Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454778 times)

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #825 on: July 01, 2011, 11:19:12 am »

Methinks I'll just reinstall Steam on D: before downloading the game then. Sigh.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 01, 2011, 12:34:11 pm »

In addition, that game is permanently on your steam account. If you install Steam on another computer, your games go with it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 01, 2011, 12:37:04 pm »

thx but I figured that out :) I own 3 now, Terraria, AudioSurf and iBomber. That's $20. I still have >$30 to spare.

Anyone know a good 4X space game? On steam or otherwise?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:38:51 pm by Reelyanoob »

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: July 01, 2011, 12:41:38 pm »

On steam there's Space Empires 4 and 5. Good Old Games has Master of Orion 2 which is the only really good space 4x though.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 01, 2011, 12:47:06 pm »

Of the two Space Empires games, I'd reccomend V. Most things are better.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 01, 2011, 12:48:51 pm »

Got all the Moos already. Even Moo3 (adding official patch 1.25 made it playable). Played SE3 and I think played 4. might try SE-V

I kick Moo1's ass on Impossible level 8)  still have a soft spot for that game *sniff*
Some changes they did with Moo2 didn't really work for me. Moo1 is great coz it's so quick to play, and u can build ludicrous big fleets.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:56:24 pm by Reelyanoob »

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 01, 2011, 01:04:28 pm »

I come back to scar Bay 12 again.

G'night, Bay 12.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 01, 2011, 02:27:47 pm »

A couple was having sex on the lifeguard's tower at a beach in Tel Aviv this morning. This was at 5 AM after this "white night" event. The whole city was piss drunk and what not.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 01, 2011, 05:09:51 pm »

Spoiler: spiders (click to show/hide)

You're sorely tempting me to be horribly evil and link this to my wife, who is an arachnaphobe.  She probably wouldn't sleep for a week.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 01, 2011, 05:19:59 pm »

After today's outreach, we were supposed to go to some farm to pick up lettuce. One of the main staff gave the driver a poorly written map, which was literally two lines, a circle which I assume was supposed to designate a traffic circle(or roundabout, if you will) about halfway there, no street names whatsoever(and we had no idea which street we had to turn on), and what notes there were show that the guy's handwriting is worse than mine(which is atrocious). I should mention the guy who wrote the map is so blind he can't see a road sign 50 feet away, and yet despite that we not only let him operate a forklift, but also drive the damn trucks.
Anyway, as we left the parking lot, we spot a guy lying on the ground tanning himself(while at the time, me and the other two guys were singing "We Are the Champions"). The driver gets confused about the directions and managed to turn back into the parking lot, and as we left we saw the same guy tanning. We try again, and manage to screw up so bad we don't know where the hell we are, and we noticed we were running low on fuel. So while trying to find the farm we were heading to based on the directions(read: making wild guesses on which turns were which), we spot a gas station ahead of us, and we headed toward it to see if they had diesel(it didn't). Before the gas station, there was a traffic circle which we thought was the one we needed to turn at. However, I look to my left and see a motel, and remembered that near the outreach location there's a motel with the same name. Sure as shit, we turn at the roundabout and find ourselves back where we started. And in his moment of intellectual inadaquacy, the driver makes a turn illegally into the parking lot, and as we left, we saw the same guy tanning himself a third time. Not once did this guy look up from his tan, but if he did, he probably would have freaked at seeing the same truck pass by him three times. Eventually we made it back, but it was almost 3PM when we did, with both the lettuce and gas.

And that's not the end of it.

The operations supervisor where I work was fired Tuesday. No reason has officially been given, and the big boss(whom I consider to be borderline-extremist) only made one small mention of it the next day, which is odd, since he's been going on endlessly every day for the past few weeks about not letting people who "don't act Christian" volunteer to help out(granted, there have been a few problems, but still, what the fuck does that mean?). Anyways, today I heard two different second-hand accounts on what happened, and both sound like total bullshit. Two different kinds of bullshit. One, which the guy driving the truck said the boss told him, was that she had been fired because she spent most of the day either on Facebook or texting, which I call BS on for two reasons: first, she wasn't an incompetent moron; she got stuff actually done. Second, I was told that she sent about 80 texts a day according to a phone bill, which, unless it was a phone owned by the mission, which I do not believe it was(but not with 100% certainty), there's no reason I can think of for him to legally have her phone records.
The other reason, which given what I know of my boss, is more believable, was some issue of disagreement on same-sex marriage between her and the boss. Obviously, my boss was not happeh it passed in New York. Apparently, he(or perhaps the operations supervisor who was fired) posted his reaction on Facebook, and Geico, one of the mission's benefactors, was apparently offended by that. I'm not sure on the exact details of that, but I'm sure there's something funny going on.
To quote something I heard today, there's two sides of every story: <- his, hers ->, and ^-His.

EDIT: Before I forget, the guy driving the truck was giving a sermon as well, he used the phrase "God loved Hitler"(albeit in proper context, as proper a context as that line can get anyway) and nobody batted an eyelash.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 05:53:07 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 02, 2011, 12:01:22 am »

People tell me alot that my voice is deep, but I didn't think it was really deep. I mean someone on the DFC Teamspeak asked me if I was black, im not sure if you guy's know this but im not black.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 02, 2011, 02:44:22 am »

People tell me alot that my voice is deep, but I didn't think it was really deep. I mean someone on the DFC Teamspeak asked me if I was black, im not sure if you guy's know this but im not black.
I've been known to have a voice too mature for my age. When I was thirteen, random strangers would comment on it. It made me feel weird. A mixture of pride, because everyone knows I'm the sexiest (yeah, inside joke) and fear, because damn, lady, I don't even know you.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 02, 2011, 03:55:45 am »

I think I found-
Well.
I'm pretty sure I've-
Ugh, this is coming out all wrong. I've found someone from bay12 somewhere else but-
(>_>)
 vVvV
Quote from: Angel of Death
suprising how all of you fags noticed the big dick but not the reactions of the HOT CHICKS in this DOUJIN... epic failure...
I'm not revealing my sources but this shit about finding you guys in weird places is becoming uncanny.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 02, 2011, 04:19:30 am »

I'm not revealing my sources but this shit about finding you guys in weird places is becoming uncanny.
I know, right? You all are all over youtube. But especially Schilicote.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 02, 2011, 04:39:13 am »

My laptop randomly turned off, earlier. I assumed it overheated because of the weather, so I let it cool down for a while.
I turned it back on an hour later and check my power settings and I changed it from "Gaming Mode" to "Power Saver."
But then I noticed it said "0% available (plugged in, not charging)" It's been like that for a while now and nothing seems wrong... it's just kinda strange.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 11040