Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1223 1224 [1225] 1226 1227 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471785 times)

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #18360 on: October 02, 2012, 12:23:49 am »

how about super hi res perfectly stuck in head even know of a dirty sock. every thread every speck of dirt like it was mountain size. Really weird dream
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18361 on: October 02, 2012, 12:25:20 am »

My dream last night involved a M16, ponies, modbolds and alot of death. Who here can guess what was going on?

Yes, christmas. CHRISTMAS was going on, and my gifts were bullets. Their gift to me was their screams.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18362 on: October 02, 2012, 12:26:56 am »

That's a little creepy bro. But then I've had dreams where I've fucked certain creatures I'd rather not name. Anyone else disturbed yet?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18363 on: October 02, 2012, 12:27:24 am »

I dreamed about arguing with Mitt romney in a court about whether or not I was allowed to take a bathroom break.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18364 on: October 02, 2012, 12:28:06 am »

At least your dreams have more variety than: RAWR SLASH SCREECH BLOOD DEATH MUAHAHAHAHAHAH.

It was strange... Very strange. And I have dreams like that, but its more like, "Men, open fire on the civilians with the cannons. Canister shot, double load."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #18365 on: October 02, 2012, 03:13:32 am »

I once dreamed I was hunting smurfs with a shotgun.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18366 on: October 02, 2012, 03:15:22 am »

Bit of an overkill.

Fungicides woulda worked just as well and less conspicuously.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18367 on: October 02, 2012, 05:07:26 am »

I go on Youtube... and instead of newest subscribed stuff, it shows me bunch of random videos and tells me to 'pick some channels'.

I refresh and everything is back to normal. Huh. Minor WTF moment.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18368 on: October 02, 2012, 07:49:05 am »

I just remembered the WTF I forgot to post earlier:

The other day I saw a program on TV about how you 'Murricans can purchase various native Australian animals to keep as pets, something which is very illegal here in Aus. :o There is also a fairly big trade revolving around the selling of them. Whoa.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #18369 on: October 02, 2012, 07:56:26 am »

human spider eats human bird

That's way too detailed for a question that, on paper, seems like the type of dumb question you'd have smoking weed.

That reminds me of a conversation I started yesterday, and I swear to the procedurally generated deity of your choice that I wasn't on anything:

How do you count to one?
It's easy, you start at 0.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18370 on: October 02, 2012, 08:13:08 am »

I was about to say. I count to one all the time. :P

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #18371 on: October 02, 2012, 08:18:43 am »

You just need to think. Because just going '1' isn't counting to one. The intervening numbers are what make it counting to, as opposed to simply quoting it. Were I to say "I'm going to count to nine" and follow it up by simply saying "nine" I would be incorrect, as there was no counting involved.

An alternative solution to the problem is to count in reverse, one could go "7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" and would fulfill the commitment of stating that they were counting to one.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18372 on: October 02, 2012, 08:25:20 am »

What you're asking is if your origin and destination are the same place, did you actually go anywhere?

The answer is it's just semantic nonsense. You're concerned over words, not actual meaning. The phrase "counting to X" is used to determine your destination number, and if it's the same as your origin, you still "counted to it."

Imagine a hypothetical board game where you draw cards to determine how many spaces you move. If you draw a card that says "move 0 spaces," you still "moved," despite not actually moving your token, because "moving" in that case refers to your move action, not the actual physical moving of the pieces.

In the original example, you can still "count to 1" while starting at 1 because "counting to" refers to the act of rattling off all the numbers between X and Y. If X and Y are both one, you still performed the "counting to" action. So the question isn't whether you went anywhere at all, but whether you performed a specific action, and the answer to that is yes.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18373 on: October 02, 2012, 08:35:04 am »

There aren't "numbers" between 1 and 1. Even double inclusive, you still only get one - that's not a list.

And I'm sorry, but the word "to" requires action - I can not go "to" the place I am, anymore than I can "enter" this room or Lord English can go "into" the Alternia universe. There's no action if we're already there.

"to" requires a destination AND a source. Count /to/ something requires a line segment, not a point - every definition that fits the word "counting" requires motion. You can't have motion if you don't move. (and most games treat doing nothing as /skipping/ your move, and I've never seen a game say 'move zero spaces' - only 'skip turn' or the like. I could see it for convenience purposes, I suppose - but then, games always have tons of jargon. That's not relevant here.
)
At the VERY least you would have to say "1,1" - that would at least give you the justification of having moved to the same place.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18374 on: October 02, 2012, 08:43:02 am »

One, One point Zero Repeating, One.

There, counted to one.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 1223 1224 [1225] 1226 1227 ... 11037