Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Naturelabor- a succession game.  (Read 13070 times)

Fluffkind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Naturelabor- a succession game.
« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2010, 10:01:54 am »

Actually I'm working on a temple to Armok were you will be able to sacrifice people/blood into the lava and conduct funerals. But maybe an arena would be a better choice for live sacrifice. Is the arena finished?

1st Hematite: The Beast that had so far kept out of our way crept up on land and killed some dwarfs. The Guilds plug almost a full quiver into him before he snuffs it. Also there are elves at the depot. Sacrifice to Armok? Hell yes!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:29:22 am by Fluffkind »

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2010, 10:14:16 am »

It's pretty close.  Dug out, mostly smoothed, and I think the floodgates and levers are in place.  Far be it from me to deny the blood god his blood however.
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

Fluffkind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2010, 10:30:16 am »

Wonderful!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Edit: i just checked out your arena. It looks really cool, but it might interest you too know that some of the caged animals are tame. I think I will try it out with a fight between some elves and goblins.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:34:08 am by Fluffkind »

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 02, 2010, 10:37:51 am »

I just threw a bunch of cages down there because we had so many.  I *think* there's a skelephant there, and I figured he would, err, "sort out," the animals.
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Fluffkind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 03, 2010, 04:24:11 am »

2nd-4th Hematite: 2 cats 2 dwarf recruits and a dog die. Bleed to death, one after the other. The cause of this is unknown until i realize that both of the recruits were members of the constructive guilds, who fought the final forgotten beast. It caused fever through some sort of dust it breathed. But should fever really give the message "Bled to death"? Or is there a murderer at large in the fort?

Edit: We seem to have a terrible disease loose in the fort. Those infected start bleeding heavily and eventually die, but I don't know how it spreads. For now I simply quarantine all those infected, although the infected animals are a bit of a headache.

Edit2: I think the disease spreads because everyone wants to pick up stuff from the corpses that the last forgotten beast killed. This takes them through pools of poisonous extract. Since I forbade everything in the area and sealed it off we have had no further dwarfs falling sick. A whole lot of animals are currently sick, however, and the disease has cost many lives, including a gem. Three goblin thieves were sacrificed to Armok.

Edit3: It is now the 12th of malachite and the disease seems to have been defeated. To do this I poured huge amounts of water into the fort, and everywhere else I could reach. It is now very muddy everywhere you look, but at least nobody is suffering from Bleeding Fever anymore. The repercussions are still being felt though, mostly in the form of post-trauma unhappiness. We've only had a single tantrum, and nobody got hurt. The Tantrum thrower is now in jail causing this little annoyance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Anyone got a solution?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 10:31:33 am by Fluffkind »

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 03, 2010, 10:02:13 am »

Ach!  A GEM!

We should build a fitting memorial.

Fluffkind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 03, 2010, 10:35:37 am »

Indeed. As soon as the temple is complete, he shall be buried in the lava along with a pair of live goblins and a barrel of blood. His memorial shall then be inside the Gargoyle monument.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 03, 2010, 05:26:10 pm »

Accident?

Fluffkind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2010, 09:20:35 am »

3rd Limestone: Numerous underground undead incursions including 40 crundles, a jabberer and a troll, have led to that the Bulbous salves are now on underground duty. They have been given a new barracks and will probably be 100% cave adapted very soon. In other news the fortress has reached a certain stability. Also, a metalsmith got 100 days in prison for failing a mandate of 1 copper item.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2010, 10:44:48 pm »

Did the mayor order himself beaten?

Fluffkind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2010, 03:32:17 am »

Nah, just some random metalsmith.

Edit: Winter has arrived with nothing exciting happening. I don't think I will manage to finish the temple, but the arena has been built, linked and bloodied.

28th Moonstone: A stonecrafter is taken by a fey mood. He goes from the top level of the fort to the forge level(takes 2 days), and claims the craftdwarfs by the metal stockpile.

3rd Opal: The forgotten beast Gomok Oburavuz has come! A gigantic humanoid composed of alexandrite. It has three long, curving horns and it undulates rhythmically. Beware its deadly dust!

I evacuate the whole cave but I have to kill it, because thats where the temple is.

24th Opal: The stonecrafter finishes his secret project and presents to the world Tathuravan Bisekvesh, a garnierite amulet. net worth=121200. In other news the beast that invaded from below has been smitten, but he took a brave salve with him to Armok. I intensify operation "Secure deep cavern".

Edit: And so my year as overlord of Naturelabor comes to an end. Here's the fort: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3537
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:33:22 am by Fluffkind »

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 11, 2010, 11:54:46 am »

Who's Next?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2010, 09:24:00 pm »

It appears that it is TerrisH's turn.

TerrisH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 13, 2010, 01:26:27 am »

?  it is?  hmm, right'o.   I'll get right on it.   

might be slow for the next few days due to work  (so busy around Christmas), but I'm off Thursday, so I'll try to finish up then or Friday.

EDIT:  managed to take a look at the save..    this might take a bit longer then I expect.       cause I got to plan things out further before I even start. 

Plans for the Turn:
 smooth line our cavern access with a vertical shaft from the main fortress.  build walls around it.
Build a defensive fort on each cavern level to serve as a defensive position in case of emergencies.
if possible, finish sealing the lower cavern off.
  get the glowing blue stuff.
Clean surface area.   to many corpse and stuff scattered about.   don't want to offend our elfin friends.
 welcome our elfin friends and show them the glory of nature labor.   
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 05:31:02 am by TerrisH »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 17, 2010, 01:43:56 pm »

How's the fort going?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15