Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454316 times)

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #5700 on: February 25, 2012, 11:36:13 pm »

Englishmen exist in every nation in the world, it seems. Every country you travel to, in the capital city at least there is at least one pub, with one Englishman there sipping his tea or beer, for god-only-knows the reasons why he is there.

I wonder if they can really hate non-englishmen, or if they simply expatirate to other countries simply so they don't have to deal with Welshmen.

hE'S WAITING FOR jAMES bOND TO SHOW UP; TO LEAD HIM TO THE SECRET BACK ROOM WITH ALL THE COOL SPY STUFF.

dammit, capslock... screw it.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: February 25, 2012, 11:40:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the scuejbt of the elgisnh lnuaagge it's been pvreon taht so lnog as the frsit and lsat ltteers are in the smae pitsoion and all of the leetrts are pensret you can raed any wrod jsut fnie eevn if the rset of it is a ttaol mses. 
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: February 26, 2012, 12:15:30 am »

Quote from: Monarch Logic
COLONIZE ALL THE LANDS! PEOPLE WILL REALLY APPRECIATE NOT BEING FRENCH!
This sums up some of the mentality behind colonialism quite well. Although making lots of money out of it was really a much larger motivation, the not being French thing was mostly just a subtext.

You know, one of the things I find interesting is that the British empire was predominantly profit motivated. It's expansion was heavily run by capitalists, and it went on to become the biggest empire the world has ever seen. An empire upon which the sun never set (we totally stole that phrase from the Spanish), and technically, it never has.

What's also interesting is the parallels to events today. Like how often people asked for intervention from the crown to give funds/subsidies to major companies that were failing due to bad business decisions.

Or the wars, it sends a shiver down my spine when I think of the similarities between some of the situations with the protectorates and the Iraq war.

Some Jehovah’s Witnesses came to my door today to reassure me that the world will not be destroyed in the coming apocalypse.  I wasn’t really sure how to respond to that so I just smiled, nodded and talked politely to them to waste their time until they left.  I hope they don’t come back.
They probably will, we had a recurring Jehovah's witnesses problem that kept coming back every couple of weeks or so until one day my mother told them to shove off... Well actually she used much harsher words than that. They never came back.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: February 26, 2012, 12:46:08 am »

But I lvoe to bcheutr eilngsh!
Thats because you are a aussie.

I lvoe taht tihs is cnimog form an Acamerin.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: February 26, 2012, 12:48:17 am »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: February 26, 2012, 12:49:48 am »

But I lvoe to bcheutr eilngsh!
Thats because you are a aussie.

I lvoe taht tihs is cnimog form an Acamerin.
Wo're ahl in tse sihe lahuggae guorp amdihw. To a creatin dfgdee.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: February 26, 2012, 12:53:04 am »

Some Jehovah’s Witnesses came to my door today to reassure me that the world will not be destroyed in the coming apocalypse.  I wasn’t really sure how to respond to that so I just smiled, nodded and talked politely to them to waste their time until they left.  I hope they don’t come back.
Appropriate response: "Damn! I was counting on that! What the hell am I going to do now!?"

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: February 26, 2012, 12:58:40 am »

Appropriate response: "Damn! I was counting on that! What the hell am I going to do now!?"
It's also fun to try to convert them to some bogus religion you make up on the spot.

3. Run Resize Enable

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: February 26, 2012, 12:59:48 am »

It's better to make some up on the spot in advance, so that you have fliers and tracts printed and ready by your door.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: February 26, 2012, 01:03:43 am »

It's better to make some up on the spot in advance, so that you have fliers and tracts printed and ready by your door.
True.

3. Run Resize Enable

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: February 26, 2012, 01:09:12 am »

Would you like to join the church of equineology? We believe we should welcome our pony overlords!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: February 26, 2012, 01:17:05 am »

So simple, too! "

I, John Everyman, was wandering out in the woods when I found the sacred stones. Celestia appeared from the heavens and gave me a magical looking glass with which to interpret them. After doing so and transcribing them, I destroyed the originals. Would you like an informational pamphlet?"

3. Run Resize Enable

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: February 26, 2012, 01:21:52 am »

Maybe we shouldn't joke about this? The entire pony thing has a large enough cult following that chances are such a thing would become a serious religion. We could unwillingly start another church of zealots who insist that only pedophiles would dare question their actions.
/Dead fucking serious.

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: February 26, 2012, 01:31:47 am »

Soon will come the First Church of Celestia which will try and maintain the canon of the series.  Then will come the Order of Bronyism which will present an alternate canon and be forced out as heretics.  The First Church of Celestial will eventually gain enough momentum to establish the Holy Equestrian Empire. The Southern Equestrians will split off the Holy Equestrian Empire and then things will get really messy when someone develops Clopology.  That will be a dark time in Ponyanity.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: February 26, 2012, 01:32:56 am »

Sadly I could see that happening, don't get me wrong I have nothing against bronies, but the fanaticism of some can be off the charts at times.

Wanted to put in a  Reformation joke, but I can't think of any way to pony-ize Martin Luther.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 11040