Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94152 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 59: Khan is trapped
« Reply #690 on: December 18, 2010, 12:49:10 am »

Ow damn... The troll's cross is staggeringly powerful, and it doesn't look like my hit even fazed her! Still, it looks like I have the speed advantage on her, so I try to utilize it as much as possible by dodging to the side and aiming a kick at her ankles.

(Just playing like Malgun's too absorbed in the fight to notice Frelock.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 18, 2010, 01:47:42 am »

I find a troll who's willing to gamble and bet my old sword (with permanent demon-killing enhancement!) on Serious
All generalizations are false....including this one.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 18, 2010, 02:24:18 pm »

Dor'lek hands him the book. "You wouldn't happen to know of this language, would you? I've exhausted all sources at the town library and didn't know where else to turn."
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 18, 2010, 03:10:26 pm »

Take one of the torches of everburning if I can then, head down the unlit path.  Place small scorch marks as I go to give myself a path to follow back, and make sure I don't get lost.
The half-lit path seems way to obvious a choice, and since I have light, why the heck not go into the dark.
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 60: Right in the Solar Plexus
« Reply #694 on: December 19, 2010, 03:31:51 pm »

Sorry for the slowness of the update, I was getting another forum game set-up and my new schedule has me sleeping earlier than I'm used to.

Quote from: Ochita
Wait... A book being destroyed, Frelock... "DAMN IT!" I run to where I think Frelock is and start verbally assulting him.

[1]  Clearly Frelock would be at the local brothel, being a notorious womanizer and such.  You head to the brothel only you find it empty of everybody, not even the madam is there to help you select a girl, if that was what you wanted to do of course.  How awkward this situation is.

Quote from: Flintus10
Follow my current theory and continue to translate

[6]  Things are coming together faster now.  Yes, soon the secrets of this book will be unlocked.  Soon the secrets of the crystal will be yours!!!  (3 of 5, -3 = failure)

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Ow damn... The troll's cross is staggeringly powerful, and it doesn't look like my hit even fazed her! Still, it looks like I have the speed advantage on her, so I try to utilize it as much as possible by dodging to the side and aiming a kick at her ankles.
  (read the Troll Bounty Hunter's turn first for this to make the most sense)

[5] [2x2=4 damage]  Despite the gut-wrenching pain you're in from the Troll's blow, you manage to kick at one of her ankles, you think you here something snap, but you can't be sure with all the pain going on.  You back up away from the fight andhold your stomach, but quickly regain your composure.

You look at the Bounty Hunter, and while she definitely isn't putting too much weight on that foot, she is still standing.

Quote from: Frelock
I find a troll who's willing to gamble and bet my old sword (with permanent demon-killing enhancement!) on Serious

[1]  All the Trolls are too involved in the fight to want to gamble right now.  You sit back along the wall and take a long drink from your mug full of beer.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Dor'lek hands him the book. "You wouldn't happen to know of this language, would you? I've exhausted all sources at the town library and didn't know where else to turn."

[2]  You look around for the book but it appears you've left it with Flintus.  "Well this is embarrassing, I wanted to ask you about this ancient language we found.  You know much about that kind of stuff?" you ask.

"I've picked up a few some 'dat most don't even know about.  Mostly through wandering Norrec hunting down 'dose who serve 'da demons.  If you be bringin' me 'da book, I'll see if I can't share mah wisdom wit' you mon."

Quote from: kilakan
Take one of the torches of everburning if I can then, head down the unlit path.  Place small scorch marks as I go to give myself a path to follow back, and make sure I don't get lost.

[1]  You look at the torches of everburning and they are completely immovable, carved straight out of the wall and enchanted, skillfully if you might add.  [4]  You go down the darkened path, thankfully though it's just a straight path.  There is a wooden door leading into a room.  You have no idea what might be behind this door, it's completely silent on the other side though so it's probably safe to open the door and look around.

Enemy Turns

Troll Bounty Hunter:  [5] [5x2=10 damage]  As you attempt to step to the side to dodge the Trolls punch, her other hand seems to come from nowhere and punches you in the Solar Plexus.  You feel like you're going to be ill.

Enemy Status

Troll Bounty Hunter
Health:  24 of 30

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 03:40:09 pm by V-Norrec »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 19, 2010, 05:09:01 pm »

Oh crap, I assumed I had the book with me.  ::)
Timidly ask if he'd be willing to come with me to the bookstore to help, but Dor'lek makes sure he isn't too busy first.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 19, 2010, 06:15:46 pm »

Ready my staff and sword, then slowly push the door open with my foot, if anything attacks me attempt to disable but not kill it.
Nom nom nom

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 19, 2010, 06:20:21 pm »

Utilise random dungeon time.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 19, 2010, 09:21:02 pm »

Serious...

