Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Naturelabor- a succession game.  (Read 13376 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Naturelabor- a succession game.
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2010, 04:42:34 pm »

SAVE
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 05:08:37 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

TerrisH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2010, 05:27:51 pm »

umm, you got a dwarf traped on one of the gargoyles.

there is still a traped dwarf corpse on 134

andthe magma sea is not sealed off yet.  something suspended the construction of one of the floor tiles.   

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2010, 05:40:59 pm »

umm, you got a dwarf traped on one of the gargoyles.

I know, I was waiting till either

A) I figured out a way to save it without ruining the overall design.

or

B) He wanders and gets atom-smashed.

TerrisH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2010, 05:52:20 pm »

saving him is simple.  remove the wall, and rebuild it afterwords.    the statue is supported by the wall tile below, so it won't collapse.   just rember to use the wall trick to prevent another dwarf from getting traped.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2010, 06:03:18 pm »

saving him is simple.  remove the wall, and rebuild it afterwords.    the statue is supported by the wall tile below, so it won't collapse.   just rember to use the wall trick to prevent another dwarf from getting traped.

The problem is that they would build the wall on the wrong side. If they didn't, he wouldn't be trapped.

TerrisH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2010, 06:50:29 pm »

?  place a wall where he is standing and suspend it's construction.   then they won't stand there when they build it.     thats the wall trick.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 21, 2010, 07:34:04 pm »

?  place a wall where he is standing and suspend it's construction.   then they won't stand there when they build it.     thats the wall trick.

Ah. I'll try to remember that. Anyways, it's not my turn anymore, it's mrbobbyg's turn. He can deal with it.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 22, 2010, 02:51:40 pm »

WOW!

Pretty rad!

I'll start this tonight!
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 22, 2010, 06:59:08 pm »

I can't even remember what happened, it was so long ago...

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 22, 2010, 07:31:54 pm »

Are we in .12 or .16?  Or does that even matter?

!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 22, 2010, 07:36:55 pm »

I did 31.16.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 22, 2010, 08:20:57 pm »

We've come a long way.

The fortress looks excellent, and I'm really impressed with the flapping wings on the gargoyles.

It seems that my brewmistress is gone.  So, I am now the brewmaster. 

Also, someone stole my rooms.  This will be rectified.  Will I punish the thief?  Yes, in a sense...I will punish them by carving myself out even finer quarters.

*Turtle tooth mandate?*  Do turtles even have teeth?  Hmm...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 08:34:20 pm by mrbobbyg »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 22, 2010, 08:44:14 pm »

If you need something to do, fix the wings on the gargoyles. Two of them are retracting bridges, not rising ones. It annoys me.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 22, 2010, 08:51:44 pm »

My first goal is to get our military in order.  The second is to follow your lead and raise the grandeur of Naturelabor to soaring heights!

Also, I am going to do something nice for the elves.  Because I'm in charge.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 24, 2010, 02:05:43 pm »

*Squirtlurched, the Balanced Songs*

Engraved on the floor before you is a masterfully designed image of a pretty stupid claystone mug with a creepy name.  The mug is made of masterfully worked claystone, and encircled with masterfully worked bands of star ruby and giant bat leather.  On the mug is a masterfully designed image of a dwarf and a goblin.  The dwarf is striking a menacing pose.  The goblin is cowering.  This relates to one of the many gruesome kills of Sarvesh Ibuk, the Tours of Ash.

*Sharpsharp, the Spike of Impaling*

Engraved on the floor before you is a masterfully designed image of Sharpsharp, the spike of impaling, a cat, and the dwarves.  Sharpsharp is repeatedly stabbing the cat and striking a menacing pose.  The cat is cowering and vomiting.  The dwarves are cheering.  This engraving relates to the death of the annoying cat Lorem Athellimul by impaling during the amazing impaling of cats in Naturelabor in the Spring of 1056.

