Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863887 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2415 on: July 13, 2012, 04:17:29 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

nevermind... can do by sorting by race...

new bug:

cursed dwarf check... not working...  where should i be looking for the highlight?  On the unit name?  I have it set to purple, and I have a cursecheck command showing 1 (and 1 reported drained of blood) and yet... no one is highlighted.

yes... I'm a dirty cheater...

yes they should be highlighted like nobles. i may have to check another offset if it's not working. at the moment it's checking the curse name and i have no idea if there are curses without names. send me the save?

Urist MacFrench

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: July 13, 2012, 04:32:54 am »

Dt (Splinterz's one) stoped working for me, for no apparent reason.
I'm on Ubuntu 12.04.
I haven't played during more than a week, and several updates came to Ubuntu during that time (it's the only things that have changed, i can't see other reason).
Today, DT just crash at launch. I try re download it and compile it again, but it still crash right after launch.
I tried to launch DT via CLI, to have an error message on terminal, but there isn't any.
What can i do to have more valuable information to give to you ?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2417 on: July 13, 2012, 05:18:34 am »

Dt (Splinterz's one) stoped working for me, for no apparent reason.
I'm on Ubuntu 12.04.
I haven't played during more than a week, and several updates came to Ubuntu during that time (it's the only things that have changed, i can't see other reason).
Today, DT just crash at launch. I try re download it and compile it again, but it still crash right after launch.
I tried to launch DT via CLI, to have an error message on terminal, but there isn't any.
What can i do to have more valuable information to give to you ?

check the log folder and see what the log file has in it.

Urist MacFrench

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: July 13, 2012, 05:52:45 am »

My fault. I forget the last part (hiden in the comments) : "cp -r ../../etc/ ."
Sorry ^^

To make my post less useless :

- DT under Linux read dwarves far slower than under Windows (the more dwarves you have, the slower it is vs nearly instant for Windows).

- i thought a good hunter should be good in marksdwarf and in ambush. DT tell me than one of my dwarve is supposed to be a good hunter but he is bader than the others at ambush and marksdwaf (all have no skill - i start naked; no stuff, no skill). How can this be possible ? Are there other things than ambush and marksdwarf to consider to be a good hunter ?

- requested feature : totally replace the military in game UI (that's the worst part of DF, imo). No idea if it can be done, but i wish you good luck...

And thank you for all the nice additions in DT !

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: July 13, 2012, 02:01:12 pm »

- i thought a good hunter should be good in marksdwarf and in ambush. DT tell me than one of my dwarve is supposed to be a good hunter but he is bader than the others at ambush and marksdwaf (all have no skill - i start naked; no stuff, no skill). How can this be possible ? Are there other things than ambush and marksdwarf to consider to be a good hunter ?

Urist MacFrench, I was surprised at the role requirements for Hunter, too.  With all the footfalls required in stalking; I'd think they would need lots more Agility.  Maybe Agility doesn't affect their stealth travel speed.  Its logical to have the others, Focus, Spatial and Kinestetic. 

Marksdwarf requirement would be redundant, since it requires the same thing as Hunter, minus the military skills and some people prefer player squad-hunting over AI hunter-hunting, so the separation is necessary to please them.  I'm happy with the Hunter Role. 

Except, I would think it would need a Not Sympathy requirement.  Since so often, Hunters traverse the Butchershop, the corpse stockpiles and take part in seeing gruesome body parts and death, often.  Hard to imagine a Hunter as compassionate.  Know what I mean?  Butcher isn't even Not Sympathy.  Butcher role I think should get tweaked before Hunter role, however.  If Sympathy even does anything.  *shrug*  Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: July 13, 2012, 04:52:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

nevermind... can do by sorting by race...

new bug:

cursed dwarf check... not working...  where should i be looking for the highlight?  On the unit name?  I have it set to purple, and I have a cursecheck command showing 1 (and 1 reported drained of blood) and yet... no one is highlighted.

yes... I'm a dirty cheater...

yes they should be highlighted like nobles. i may have to check another offset if it's not working. at the moment it's checking the curse name and i have no idea if there are curses without names. send me the save?

here's a masterwork save
http://www.mediafire.com/?m1nh2i5c0ph28hl

Iysif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: July 13, 2012, 10:10:58 pm »

I don't know if this has been addressed, but I keep having ghosts show up in my list of dwarves with assignable labors.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: July 16, 2012, 06:24:49 pm »

it would be nice if I could nest by group by

and if squad grouping was by squad assignment, and not by active military (I can get around it by ordering a squad to do something, but if someone is sleeping...)

Urist MacFrench

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: July 16, 2012, 07:56:48 pm »

Is it possible to avoid puting strangers (like caravane merchants and their bodyguards) in DT ? They seem to not do what i tell them to do ;)

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: July 17, 2012, 04:25:14 am »

I can't get the autoupdate to work for some reason unknown to me so I have not been able to use this for the lastest version. Any ideas? :(
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2425 on: July 17, 2012, 05:30:49 am »

...squad grouping was by squad assignment, and not by active military...

i don't know what this means, please elaborate.

Is it possible to avoid puting strangers (like caravane merchants and their bodyguards) in DT ? They seem to not do what i tell them to do ;)

this definitely shouldn't be happening if you're using my branch. if you've updated the ini files manually double check the flags here (near the end). otherwise upload the save and i'll take a closer look.

Urist MacFrench

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: July 17, 2012, 08:43:56 am »

this definitely shouldn't be happening if you're using my branch.
I do :)

if you've updated the ini files manually
I don't (just copied them from a place to another, as said in the wiki comments - if not, DT did not launch).

double check the flags here (near the end)
They seem to be the same.

otherwise upload the save and i'll take a closer look.
By "the save", you mean, the "region" folder ?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2427 on: July 17, 2012, 09:10:44 am »

yes the region folder in data/save/ which has the problem.

Greenalien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: July 17, 2012, 10:24:17 am »

Hi, is there such a thing as a simple guide to getting Dwarf Therapist run on linux? I'm running ubuntu 12.04, the linux versions seem to be for different distros. When I try and run Dwarf Fortress and Dwarf Therapist in Wine (both latest versions), it tells me that Dwarf Therapist can't find a "PEB" address.

So...hlp pls? My apologies if this has been already answered.

Alternatively I would really welcome any tips on how to manage the fortress when it grows big. I've had it grow to about 80 dwarfs and it turns quite unmanageable by hand at those numbers.

Urist MacFrench

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: July 17, 2012, 10:27:39 am »

yes the region folder in data/save/ which has the problem.
Here it is : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qx2togqprh8xlna/yPjaOyDwwM
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 192