Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94151 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 57: Demonic Enchanted books are expensive.
« Reply #675 on: December 14, 2010, 10:59:51 pm »

It was clearly Evil.  I am basically a stupid good paladin.  Smiting Evil is what I do.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 15, 2010, 02:05:53 am »

Dor'lek goes in search for the most probable people to know anything about the language...
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 15, 2010, 03:21:49 am »

I size up the female Troll. Damn, she's big... Hmmm.... what do I do now? "I would take you down here and now, but I want a neutral audience. I don't trust you Trolls to let this be a fair fight. The market district, one hour." I turn to leave, praying to Sarissa I don't get a knife in the back as I do so.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 15, 2010, 06:52:10 pm »

Give up on the book for now and see if one of the enchanters can help figure out exactly what this crystal can do now the undead enchantment has been removed.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 58: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
« Reply #679 on: December 16, 2010, 01:22:21 pm »

Quote from: kilakan
Follow the grinding sound, and if a passage has opened, follow it.

[5] You head towards the noise.  A passage seems to have opened.  As it goes deeper, it both gets darker and splits into two paths.  One path is half-lit the other is pitch-black, what do you do?

Quote from: Frelock
Explain to the librarian that the book was possessed by an evil demon with malicious intentions.  Also curtly remind her that I helped save the town both from goblins and a zombie apocalypse.  Finally, promise as a token of goodwill that I will send any other non-dangerous books I find on my journeys back here.

[2 vs 4]  The librarian sighs, "The entire point of the Demonicon is that demons have more information on each other than we could hope to gather.  Of course it lies sometimes, you just have to catch it in it's lie and force it to tell you the truth."  [4]  "You did save the town so I'll pretend I found the book fifteen minutes from now, just don't come back here."

Quote from: Ochita
Go to the town library for some info!

[6]  You strut to the Town Library in style.  You see Frelock getting chewed out by a librarian. . . something tells you that you shouldn't mention you know him.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Dor'lek goes in search for the most probable people to know anything about the language...

[1]  The town has no linguists capable of deciphering ancient languages. .  if only you knew somebody who had been around for centuries who might be able to help you.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I size up the female Troll. Damn, she's big... Hmmm.... what do I do now? "I would take you down here and now, but I want a neutral audience. I don't trust you Trolls to let this be a fair fight. The market district, one hour." I turn to leave, praying to Sarissa I don't get a knife in the back as I do so.

[5 vs 6 (close)]  "You be 'da one challengin' me.  Now ya be backin' out.  If you be leavin' you won't be gettin' 'da chance to fight me like you be wantin'."  She said, some of the Trolls laughing at your apparent cowardice.

((If it makes you feel better, you basically can't die in this fight.  She's not trying to kill you, just knock you out.  Also, I don't want to ruin TOO much, but it's not necessary to kill her either if you perform well enough))

Quote from: Flintus10
Give up on the book for now and see if one of the enchanters can help figure out exactly what this crystal can do now the undead enchantment has been removed.

[1]  You have failed to realize that all of the enchanters are busy right now.  :(

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 16, 2010, 02:07:36 pm »

(Ah, OK. Well, let's see what he can do, then. Just so you know, I'm starting off light but if Malgun can keep from being KO'ed too quickly I'll be going for as much environmental destruction as possible. ^_^)

Not getting out of it that easily, huh...? I think as I turn back to the Troll hunter. "If you think you have to have all this back-up to take me on, so be it. We'll fight here and now." The Troll is raising her fists rather than a weapon. Huh? If she's not using a weapon, then I guess it wouldn't be very sporting to just whip out the rifle and shoot her. Especially in front of a bar full of witnesses.

Maybe I can beat her into submission and make her leave town? Yeah... maybe if I had another hundred pounds of muscle. Regardless, I raise my fists myself and watch the Troll for a moment, then feint a left jab and follow it with a right uppercut towards the stomach.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 02:12:32 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 16, 2010, 03:54:30 pm »

Activate my ring of light and head down the passage that looks the most promising/recently used.
Nom nom nom

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 16, 2010, 04:03:12 pm »

I ask the librarian if there are any books that can help with demons.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 16, 2010, 05:54:24 pm »

Go seek out the eternal Troll in hopes he would know something about this old language...

