Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 74

Author Topic: What would you do if...  (Read 45572 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: What would you do if...
« Reply #645 on: November 21, 2010, 06:46:03 pm »

Have an excuse to finally tailor a wardrobe that I'm not regularly infuriated with.

What would you do if you found an old pipe in your basement leaking magic? (The evil fae kind, the Excalibur and Merlin kind, the curse and blessing kind, the elemental kind, the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark kind, the transcendent/fate-control kind, the raw chaos kind, and so on and so forth...)
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 21, 2010, 06:53:22 pm »

Study it, attempting to learn first which sort of magic it was, and then how to use it. After I had mastered it's use? Dragons.

WWYDI you discovered that all myths are true, and that every mythical creature ever imagined could be summoned with the right phrase?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 21, 2010, 07:18:51 pm »

Suddenly, dwarves. Hundreds of them.

What would you do if you suddenly lost all the knowledge you gained from using the internet?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 21, 2010, 07:50:50 pm »

Go on the internet and begin as a noob once more.

WWYDI Xykon showed up at your house and took it over as a base of operations?
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

grey9

• Bay Watcher
  • maker of red 2's
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 21, 2010, 07:59:42 pm »

i would never read lord of the stick again and seeing as i havmt read it since the seige arc i have no clue what is happening.

what would you do if you were rod serling
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 08:06:39 pm by grey9 »
i cant make a labyrinth i dont understand pressure plates

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #650 on: November 21, 2010, 09:12:04 pm »

Go on the internet and begin as a noob once more.

WWYDI Xykon showed up at your house and took it over as a base of operations?
Tell them that there might be an invisible spy in my house.
WWYDI millions clones of myself and you formed mixed armies and had an all out war?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 21, 2010, 11:58:43 pm »

My clones would start personalising themselves and wearing disguises while withdrawing from major battles and staging mostly ambushes and brief raids. We would then mount a major offensive against one of your weaker armies and horribly mutilate our victims to provoke a major offensive. We would then draw your clones towards the civilised world and dissipate into society. While your clones are busy waging war on the rest of civilisation we will work our way into positions of power and conquer it from the inside by the strength of our unified purpose...

What would you do if you swapped bodies with an olympic gymnast?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #652 on: November 23, 2010, 01:05:43 am »

Freak out about how i suddenly am filled with those loathesome steroids.
WWYDI you could rule the world at my side?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 23, 2010, 02:45:15 am »

Poison in the wine, leaks in the brake fluid, pianos from rooftops, and, if necessary, a good old fashioned knife to the back.

What would you do if you knew that you were going to live for exactly 500 years?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #654 on: November 23, 2010, 11:01:25 am »

Poison in the wine, leaks in the brake fluid, pianos from rooftops, and, if necessary, a good old fashioned knife to the back.

What would you do if you knew that you were going to live for exactly 500 years?
I am non-alcoholic, i don't drive a car. I never go outside. The knife is the closest that will ever come to working

Try to use math to double my time.
WWYDI you could make portals from windows, doors etc?

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 23, 2010, 11:26:06 am »

Wonder if I could make them in clocks. If so become a master sculptor of Nothing.

WWYDI (this is based on a REALLY weird dream I had last night) you were Meta Knight, and were a member of the jury in a court where Dedede was the prosecutor, Numbuh One (of "Codename: Kids Next Door" fame) as the judge, and Arthur dent as the defendant?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:40:08 am by dwarfguy2 »
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 23, 2010, 02:55:11 pm »

I would shift into a normal knight in shining armour, then shift a few more times in the next second till I couldn't even remember my form. Then, I would insure that the entire reason the court was convened becomes moot; possibly with wanton destruction, but that's the easy option.

What would you do if you found an old pipe in your basement leaking magic? (The evil fae kind, the Excalibur and Merlin kind, the curse and blessing kind, the elemental kind, the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark kind, the transcendent/fate-control kind, the raw chaos kind, and so on and so forth...)
Study it, attempting to learn first which sort of magic it was, and then how to use it. After I had mastered it's use? Dragons.
Sort? It's magic; all of it, all at once, distilled into it's essence and physical form. Thus simultaneously extremely deadly to work with and ridiculously rewarding if you succeed.

What would you do if the above pipe happened to be leaking on your bed while you were at work?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 23, 2010, 02:57:21 pm »

Harness it power and bring Dwarf Fortress into RL for the lulz.

WWYDI you were confronted by a naked mole rat?
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 23, 2010, 03:35:49 pm »

Give it nachos.

WWYDI you where somehow elected as pope?
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 23, 2010, 03:44:51 pm »

Replace Christianity with a dark, evil sect. Spread evil throughout the world. ???. Profit.

WWYDI you boarded the Halberd?
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 74