Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863877 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2430 on: July 17, 2012, 10:53:06 am »

Oh... you know what... I think I was mixing up the filter script with squad grouping's.

It would be nice if the filter script active_military was filtering squads and not military that are currently active.

I believe as it is, it does not filter dwarf's that are assigned to a squad, but have no scheduled order.

...squad grouping was by squad assignment, and not by active military...

i don't know what this means, please elaborate.

Is it possible to avoid puting strangers (like caravane merchants and their bodyguards) in DT ? They seem to not do what i tell them to do ;)

this definitely shouldn't be happening if you're using my branch. if you've updated the ini files manually double check the flags here (near the end). otherwise upload the save and i'll take a closer look.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: July 17, 2012, 11:19:16 am »

TIP:  If anyone else is having this problem with Vista 32bit and the latest Therapist.  Try increasing Therapists priority to High. 

Problem:  Therapist window nonresponsiveness.  Can task to it, and away from it, but nothing in it does anything.  When Commit button is moused over and clicked, everything gets highlighted, but nothing gets commited.  No popup messages appear over dwarfs.  Repeat attempts to click in the Therapist window, fail, regardless of what is clicked.  Only button that works, is the resize, maximize and X buttons in the corner.  All this happens while other windows work fine.  While task manager window is open and operational.  No log entries, of issue appear in Therapist log. 

Must be a DLL power or priority issue.  *shrug*  Toggling Therapist process in Task Manager up to High fixed it for me.  Running Therapist on High priority, got the responsiveness back.  I've got a bazillion SVCHOST processes running lord only knows what, for Windows.  One of them is prolly hogging up resources.  Wish I could turn some of those to LOW priority.  Take care, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2432 on: July 17, 2012, 11:21:25 am »

Oh... you know what... I think I was mixing up the filter script with squad grouping's.

It would be nice if the filter script active_military was filtering squads and not military that are currently active.

I believe as it is, it does not filter dwarf's that are assigned to a squad, but have no scheduled order.

...squad grouping was by squad assignment, and not by active military...

i don't know what this means, please elaborate.

Is it possible to avoid puting strangers (like caravane merchants and their bodyguards) in DT ? They seem to not do what i tell them to do ;)

this definitely shouldn't be happening if you're using my branch. if you've updated the ini files manually double check the flags here (near the end). otherwise upload the save and i'll take a closer look.

you can use d.squad_id() in scripts to filter out dwarves in squads. -1 is the returned value for a dwarf who hasn't been assigned to a squad.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2433 on: July 18, 2012, 11:17:19 am »

another release for you fine folks. mostly fixes and tweaks this time around. as always thanks for the bug reports and input! summary:

• fixed linux flags for merchants, merchant guards, etc
  • you can now group by highest moodable skill and a dwarf's highest moodable skill is highlighted in the dwarf details pane
  • filter scripts can now be removed via the menu
  • editing filter scripts now also allows editing of the script name
  • added options to sort by roles in labour and skill columns. this allows showing the role information while keeping the old sorting method.
  • added options to synchronize scrolling and grouping between all views
  • added a tooltip on squad groups to explain the difference in counts when DF still has dead/missing dwarves in squads
  • fixed squad assignment/removal bugs (these were major and should resolve the squad functionality issues reported.. i hope)
  • all vampires should be properly highlighted now
  • fixed hidden castes from showing up under the caste id (this only affects mods with hidden castes (masterwork, LFR..)

Project Home // Full Patch Notes // Download

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: July 18, 2012, 09:16:50 pm »

Thank you.  I wish shishs patch was a bug fix... haha

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: July 18, 2012, 09:43:13 pm »

Thanks, cannot wait to try it out.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: July 19, 2012, 04:40:03 am »

Merci, splinterz! Nice to see you work hard to follow up on your branch.
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: July 19, 2012, 08:23:13 am »

Crashes on startup for me with my existing ini file, if i remove it then it works fine. I guess it doesn't like one of my custom views.

This is the only line it lists in the log when it crashes:
Code: [Select]
2012-Jul-19 14:20:00.671 INFO core Dwarf Therapist "0.6.12" starting normally. [..\dwarftherapist-splintermind-copy\src\dwarftherapist.cpp:104] (DwarfTherapist::setup_logging)
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2438 on: July 19, 2012, 08:24:55 am »

Crashes on startup for me with my existing ini file, if i remove it then it works fine. I guess it doesn't like one of my custom views.

2012-Jul-19 14:20:00.671 INFO core Dwarf Therapist "0.6.12" starting normally. [..\dwarftherapist-splintermind-copy\src\dwarftherapist.cpp:104] (DwarfTherapist::setup_logging)

would you mind sending me your ini?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: July 19, 2012, 08:26:23 am »

someone on reddit suggested an old suggestion.  the ability to change the orientation of profession names (I believe he was referring to the 90 degree angle of labor/role names).  Similar to how excel lets you change the angle.

Also...

it would be awesome to have a number next to a dwarf's name showing the number of labors he has assigned...

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2440 on: July 19, 2012, 08:28:43 am »

someone on reddit suggested an old suggestion.  the ability to change the orientation of profession names (I believe he was referring to the 90 degree angle of labor/role names).  Similar to how excel lets you change the angle.

Also...

it would be awesome to have a number next to a dwarf's name showing the number of labors he has assigned...

are you talking about column headers when you say profession names?

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: July 19, 2012, 08:32:52 am »

Sent, it's got some views that i setup in v13/14 in it so i guess they are the problem. I can recreate them np if needed.

Feature request: On the animals page is it possible we can set the pet availability. I've been doing this to keep track of the breeding pairs i want to keep which have juicy attribs.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2442 on: July 19, 2012, 09:50:27 am »

Sent, it's got some views that i setup in v13/14 in it so i guess they are the problem. I can recreate them np if needed.

Feature request: On the animals page is it possible we can set the pet availability. I've been doing this to keep track of the breeding pairs i want to keep which have juicy attribs.

ok the problem is with those weapon columns which have multiple weapon names ('Scourges, Whips', etc.) i've fixed it from crashing but i'll have to look into adding support to add those grouped columns. for now you can still add the weapon columns, but only the individual weapons, the groups aren't available. for you this only affects the 'Military (v13)' tab you had setup i believe.

Here's the updated zip.

if it's still broken let me know. i'll see if it's possible to toggle the pet state on animals, but no promises. :)

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: July 19, 2012, 10:10:42 am »

ok the problem is with those weapon columns which have multiple weapon names ('Scourges, Whips', etc.) i've fixed it from crashing but i'll have to look into adding support to add those grouped columns. for now you can still add the weapon columns, but only the individual weapons, the groups aren't available. for you this only affects the 'Military (v13)' tab you had setup i believe.

Here's the updated zip.

if it's still broken let me know. i'll see if it's possible to toggle the pet state on animals, but no promises. :)

Will check it later. The v13 is obsolete, it was only there while i ported that setup to the newer versions so it's a non-issue really, i never used those weapon columns anyways they were just there for completeness :)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: July 19, 2012, 10:29:52 am »

Yes

Also...

are you talking about column headers when you say profession names?
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 192