Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Naturelabor- a succession game.  (Read 13072 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Naturelabor- a succession game.
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2010, 05:19:38 pm »

*GorePools, the Crushed Vise*

Engraved on the wall before you is a masterfully designed image of pools of gore, rivers of blood, and piles of the broken bodies of the enemies of Naturelabor.  The gore is oozing.  The blood is soaking the earth.  The bodies are covered with masterfully designed acorn flies.  This engraving relates to the utter and complete slaughter of the first siege of Naturelabor, undertaken by the goblin civilization The Slim Vice, by the warriors of The Pointy Gems and The Bulbous Salves on the plains of Naturelabor in the Summer of 1056.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry to say this, but there was a siege during my turn. I didn't talk about it since I was focused on my tower. (Also the reason why some of the dwarfs didn't have rooms.

Also, really hilarious and good so far. (You spelt blood wrong though.)

Armok, the God of Bloob.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 25, 2010, 10:42:15 am »

The rest of the year was pretty uneventful.

My baronial suite is being finished.  I have been excavating around the blue stuff.  I burned through a LOT of booze, a net negative of about 500 urists.  We  still have around 1k drinks, so we're cool, but it's something to be mindful about.

Someone plowed over my whip vine fields, which seems odd, because sunshine, whip flour, and whip wine make the best food and booze available.

Here is the save.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3485
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 25, 2010, 11:25:18 am »

Must of been the communists...

Who's next?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 25, 2010, 11:30:20 am »

dhokarena56.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 25, 2010, 11:37:24 am »

I sent him a PM.
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

roflgar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lethargy
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 25, 2010, 10:34:04 pm »

dhkorena is out of town for thanksgiving. I'm not sure when he'll be back, but it'll probably be saturday or sunday.
NatureLabor:  largest concentration of elf-loving dwarves and a few dwarfs trying to beat that out of them.
-TerrisH

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 27, 2010, 10:55:51 am »

I'm back, but can't play 'till tomorrow.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2010, 08:59:21 am »

Edit:
Guys, I really don't have time for this. I will, certainly, watch and comment, but I cannot be counted on to take a turn. I'm sorry.  :'(
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 08:15:15 am by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Fluffkind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 30, 2010, 10:54:13 am »

Any chance of me getting a spot on this?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 30, 2010, 10:59:29 am »

Sure, take my turn.

I do think my idea of having expensive gold statues placed in certain high-traffic areas or meeting areas could do us some good.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 30, 2010, 04:02:52 pm »

The rest of the year was pretty uneventful.

My baronial suite is being finished.  I have been excavating around the blue stuff.  I burned through a LOT of booze, a net negative of about 500 urists.  We  still have around 1k drinks, so we're cool, but it's something to be mindful about.

Someone plowed over my whip vine fields, which seems odd, because sunshine, whip flour, and whip wine make the best food and booze available.

Here is the save.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3485

Go from here Fluffkind

Who goes next?

Fluffkind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2010, 04:17:41 am »

Copy that, I'll start right away.

1st Granite: Within 15 seconds of me unpausing the game, a lagre cavern is discovered.
z120
z119
z118
I designate a stairway down into the cave.

5th Granite: The Pointy Gems have finished exploring the cavern, finding no horrific inconquerable beasts of ancient times, only loads of trees and loads stone and loads of gems and loads of metal.

6th Granite: A bunch of Skeletal Bugbats appeared and were promptly smashed to pieces. Also "I Just Lost The Game".
7th-10th Slate: Migrants! A High Master Bowyer with some fighting skills, a Hunter, a High Master Cheese Maker who is also a talented cook, a useless peasant, a siege operator, a miner, a leatherworker, a cheese maker/fisherdwarf, two smiths(One has Novice Crutch-walking. Does this mean he can equip a crutch?), a siege engineer, a trapper, three surgeons, one with some fighting skills(medic?), an animal trainer, a clothier, a lye maker, and a planter.

12th Slate: I find a huge amount of seeds and spawns inside an elephant cage. The reason? The kennels had two "tame elephant" jobs on repeat.

18th Slate: Something very weird happens. A passageway, in which i have no designations or buildings, is suddenly opened and lets two forgotten beasts into the fort. Three dwarfs are killed by the salt dude, then he mysteriously disappears. And i mean it. He's gone. Like if he's left the map or something. The other beast seems scared of dwarfs, but I'm gonna wall him out anyway.

25th Slate: The second Forgotten Beast is killed by a member of the Constructive guilds(Marksdwarfs). One shot, I think. Only one beast remains now, and it seems rather shy. Unless Mr Salt decides to return, that is.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 08:54:26 am by Fluffkind »

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2010, 07:46:35 am »

Uh-oh.

As mighty as the gems are, I don't think they're ready for the end times.

Fluffkind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 02, 2010, 09:07:22 am »

20th Felsite: 3 ambushes and a snatcher. All destroyed. Preparations begin to sacrifice goblin prisoners.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 02, 2010, 09:39:31 am »

I began work on an arena if you want to do it there.  I think it was marked by the mystic rune F8.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15