Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1438 1439 [1440] 1441 1442 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468503 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #21585 on: November 04, 2012, 03:11:14 pm »

EDIT: Related WTFery -- while perusing the Wiki history of Andorra, I discovered this gem:
In 1958, Andorra declared peace with Germany, having been forgotten on the Treaty of Versailles that ended World War I and, the conflict being extended by the lack of a peace treaty, remaining legally at war.
Are you telling me that World War I actually lasted past the end of World War II?
The Third Punic War technically lasted for more than 2100 years.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21586 on: November 04, 2012, 06:14:10 pm »

EDIT: Related WTFery -- while perusing the Wiki history of Andorra, I discovered this gem:
In 1958, Andorra declared peace with Germany, having been forgotten on the Treaty of Versailles that ended World War I and, the conflict being extended by the lack of a peace treaty, remaining legally at war.
Are you telling me that World War I actually lasted past the end of World War II?
The Third Punic War technically lasted for more than 2100 years.
Wait wut? Please, explain.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21587 on: November 04, 2012, 06:24:36 pm »

For some reason people have enormous disdain towards Clever,cleverer,cleverest and stupid,stupider,stupidest being used, despite them being in the Oxford English Dictionary (which is pretty much the ultimate word in the English language). I don't even get what's up with that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21588 on: November 04, 2012, 06:29:20 pm »

Are you sure you're not mistaken? That's pretty colloquial here. Maybe you mean "smarterer."

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21589 on: November 04, 2012, 06:34:32 pm »

[rant] Alright yous little kids who aren't really to blame for being in horrid store bought costumes with pictures of the things you're supposed to be dressed up as on the chest and your ridiculous parents. Hands down, here's how we're doing this trick or treat thing and how we've done it for years:

There's a big long table in the neighbor's driveway with candy from four houses on it. That's kinda why you get four pieces of candy, most of them candy bars.... (Not my fault one of 'em is handing out suckers). Also that might be the reason for the big ole' sign saying that's what's going on.... Not that you'd read it.... I can hope with futility though.

Quit knocking on my door with the porchlight off AFTER you've gotten one of my candy bars from ye big ole table next door. The kids, I can understand, but they aren't all kids.... Read the great big sign on the 4 ft by 8 ft piece of plywood with the spotlight on it [I'm lookin' at you parents].

Then again, what do I expect? I'm sure a real ghost would wear a crappy plastic storebought mask with a sweatshirt featuring a cartoon ghost and the word, "ghost," on it.... Where do I direct my disbelief at this? Mom and Dad actually went out and paid ... somehow paid ... for the costume that is horrid. I mean really, it's a sweatshirt with a cartoon ghost on it. I'd rather the sheet with eyeholes came up to my door the table across the lawn for candy (actually that kid would get double candy). I just can't fathom it. That thing cost nigh on $20, plus tax and I've seen it at least three times tonight.... [rant/]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21590 on: November 04, 2012, 06:52:09 pm »

I only ever had two store-bought costumes. My grandmother made the rest. Hell, my first costume was a pillow-case ghost. I remember that night well.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #21591 on: November 04, 2012, 06:59:20 pm »

Back in my day (some 15ish years ago when I was still reasonably sure of being able to go candy hunting [24 years old now]) kids actually had these weird things called imaginations and another thing called creativity. Now it is just an amalgamation of overly expensive cheap costumes (such as what Truean described) with next to no real thought put into it to make the costume unique. Thankfully, I live on top of a hill down a dead end road with no lights so this generation's candy hunters never come near my door.

Also, Christmas is a damned month and 3 weeks away! Why the hell are the Christmas movies starting already?!
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #21592 on: November 04, 2012, 07:07:52 pm »

Because Christmas season started on the first. Just accept it and everything will go more smoothly.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21593 on: November 04, 2012, 07:10:30 pm »

Because Christmas season started on the first. Just accept it and everything will go more smoothly.

They had Christmas crap in the stores at the beginning of October. Don't these guys know the program? It's scary scary, then merry merry. That's the deal. :P

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21594 on: November 04, 2012, 07:10:57 pm »

I shall never accept Christmas! NEVER!

I will grab the Ghost of Christmas future by the neck, pull it towards me, and then breathe heavily at its face until it's very uncomfortable and leaves.

Then when it turns around, I'll attach a kick-me sign to its back.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #21595 on: November 04, 2012, 07:11:26 pm »

* GalenEvil refuses to accept...

We still have thanksgiving to get through still (at least here in the states, not sure what the rest of the world does on the day of Turkey nommification). I refuse to accept that it is Christmas season until after Thanksgiving is over with and people start flooding to the malls to get their Black Friday deals.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #21596 on: November 04, 2012, 07:17:00 pm »

Yeah, Walmart has already been putting up Christmas stuff in the back of the store before it was even October 31st.

I actually went as a sheet-with-eyes ghost one year on Halloween. It was pretty fun, for some crazy reason.  Another year I took one of my dad's winter coats and wore it over my head, so only a stump of my head could be seen. I covered that up with a paper mache bloody stump neck, then got a jack-o-lantern to carry around. Aside from the limited line-of-sight and the warmth of the coat it was a pretty great, cheap costume.

I still want to make a prop of a chestburster coming out of my chest and wear it all Halloween some day.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #21597 on: November 04, 2012, 07:28:20 pm »

I actually went as a sheet-with-eyes ghost one year on Halloween. It was pretty fun, for some reason.
When I was 15 (the last time I went trick-or-treating) myself and three friends went as sheetghosts, and another wore a black robe and a homemade skull mask, as he was the necromancer who had raised us from the grave.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21598 on: November 04, 2012, 07:31:39 pm »

I actually went as a sheet-with-eyes ghost one year on Halloween. It was pretty fun, for some reason.
When I was 15 (the last time I went trick-or-treating) myself and three friends went as sheetghosts, and another wore a black robe and a homemade skull mask, as he was the necromancer who had raised us from the grave.

There's some awesomeness to that.

The costume is not so much as the company....

Please don't quote me.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21599 on: November 04, 2012, 07:32:30 pm »

Next year I assume your friends wore the same costumes and you went as Pacman?
Pages: 1 ... 1438 1439 [1440] 1441 1442 ... 11037