Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1482 1483 [1484] 1485 1486 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14488227 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #22245 on: November 14, 2012, 01:35:59 pm »

And bandits are far more likely to be prowling the countryside.
Or are these bandits who somehow don't have any of the same survival instincts as you do and will just blindly wander around cities wondering where everyone is?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22246 on: November 14, 2012, 01:36:59 pm »

I think ya'll are missing the point. Cities are full of PEOPLE, which generally get TURNED INTO ZOMBIES in this sort of event. MILLIONS OF ZOMBIES. Instead of two hundred or whatever in Podunk, Middleofnowhere.
Not to mention, people can be far more dangerous than zombies. Bandits, and other assorted nasty people who don't want to share resources after the end, would be far more dangerous than zombies.
People zombies who will either search for fresh food after they num on everything in the city, or will osmose(diffuse) out iof the city naturally.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #22247 on: November 14, 2012, 01:37:44 pm »

You know where I'd go in case of zombies? Hawaii, ideally.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22248 on: November 14, 2012, 01:39:29 pm »

I think ya'll are missing the point. Cities are full of PEOPLE, which generally get TURNED INTO ZOMBIES in this sort of event. MILLIONS OF ZOMBIES. Instead of two hundred or whatever in Podunk, Middleofnowhere.
Not to mention, people can be far more dangerous than zombies. Bandits, and other assorted nasty people who don't want to share resources after the end, would be far more dangerous than zombies.
People zombies who will either search for fresh food after they num on everything in the city, or will osmose(diffuse) out iof the city naturally.

AFTER they num on everything in the city. Including anyone who stayed in the city. Which would include you. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #22249 on: November 14, 2012, 01:40:20 pm »

Are these bandits sporting some kind of stealth suit that makes them invisible to zombies?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22250 on: November 14, 2012, 01:40:40 pm »

Screw that shit. Quarantine.

Say all of Britain's infrastructure fails, its navies inexplicably explode, airforce (KABOOM for some reason) and its army decide to bugger off because it's Wednesday, there's still one trump card:
The SAS.
Heavily armoured elite shock troops trained in room to room fighting and head shots. Are they not the ultimate anti-zombie force?

AFTER they num on everything in the city. Including anyone who stayed in the city. Which would include you. :P
HA! There's be a net loss in zombies. Everyone would be hacking and slashing to protect their local pound shops.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22251 on: November 14, 2012, 01:41:49 pm »

This. So much this.

Are these bandits sporting some kind of stealth suit that makes them invisible to zombies?
No, but they would likely be heavily armed. The difference between them and regular survivors is that bandits are more likely to kill/rape fellow humans.

FK'ING NINJAS
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22252 on: November 14, 2012, 01:43:04 pm »

Are we really shaping up a flamewar on which is better, cities or countryside, in a Zombie Apocalypse? Cuz that would be the most awesome flamewar ever.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22253 on: November 14, 2012, 01:43:42 pm »

Don't we have a zombie thread somewhere? This is clogging up the thread. :p

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22254 on: November 14, 2012, 01:44:38 pm »

The zombie thread is as dead as...well, dead people :P

We'd have to reanimate it again.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22255 on: November 14, 2012, 01:44:56 pm »

Kinda like zombies in a road. Roads which can be driven down, with a massive 381 double decker bus and an iron plough.

MY PLOUGH IS AUGMENTED

MY ZOMBIES ARE READY

BEGIN THE SALLY FORTH

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22256 on: November 14, 2012, 01:45:17 pm »

Yeah, the armed forces are always shown as being unrealistically unprepared to take down the zombies. But i guess if the cops / national guard / army used real tactics it wouldn't be the same movie.

Hell even WWI trench warfare would take down zombies. They don't use guns or know how to take cover, nor have artillery or air-support for their advance.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:47:14 pm by Reelya »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22257 on: November 14, 2012, 01:46:01 pm »

YOU ARE IS WRONG< AND I AM IS RIGHT.  I WILL NOW IGNORE EVERYTHING YOU SAY AND STRAWMAN YOU HELL OUT OF YOU.  PROCEDE TO LOSE BY MY DEFINITON :P

More importent is:  I steal myself a HAM radio or w.e.  What frequency should I use?  What message?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22258 on: November 14, 2012, 01:46:55 pm »

Riot police VS Zombies

Aw yeah

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #22259 on: November 14, 2012, 01:48:30 pm »

Yea... Any monster not more or less immune to bullets automatically loses in a fight against the modern military.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 1482 1483 [1484] 1485 1486 ... 11037