*GorePools, the Crushed Vise*

Engraved on the wall before you is a masterfully designed image of pools of gore, rivers of blood, and piles of the broken bodies of the enemies of Naturelabor.  The gore is oozing.  The blood is soaking the earth.  The bodies are covered with masterfully designed acorn flies.  This engraving relates to the utter and complete slaughter of the second siege of Naturelabor, undertaken by the goblin civilization The Slim Vice, by the warriors of The Pointy Gems and The Bulbous Salves on the plains of Naturelabor in the Summer of 1056.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*Comradearms, the Fight of Civilians*

Engraved on the wall before you is a masterfully designed image of Comrade, the former mayor and legendary weaponsmith of Naturelabor, Comrade's war zoo, and a goblin siege.  Comerade is striking a menacing pose.  Comrade's war zoo is rampaging through the ranks of the goblin mounts.  The goblins are cowering.  This engraving relates to the amazing survival of Comrade and his war zoo, and the many kills they achieved, during the second siege of Naturelabor in the Summer of 1056.

*PointyStand, the Wall of Guarding*

Engraved on the floor before you is a masterfully designed image of the Ettin Natti Steelbeloved, the Silky Persuasions, and many dwarves.  The dwarves are issuing a challenge.  Natti Steelbeloved is cowering.  This engraving relates to the stand of the Pointy Gems against the Ettin Natti Steelbeloved in the Summer of Naturelabor in 1056, during the slaying of the Ettin Natti Steelbeloved by the warrior Sarvresh Ibuk, the Tours of Ash, with a masterfully worked steel short sword.

*Elftree, the Love of Naturelabor*

Engraved on the wall before you is a well designed image of an elf peace tree.  The tree extends thirty three squares high, and twenty nine squares wide.  It is comprised of iron bars, silver bars, and gold bars.  It drips with pools of goblin blood.  It drips with pools of ettin blood.  It menaces with the bones of skeletal elephants.  This engraving relates to the elf peace tree of Naturelabor.

*Sarvresh Ibuk, the Falls of Death”

Engraved on the column before you is a masterfully designed image of the legendary dwarf champion, Sarvresh Ibuk, the Tours of Ash, and Armok, the God of Blood.  Sarvresh Ibuk is kneeling and striking a reverent pose and is raising a masterfully worked steel short sword to the sky.  This engraving relates to the awesome sacrifice of the blood of a host of enemies to Armok the God of Blood by the legendary dwarven warrior, Sarvresh Ibuk.

*Moistclean, the Shower of Dwarves*

Engraved on the column before you is s superiorly designed image of Moistclean, the dwarven shower, dwarves, war jaguars, war gorillas, war cheetahs, and a kitten.  The dwarves are showering, the war jaguars are showering, the war gorillas are showering, the war cheetahs are showering, the kitten is being stupid and annoying and should be in a cage.  This engraving relates to the awesome dwarven shower in the main hall of Naturelabor. 

*Armsnap, the Boulder of Hurling*

Before you is a well designed image of the catapult Armsnap, the Boulder of Hurling, the dwarves, and a skeletal elephant.  The catapult is firing, the dwarves are mostly doing busy work but cheering, the skeletal elephant is cowering.  This engraving relates to the legendary siege operator Kosoth Alilimush finally getting a kill after launching literally hundreds of boulders at the skeletal elephants of the jungles of Naturelabor.

*Workmirror, The Corpulent Iron”

Engraved on the wall before you is a masterfully designed image of MrBobbyg, the Baron of Naturelabor,  Star Sapphire, Magma Crabs, and Toads.  MrBobbyg is surrounded by the dwarves.  MrBobbyg is admiring the star sapphire.  MrBobbyg is devouring the magma crab.  The magma crab is cowering and on fire.  The toad is striking a menacing pose.  This engraving relates to the awesome ascension of MrBobbyg to Baron of Naturelabor in the Winter of 1056.

*Strangegod, the Weird God of Naturelabor*

Engraved on the floor before you is an exceptionally designed image of the God Dakas, the Star of Clams, rain, rainbows, and the sky.  Dakas is in the form of a large roach.  The rainbows are seriously elfy.  This engraving relates to the odd religious preferences of MrBobbyg, former Brewmaster and Baron of Naturelabor.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 05:27:44 pm by mrbobbyg »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15