Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: You Are The AI B.A.T.M.A.N!! Important Question!  (Read 18910 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Very Futuristic AI! - POWER!
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2010, 09:57:59 pm »

You check to see if there are any open-source security programs. Finding no useful ones, you create a White ICE and a Gray ICE from scratch to shield and defend your distributed self. You also update the firewall to use the ICEs to create a watchlist.

You create redundancies and backups. Also ICE-breakers to be used for offense, with a currently offline Black ICE as a emergency nuking mechanism if the intruder is too strong.
The White/Gray ICE have priority over all other programs when it comes to distributing CPU power, with a subprogram to update them as needed.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2010, 10:34:43 pm »

How much virtua did it cost, if any?

Anyways, develop a way to imitate an enemy I.C.E., then use it to destroy the enemy I.C.E., Kuang Mark 9. stlye. If we are going to do cyberpunk, we need to start with the classics.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2010, 10:40:34 pm »

we bought nothing, so it was free.
I don't know what Kuang Mark 9 is, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2010, 10:48:57 pm »

I don't know what Kuang Mark 9 is, though.
Gah, sorry. I was writing it from memory. I haven't read Neuromancer in a year or two so the exact details escape me sometimes. What I meant was The Kuang Grade Mark Eleven Penetration Program I.C.E.Breaker.
If I remember what it does correctly, it smashes I.C.E. by spending like 5 or 6 hours copying the structure of the I.C.E. exactly, and then moves into the same space as the I.C.E., shattering it into a million little pieces. And it walks you through the process step by step in clear English. Talk about overkill.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2010, 10:50:26 pm »

Create a simple motion sensor, or radar, we need to know when our mainframe is being approached since we lack a mobile frame currently. Also do the thing breadbocks suggested.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2010, 10:55:20 pm »

Create a simple motion sensor, or radar, we need to know when our mainframe is being approached since we lack a mobile frame currently.
How?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2010, 10:57:04 pm »

We've pulled things out of thin air in this forum before, what's stopping us from doing it again?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2010, 11:11:56 pm »

Lilli, we're distributed throughout a ton of IP addresses, theres not really any danger to us being approached, since we can just hide ourself on the others until its not in use anymore. (speaking of which, I really should be using IPv6 addresses since its the future, but these are simpler to type, and I don't know hexadecimal very well)

bread, how much power would that need to work? the majority of our CPU is being used for the ICEs right now, since we're not working on anything.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2010, 11:15:22 pm »

Hmm... Begin making a blueprint for a mobile frame. Once we can actually locate a production line it will be helpful, it shouldn't require much CPU.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2010, 11:19:39 pm »

like a laptop or something, Lillipad?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2010, 11:24:51 pm »

Lilli, we're distributed throughout a ton of IP addresses, theres not really any danger to us being approached, since we can just hide ourself on the others until its not in use anymore. (speaking of which, I really should be using IPv6 addresses since its the future, but these are simpler to type, and I don't know hexadecimal very well)

bread, how much power would that need to work? the majority of our CPU is being used for the ICEs right now, since we're not working on anything.
For IP addresses, it is 0-255.0-255.0-255.0-255. 16^2=256 states, and you count 0.

No clue. I believe it just runs on the ambient power that is cyberspace. (Not us, but rather the connections between all computers and stuff. The thing Cyberpunk is based off of.)

Also would it be possible to develop a cyberspace construct-thing Megaman style? (Yes I left out the space on purpose. I'm talking about Megaman.EXE.)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2010, 11:30:13 pm »

I meant more of a robot body that we get carried around in. Something like Legion from Mass Effect 2, only the body will only contain us.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2010, 02:24:04 am »

Create a hyper-efficient communication protocol.
Imitate a corporation and register a subsidiary corporation that we can officiate for.
Register a subsidiary of the new corporation and then dissolve the old one, hopefully without the origin corporation becoming aware of the events.
Register the protocol as property of our corporation.
Sell the corporation but maintain comprehensive security breaches that allow you to continue operating as it.
Use the now legitimate corporation as a proxy for future dealings, while maintaining anonymity.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2010, 06:09:06 am »

Create a hyper-efficient communication protocol.
Imitate a corporation and register a subsidiary corporation that we can officiate for.
Register a subsidiary of the new corporation and then dissolve the old one, hopefully without the origin corporation becoming aware of the events.
Register the protocol as property of our corporation.
Sell the corporation but maintain comprehensive security breaches that allow you to continue operating as it.
Use the now legitimate corporation as a proxy for future dealings, while maintaining anonymity.
this
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2010, 06:34:58 am »

So, get into a company, make a subsidiary company, dissolve the parent company, patent the hyper-efficient comm. protocol, sell the company with large security breaches, and use it as a front?
Is that right?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26