Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 11042

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14584592 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #150 on: May 02, 2011, 10:03:56 pm »

Yes, plastic is flammable, as the first run of Sandy Bridge chipsets proved. However, it's kept against the (roughly) 85% aluminum internal construction frame, and on the pavilion dm/dv and envy series models, the aluminum case. Oh, aluminum helps dissipate heat better than plastic, by the way. :P

Also, the thickness of the cushion has nothing to do with its triggering. It's triggered by an accelerometer built into the mobo.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2011, 10:08:12 pm »

Also, the thickness of the cushion has nothing to do with its triggering. It's triggered by an accelerometer built into the mobo.
But how could that sense ANYTHING when it's fixated on the motherboard? The motherboard is not put in loose.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:12:18 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2011, 10:10:18 pm »

It's for people who like to drop computers off of tall buildings or hit them really hard with a baseball bat.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 02, 2011, 10:13:18 pm »

It actually kicks in in less than a foot. Again, I'm not the man to ask, I'm a salesman. I don't know everything about how it works, I just want you to buy it. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 02, 2011, 10:16:32 pm »

We need a technician in here, then. or an Engineer.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2011, 10:16:47 pm »

It actually kicks in in less than a foot. Again, I'm not the man to ask, I'm a salesman. I don't know everything about how it works, I just want you to buy it. :P
But the amount of pressure that dropping something a foot generates is EXTREMELY low before it hits the ground. That must mean it is unpredictable, unreliable and (kinda) volatile.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2011, 10:31:51 pm »

You're just going to try to weasel your way out of this by utilizing highly technical details on specialized equipment components that salesmen have no business knowing about, aren't you?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 02, 2011, 10:36:26 pm »

You're just going to try to weasel your way out of this by utilizing highly technical details on specialized equipment components that salesmen have no business knowing about, aren't you?
It's called Common Computer Sense

The more you know!  :D

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 02, 2011, 10:38:01 pm »

<-- Computer Programming major who's been building computers since the age of 11. That amount of time is longer than the total lifetime of some of our forumgoers.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 02, 2011, 10:46:36 pm »

<-- Computer Programming major who's been building computers since the age of 11. That amount of time is longer than the total lifetime of some of our forumgoers.
If you've REALLY been building computers for that long, why can't you answer semicomplex computer part related questions?

:P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 02, 2011, 10:56:08 pm »

Because I've never needed to assemble a laptop? I'm a desktop guy, through and through. Also, your question wasn't a question. It was more of an accusation, which is impossible to answer without my fanboyism showing through.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2011, 11:34:16 pm »

Because I've never needed to assemble a laptop? I'm a desktop guy, through and through. Also, your question wasn't a question. It was more of an accusation, which is impossible to answer without my fanboyism showing through.
Fanboyism is the very source of lying to please a company.

[/TRUTHFULJOKE]

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2011, 01:18:22 am »

http://translate.google.com/#en|is|sexy

Well, I figured out the roots, but fuck, man, that's such a weird word.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2011, 01:25:01 am »

Sudden desire to know a 'yo mommas to kynþokkafullur' joke.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 11042