. But it would explain some of the things like the lack of grieving when people close to me have died or when close friends have suffered huge tragedies. I mean, I'm sad for them but on self-examination, I'm not sure if I'm genuinely emotionally sad, or just purely on an intellectual level like "This person has suffered a significant tragedy, and they are a friend. Thus, I should feel sympathy for them." I mean, I barely cried when my grandfather (who raised me) died suddenly. I'm facing potential divorce and not being there to see my children grow up, and yet my physical response is flat. Even the therapist today noted that I was discussing the issue as though it were a routine occurrence of no real consequence.

I mean, I'm not a Sheldon. I recognize sarcasm. I am quite acquainted with emotions like happiness and anger. But there are definitely a number of the other symptoms that I can see. I don't know. It'll be interesting to see what they find out.
That sounds like my sister all right. Hell, she has told me some of the things you've said "Misko, why don't I feel sad abot xyz?"
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22701 on: November 19, 2012, 06:13:13 pm »

I just realized that my friends are extremely bad roleplayers when it comes to D&D and the like.

Are they "rollplayers" if you get my meaning?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22702 on: November 19, 2012, 06:22:13 pm »

I'm sometimes surprised how little others seem to cry. I always thought it was just repressed emotion because ya know, men don't cry in public. But no, apparently they don't in private either, whereas I tear up at the slightest provocation.
For me, at least, it was because from a very early age I was taught by my peers that crying = further punching or taunting. Hell, I had to work hard to get tears out when my first dog died. Not because I didn't feel absolutely awful, but because I literally couldn't cry unless I forced myself to go over everything again and again, soaking my mind in regrets, in order for it to get through to my body. And I didn't want to appear insensitive.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22703 on: November 19, 2012, 06:26:09 pm »

No. They arent that either. They. Just. Derail...
The 'Best Plot' for one of our adventures was literally a ripoff of inception. We were stuck going through layer after layer of illusion. AND IT DIDNT EVEN HAVE A PLOT! Thats all we had! And when I tried to get some semblance of plot in, we just all die and boom! New Illusion, and all the plot before erased.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #22704 on: November 19, 2012, 06:32:15 pm »

So... maybe roll with no overarching plot? Scenes, scenarios, a living world...? Exploration for the sake of exploration, concept manipulation, and system investigation?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22705 on: November 19, 2012, 06:37:05 pm »

For me, at least, it was because from a very early age I was taught by my peers that crying = further punching or taunting. Hell, I had to work hard to get tears out when my first dog died. Not because I didn't feel absolutely awful, but because I literally couldn't cry unless I forced myself to go over everything again and again, soaking my mind in regrets, in order for it to get through to my body. And I didn't want to appear insensitive.
I just don't cry because I don't feel like crying.
It's a good enough reason for me.

EDIT: Okay, WTF at myself here. I was chilling out maxin', relaxin all cool on baystation12, when people started talking about goatse.cx being a web mail service soon. Long story short, I am now signed up for a @goatse.cx email address.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 06:45:41 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22706 on: November 19, 2012, 06:47:55 pm »

You always struck me as a cryer. And not because your gay, mind you, simply, how you are so, connected with everyone. It's slightly terrifying.

Misko rarely if ever cries, and it occurs only when things are at their absolute bleakest. A few times as a young child, never now, unless I get hit by another urge for suicide. Which is exceedingly rare. Really, it depends on how much you emotionally invest yourself in things. And I know not to do that, ergo no crying. Not crying isn't a bad thing, it is ust another way of dealing with things. some people bawl like a baby, others need a quiet moment of introspection.

I was never really beaten up either. Bullied sure, but the bullies were mainly idiots who didn't realize they weren't getting a rise out of me, and knew I could whip their asses if I so pleased. Their tiny tiny asses.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22707 on: November 19, 2012, 06:50:42 pm »

You always struck me as a cryer. And not because your gay, mind you, simply, how you are so, connected with everyone. It's slightly terrifying.

Misko rarely if ever cries, and it occurs only when things are at their absolute bleakest. A few times as a young child, never now, unless I get hit by another urge for suicide. Which is exceedingly rare. Really, it depends on how much you emotionally invest yourself in things. And I know not to do that, ergo no crying. Not crying isn't a bad thing, it is ust another way of dealing with things. some people bawl like a baby, others need a quiet moment of introspection.

I was never really beaten up either. Bullied sure, but the bullies were mainly idiots who didn't realize they weren't getting a rise out of me, and knew I could whip their asses if I so pleased. Their tiny tiny asses.
Well people tend to associate crying with sadness or pity, but crying comes with any strong emotional response. Tears of anger, hatred, happiness, sadness and everything in between. Not crying is one of those ways to mask your true feelings when they would otherwise appear strongest - for better or for worse.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22708 on: November 19, 2012, 06:52:25 pm »

O.o

I think I'll take that as a complement xD
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22709 on: November 19, 2012, 08:18:59 pm »

so, got a cheap MP3 player.  There is a option in the settings labled: update firmware, and it comes with a utility you install on your computer to update the firmware.  Guess what, they recommend that you do not do anything with the firmware, go figure
Pages: 1 ... 1512 1513 [1514] 1515 1516 ... 11037