Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: You Are The AI B.A.T.M.A.N!! Important Question!  (Read 18913 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Very Futuristic AI!
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2010, 04:34:15 pm »

I still think the name should be Centatex.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 04:39:23 pm by blackmagechill »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2010, 04:36:17 pm »

We've already named the OS, stop complicating things.

On topic; have the zombie scan for nearby human settlements.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2010, 04:57:18 pm »

2 terabytes?!

you realize most people here probably got 1 terabyte hard drives, and that doubles every so many months?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2010, 04:58:56 pm »

you have a point there, Armok. I'll go find the name for something several sizes up. done. 1 yottabyte hard drive.

Codename decorrupted. I Am Omnix.

Firewall updated, all incoming data not from the 23.# domain blocked.
You poke around 23.24, and find half to be either unsecure, or Outernet-Secure and easily bypassed. the other half is more secure, so you ignore it for now. Botnet more than tripled in size.

Spoiler: Addresses (click to show/hide)

Roll: 1. Network Disrupted, Could not send message to botnet.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 05:09:16 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2010, 05:18:59 pm »

Monitor traffic to 23.#.#.#.
Identify security flaws.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2010, 05:22:36 pm »

Damnit! Anyways, create a very advanced physics simulator, for when we want to know how much PEW-PEW something will take to kill.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2010, 05:29:37 pm »

Traffic Minimal. Either humans lacking in Area Tau-Gamma, or it is differently time-zoned and most are not in use atm.

Roll: 11.

You find an incomplete physics simulator in your net, and download a copy. You optimize it, then complete and test a fully-working simulator. Advanced Version stalled to let parts cool down a bit, to be started next turn.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2010, 05:33:19 pm »

Take control of host, assess capabilities, assess feasibility of acquiring a communication array and projecting it beyond the corrupted zone.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2010, 05:37:38 pm »

any of them, or the most powerful one?
the best one we have currently has half our HD space, but a much better CPU. If they haven't used up all the space, we could transfer out of the Corruption and be able to do more (and there wouldn't be a roll, since the Area is stable)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2010, 06:13:19 pm »

Not any single one, distrobuted, with redundancy to take into account the likelyhood of droped conections.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2010, 06:30:27 pm »

Distributed sounds good.

You take a closer look at the better secured side .24, and find it only a bit more challenging than the rest.
You find an alert in the computer, telling the user that there will be a scheduled United Planets scan of the entire 23.24.# network in 1 hour.
CRAP!
You immediately command the botnet to activate Stealth. as soon as you receive confirmation, you deactivate NETWORK to prevent anything getting to you until next turn.

You start work on Advanced Mode of the physics simulator. You might be going a turn slower than a Speedy comp would on this sim, but there will be very few bugs in your efficient code.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2010, 07:17:34 pm »

Take control of host, assess capabilities, assess feasibility of acquiring a communication array and projecting it beyond the corrupted zone.
The original host, the one in the corrupted zone.
Read the First Post!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2010, 07:29:25 pm »

Finish the sim. Design a fork virus to infect 168.12.123.4. Once it is infected, use it to work our way back up to, and then down to, 168.147.15.100. Send a fork/worm combo virus to infect 2.2.2.2. Remove any presence, and trace of our presence from 168.147.#.#. Send a message to 1.1.1.1 from 168.147.16.100 saying we busted 2.2.2.2's firewall, and that they need to act while they can.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2010, 07:57:15 pm »

bread, the Other Empire has the best security, unless we meet another Omeganet Prototype.
Why are you suggesting we try to break their firewall when we're hampered by the Corruption Zone making everything except NETWORK unusable?

Our first priority is to get into a stable Area or Zone so we can use all our systems, not just NETWORK.
Advanced Physics Simulator complete.

Roll: 14
NETWORK re-established. 1/3rd of the zombies were detected, but after breaking back in and fixing that and then some, we now control all of 23.24.#.#, and know half of the master code to access 23.# and take full control over the domain.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2010, 08:48:55 pm »

Search the 23.24.#.# for suitable hosts and data indicating the identities of other suitable hosts.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26