Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Flirting  (Read 14597 times)

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flirting
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2010, 05:43:08 pm »

If push comes to shove, just take your dick out. It works like i think 20% of the time...

I would have to agree with G-Flex.
The reason people here are disagreeing so much when it comes to practices like texting should be fairly obvious: It depends on the people involved (and what they're comfortable with), contextual social norms, and a variety of other factors that can't really be generalized.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2010, 07:51:30 pm »

What do your friends think? I can always tell who my friends like and who likes them, but I can never tell if someone likes me. My friends say they find it obvious who likes me, but they don't hold the same opinion as to whether or not someone likes them.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2010, 08:31:35 am »

What do your friends think? I can always tell who my friends like and who likes them, but I can never tell if someone likes me. My friends say they find it obvious who likes me, but they don't hold the same opinion as to whether or not someone likes them.

I think most people are like this. I can give great relationship advice and know if someone is into someone else because I'm a third party, but when it comes to actually taking my own advice or being in that situation, I can't figure out a damn thing.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2010, 09:07:30 am »

Just call her and ask her out.

That's better than my strategy:
Become their best friend and let them keep you on the hook, until their realationship/difficult phase ends.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2010, 02:51:01 pm »

Do this. Obsessing over it will only make it harder. Girls aren't scary, she's not going to attack you. Just ask her.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2010, 02:57:03 pm »

[...]Girls aren't scary[...]

Well, from your point of view, they ceartainly aren't.
Sadly, for many guys they are.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2010, 03:14:12 pm »

But...why? That's the thing I don't get. I've yet to see a girl claw a guys face open if he asks her out. What is there to be afraid of?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2010, 03:24:32 pm »

I've yet to see a girl claw a guys face open if he asks her out. What is there to be afraid of?

I've laughed at a few before saying no =/  Public rejection and humiliation, perhaps?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2010, 03:29:39 pm »

hide a spoon in her possessions, then retreive it with a magnet at a later date. If the spoon is bent she is attracted too you.....

on a more serious note whether or not some one is flirting / or attracted to someone is hard to tell unless you have a grip on their personality. What some people view as flirting is normal to others. Also she may be flirting but just playing games.

If you can pick up the courage to just ask, try to find away to spend constructive time with her doing something normal. What i mean is, if you ahve to work on something with her e.g. a school project (are you at school or older? doesnt really matter this is just an example). It means you'l have to spend time together talking - if theres mutual attaction this leads things in an obvious direction. The difficulty is arranging a situation were you have to spend time together.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2010, 03:34:24 pm »

I've yet to see a girl claw a guys face open if he asks her out. What is there to be afraid of?

I've laughed at a few before saying no =/  Public rejection and humiliation, perhaps?

...really? Ouch. Poor dudes, I can see that being pretty damn humiliating. Damnit, Vector, you're ruining my point xD

Well, I guess try and figure out if the girl is more like Vector or more like me, heh. If its Vector, be aware the risks are somewhat higher. Otherwise, the stakes aren't really so terribly high. The worst that can happen is you don't end up with her--which is what you'll get if you never ask her at all.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2010, 04:01:48 pm »

But...why? That's the thing I don't get. I've yet to see a girl claw a guys face open if he asks her out. What is there to be afraid of?

Of course I can't speak for everyone, but that fear/trauma can result from neagtive experiences with people in general and girls in particular.
It doesn't have to be rational.

It's often something more personal.
Like a confirmation of your low feeling of self-worth and the feeling of failure in being a decent person.
Variations may appear.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2010, 04:02:59 pm »

You know the feeling when you fail a class? Well, getting rejected is kinda like failing semester. Of course, that's still better than never enrolling and ending up flipping burgers till you die.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2010, 04:06:34 pm »

You know the feeling when you fail a class? Well, getting rejected is kinda like failing semester. Of course, that's still better than never enrolling and ending up flipping burgers till you die.

I know the feeling.
But it actually made me happy.

Finally I had the chance to get rid of all the people, who made my every school day a living hell.
The people there were the reason, why I failed in the first place.
Thank god the class I ended up with had a good community and for once I could feel somewhat accepted.

Looks like my personal experience screwed up your metaphor...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 04:09:08 pm by Mindmaker »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2010, 05:01:50 pm »

Heheh, flipping burgers, oh god, I have to remember that. Best euphemism ever.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2010, 05:32:45 am »

This is like kicking puppies and stealing candy from kids combined. Do you have a thematic costume and a secret lair, Vector? Do you need a henchman? Did I just set myself up for a humiliating public rejection?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13