Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454668 times)

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #840 on: July 02, 2011, 04:41:37 am »

@Jack_Bread: sounds like the battery's died and it's running on mains only.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 02, 2011, 05:41:01 am »

I'm wondering if I have dyslexia or not at this point. I'll occasionally switch up the first letters of words (just a few minutes ago I ended up saying "Bessert Danana" when I was meaning to say Dessert Banana) in both vocal and written terms. My grandfather had the disorder for sure, so that makes me wonder as well. On the other hand, it almost never happens.

Weird.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 02, 2011, 06:05:58 am »

No cited links between "Spoonerisms" which is what your example is (almost everyone does that that at some point) and Dyslexia. In fact a quick google around found a reference that Dyslexics have difficulty generating and playing with Spoonerisms whereas non-dyslexics don't have that problem. (Perin Spoonerism test is used to help detect dyslexia).

Spoonerisms are a vocal glitch whereas Dyslexia is a problem with written symbols. Dyslexics talk fine.

EDIT: On a hunch I googled ADHD and Spoonerisms. There is definitely some sort of link there, many more articles than those referencing "Spoonerism and Dyslexia". Maybe it's the overactive brain tripping over itself. I wouldn't worry about this either, could just be you're tired, or your mind is racing/distracted for another reason.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 06:14:17 am by Reelyanoob »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 02, 2011, 06:07:29 am »

Yeah, if you had Dyslexia, you'd know it. We're talking words jumping off the page and doing summersaults here.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 02, 2011, 06:31:58 am »

Quote from: Angel of Death
suprising how all of you fags noticed the big dick but not the reactions of the HOT CHICKS in this DOUJIN... epic failure...
What the fuck indeed... I don't even have an account called Angel of Death outside of Bay12, so it ain't me.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 07:03:15 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 02, 2011, 07:16:09 am »

It's not really a very, uhh, specific name. The likelyhood it's somebody else is quite high.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 02, 2011, 07:24:15 am »

Oh it wasn't an account, it was just a nametag.

It's not really a very, uhh, specific name. The likelyhood it's somebody else is quite high.
eh.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 02, 2011, 10:43:20 am »

My laptop randomly turned off, earlier. I assumed it overheated because of the weather, so I let it cool down for a while.
I turned it back on an hour later and check my power settings and I changed it from "Gaming Mode" to "Power Saver."
But then I noticed it said "0% available (plugged in, not charging)" It's been like that for a while now and nothing seems wrong... it's just kinda strange.
Last time I had that, it was either the battery dead (Not too bad) or the laptop's inner power connecter was fried (very bad and screechy, but if its still running this probably isn't it)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 02, 2011, 12:13:21 pm »

Why do people type in all capped words Like This?  I don't get it.  Are they forgetting which words are supposed to be capped and capping all of them just to make sure?  Are they trolling (this one definitely wasn't)?  Or do they just genuinely believe that's the way capitalization works?  Argh, I just don't understand  :'(

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 02, 2011, 12:15:29 pm »

Why do people type in all capped words Like This?  I don't get it.  Are they forgetting which words are supposed to be capped and capping all of them just to make sure?  Are they trolling (this one definitely wasn't)?  Or do they just genuinely believe that's the way capitalization works?  Argh, I just don't understand  :'(
Perhaps it was suppose to be an obtusely long acronym they forgot to actually put at the end? (PIWSTBAOLATFTAPATE)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: July 02, 2011, 12:32:53 pm »

It's just Realmfighter Being Realmfighter.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 02, 2011, 12:38:02 pm »

BECAUSE SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO SHOOOUUUUUT!!!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 02, 2011, 02:03:20 pm »

They were dancing.

The Kan-Kan.Now I feel horrible. That pun was horrible.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 02, 2011, 03:40:53 pm »

It's just a stylistic choice. Well, it could be because they're trying to but weight behind the words. But I think it's just for style.
Love, scriver~

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 02, 2011, 03:48:08 pm »

Oh, like Devo has style.  I see...
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 11040