Sweep the leg. You heard me, sweep the leg.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 20, 2010, 01:30:03 am »

Root for Serious and inspire him with confidence!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 20, 2010, 12:05:14 pm »

I'm hurt, but so is she, from the looks of things. If I can get her down then the fight is already mostly over. I just have to knock her over... so I shoot forward into a sprint and throw a shoulder at her midsection, attempting to overbalance her and send her crashing through a table.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 20, 2010, 02:23:54 pm »

Keep working and hope that the trolls can shed some light aswell.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 61: A New Spell Appears!
« Reply #702 on: December 20, 2010, 09:14:46 pm »

Quote from: CoughDrop
Timidly ask if he'd be willing to come with me to the bookstore to help, but Dor'lek makes sure he isn't too busy first.

[4]  "Sure I can be doin' that."  When you arrive though it would seem Flintus has already decoded the book.  Sentinel takes the book and begins reading it over, double checking the translation.

"It be a bit rough, but your translation be right enough.  Not many books be written in 'dat tongue.  That language is Thorraffan.  It be found far, far north of here, where 'da elves still be livin'." says Sentinel spitting on the floor.  Trolls and Elves have been fighting ever since they found one another, so it's no surprise he doesn't like them.  "Ya say you be findin' it here though. . . strange."

Quote from: kilakan
Ready my staff and sword, then slowly push the door open with my foot, if anything attacks me attempt to disable but not kill it.

[5] You slowly push the door open.  Surprisingly appears to be no traps or anything hostile in the room.  Shining your light in, you can see that it's a staircase leading lower and lower with no end in sight.  Why would a temple be built over a cavern like this?

Quote from: Ochita
Utilise random dungeon time.

[4]  You decide to make use of your time as best you can, by trying to find the prostitutes.  Checking throughout the brothel, you don't find them.  Then just as you are about to leave a lady enters, you are in one of the "private chambers".  Guessing purely by the state of her clothing, you would say this is one of the girls who "works" here and not the madam.

Quote from: Frelock
Root for Serious and inspire him with confidence!

[6]  "With all the trolls busy, nobody will notice a little magic."  you say to yourself, whipping up a quick spell to give confidence to Malgun.  It works and you can see he's ready to finish this fight now.

Spell book:  Tier 1, Healing:  Inspire,  +1 to next attack roll, if successful, +2 to next damage roll.  Costs 2 Mana.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I'm hurt, but so is she, from the looks of things. If I can get her down then the fight is already mostly over. I just have to knock her over... so I shoot forward into a sprint and throw a shoulder at her midsection, attempting to overbalance her and send her crashing through a table.

[3+1=4] [4+2=6]  You run forward towards the Troll and plant your shoulder into her stomach, throwing her up into the air and knocking over a table on her way down.  She looks a bit dazed, but is back on her feet sooner than you would have liked.

Quote from: Flintus
Keep working and hope that the trolls can shed some light as well.

[6]  Finally, you've successfully decoded the book, even before Dor'lek and Sentinel arrive.  You show them the book and explain how you decoded it. "(5 of 5, SUCCESS)

Looking over at the full notes you realize the crystal you are holding is the soul prison of a demon lord, and that by enchanting it, you can produce a variety of long lasting, powerful effects as the crystal amplifies any enchantment cast upon it.  It is also linked to the Ancient Portal.  The book details 6 crystals and a fallen deity that originally opened the Ancient Portal.  It would seem you have found the first in the set.

Enemy Turns

Troll Bounty Hunter:  [3]  The Troll strikes a defensive pose, readying herself for your next attack.

Enemy Status

Troll Bounty Hunter
Health:  18 of 30

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

I fixed a couple errors I made when I was doing the Status Updates, health levels and mana levels are now correct again.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 20, 2010, 09:31:32 pm »

"Why would Elven magic be summoning hordes of undead? "Read the translation.

"Any idea who would imbue such an enchantment on an elven tome?"
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 10:03:31 pm by CoughDrop »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 20, 2010, 09:52:37 pm »

"Uhhh... Hello. I was looking for someone here but he isnt here. Why is no one here? I mean, the madam. She should be here right?"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 116