As for a feat, I was thinking something along the lines of a 25% dodge increase whenever I'm not currently dishing out any attack of my own. Attacking would also include harmful spells and DoT's; however, healing and buffing spells have no effect on the dodge increase.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 16, 2010, 06:18:23 pm »

Nod and leave the library.  Find a random companion (excepting Ochita) and help them
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 01:10:58 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 16, 2010, 06:40:06 pm »

You keep on getting the name wrong. Why?!? Also, I can tell when you lie.... I would make a great policeman :P
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 16, 2010, 09:28:02 pm »

Smack my head repeatedly on a table while trying to come up with a way to translate the book.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:58:08 pm by Flintus10 »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 59: Khan is trapped
« Reply #687 on: December 17, 2010, 03:16:07 pm »

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Not getting out of it that easily, huh...? I think as I turn back to the Troll hunter. "If you think you have to have all this back-up to take me on, so be it. We'll fight here and now." The Troll is raising her fists rather than a weapon. Huh? If she's not using a weapon, then I guess it wouldn't be very sporting to just whip out the rifle and shoot her. Especially in front of a bar full of witnesses.

Maybe I can beat her into submission and make her leave town? Yeah... maybe if I had another hundred pounds of muscle. Regardless, I raise my fists myself and watch the Troll for a moment, then feint a left jab and follow it with a right uppercut towards the stomach.

[5] [1x2=2 damage]  You feint a left jab, and then, the Troll get hit hard in the gut with your right fist.  Unfortunately it feels like the Troll is made of Steel and she doesn't even look that damaged.  This isn't going to be an easy fight.

Quote from: kilakan
Activate my ring of light and head down the passage that looks the most promising/recently used.

[6]  You activate your ring of light and look around.  The half lit passageway at first looks promising, but the level of dust on the stone floor in both directions is the same with no noticeable disturbances. . . if you had to venture a guess the half-lit path uses torches of ever-burning and is always half-lit.  You sigh and try to think of another way to decide which path to go down when you hear the passageway behind you closing.  Looks like you won't be going out the same way you came in.

Quote from: Ochita
I ask the librarian if there are any books that can help with demons.

[6]  You ask the librarian about their selection of books regarding demons, the librarian sighs and says "I'm sorry but I'm dreadfully busy in that section right now, somebody decided to destroy a book you see."  With that they shuffle off and leave you standing there.

((With the Demonicon destroyed there really is no more information to glean from this place))

Quote from: CoughDrop
Go seek out the eternal Troll in hopes he would know something about this old language...

[4]  You head back to the inn into. . . Sentinel's room now you guess.  He is sitting on the bed, with a newer cloak draped around his body and wearing more modern clothing, it appears as though he's getting younger too, which is odd but you don't really feel like questioning the magic behind whatever he's doing right now as he's had centuries to perfect it and it is probably very technically complicated.

You cough a bit to announce your presence and Sentinel opens his eyes and looks at you.  "Ahhhh, Dor'lek, whatcha be needin'?  I been workin' on regainin' some of 'da strength Kazzamier stole when he entered 'dis world.  As ya might have noticed, it be goin' pretty well."

Quote from: Frelock
Nod and leave the library.  Find a random companion (excepting Ochita) and help them.

[3] [1 (Roll to see who to assist, represents first post, a.k.a. Serious)] You don't know why, but you feel like drinking heavily and for a long period of time.  You head over to a local Troll bar, you've always gotten along pretty well with Trolls, as they support the Zealots and you've always been affiliated with them.  As you enter you see Malgun fighting with some female Troll.  You walk up to the bar and order a beer.  As long as it's a fair fight, it's probably best not to interfere right now anyhow.

Quote from: Flintus10
Smack my head repeatedly on a table while trying to come up with a way to translate the book.

[5]  You smack your head on a table while trying to come up with a translation for the book, suddenly inspiration hits you (at the same moment as the table) and you start writing down your new theory for how to translate the book.  [1 out of 5, -3 = failure]

Enemy Turns

Troll Bounty Hunter:  [3]  [6/2=3 damage]  While you land your punch against the Troll's midsection, she aims a devastating cross for your face.  Luckily you see it coming and move to minimize the damage.  Your jaw still hurts but you avoided the worst of the punishment.

Enemy Status

Troll Bounty Hunter
Health:  28 of 30

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor'lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 17, 2010, 03:18:47 pm »

Wait... A book being destroyed, Frelock... "DAMN IT!" I run to where I think Frelock is and start verbally assulting him.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 17, 2010, 11:36:12 pm »

Follow my current theory and continue to translate
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 116