Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 11042

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14584603 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2011, 07:39:55 pm »

My dad asked me who I voted for

What!?!

I don't vote... heck it is sort of pointless to vote in Canada right now because of the NDP's total failure to avoid a minority government.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2011, 08:25:19 pm »

I have a question. In what way does your failure to vote prevent that from happening?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2011, 08:34:09 pm »

One of the emails in my spam folder is titled "Dale Earnhardt Jr." It's an offer to save 70% on auto repairs ???.

Remind me to firebomb GameStop for selling my personal information.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2011, 08:39:24 pm »

Don't forget to firebomb GameStop for selling your personal information.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2011, 09:22:50 pm »

There's only one week left of the semester. Wow.

Anyway, I have to write a persuasive speech, but I don't know what to write it about. I'm a salesman, for crying out loud. I can get people to buy into anything.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2011, 09:24:51 pm »

I can get people to buy into anything.
Make me want to buy an HP product. :P
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2011, 09:27:17 pm »

Okay. What do you want to do with said electronic device? Have a kickin' sound system? Have it automatically divert vented air away from your lap so it doesn't burn you? Have it know when it's falling so that it actively protects the hard drive with an airbag?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2011, 09:28:09 pm »

Have it know when it's falling so that it actively protects the hard drive with an airbag?
This would most likely smash the side of the computer to pieces if it's anything like a real one :P
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2011, 09:30:44 pm »

Have it know when it's falling so that it actively protects the hard drive with an airbag?
This would most likely smash the side of the computer to pieces if it's anything like a real one :P
Think of it as more like a cushion on the inside of the chassis to keep the HDD from rattling around in case of a fall.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2011, 09:31:32 pm »

Think of it as more like a cushion on the inside of the chassis to keep the HDD from rattling around in case of a fall.
A flamable cushion, I assume :D

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2011, 09:33:11 pm »

If it were, the DoD would have (probably) figured that out in the 90k hours of testing they did when they were maliciously breaking our machines for us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2011, 09:43:47 pm »

...aw, dammit. I broke AoD AND I didn't get any good ideas on what to write for my speech.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2011, 09:46:11 pm »

If it were, the DoD would have (probably) figured that out in the 90k hours of testing they did when they were maliciously breaking our machines for us.
So, what did you do about it?

Did you make them... ASBESTOS!?

HP loves asbestos!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2011, 09:53:50 pm »

So, what did you do about it?

Did you make them... ASBESTOS!?

HP loves asbestos!

HP Lovecraft, maybe. No, they're not asbestos. They're fairly thin plastic that feels like the outside edge of a hockey puck. Also, I didn't make them anything. I'm retail sales, not manufacturing. :P

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2011, 09:57:25 pm »

Aha! Thin plastic!

Plastic is flamable and since it's thin, it would trigger at the slightest touch, damaging vital pc parts!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 11042