Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Explorer - A Minecraft Alpha LP(tons of images!)  (Read 33547 times)

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Explorer - A Minecraft Alpha LP(tons of images!)
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2010, 12:22:22 pm »

And Squiddles the Movie Trailer - The Day the Unicorns Couldn't Play Isn't a creepy song? What about the end of Let the Squiddles sleep?
Ok I'll agree, that music is creepy. But the happy-go-lucky music that mostly defines the album is still way better than silence.
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2010, 01:07:49 pm »

I just listen to the first song.

Anyways, pretty soon you should make a minecart station! That sends one to you. 8) Oh, watch all three for how to do all of it.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2010, 01:57:36 pm »

Wow, his minecraft track is awesome.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2010, 03:10:41 pm »

Day 9

Dear diary;

When I woke up this morning, I wasn't particularly pleased with the glass window. It was too tall and small.

I fixed it by making the entire wall a glass window.

I decided to venture back into the mines today, and made several picks. I smelted the iron ore I found yesterday, too.

I made an iron helmet out of it. It'll give me some basic protection if I get attacked. Or a cave-in. Oh god, if a cave-in happens, I'm dead.

I started digging again once I got down.

I was startled when I all of a sudden find magma flooding in.

I blocked the entrance it had flood in through and got myself a nice lava pool. I went around it and kept on digging.

And guess what? I found even MORE magma.

I blocked the way off and dug around again.

Deeper down, I found a new type of rock. It's so hard, I can't even dent it. Imagine if I could dig it out and make tools, weapons and armor out of it... but seeing as it's virtually indestructible for me, I doubt it.

I tried digging past it, but there was even more of it blocking the way, I decided to dig forward instead.

I said hello to Mr. Magma again, and blocked him off.

But guess what, diary, I found gold! Gold! Beautiful, shining, yellow metal!

Past the gold I found coal. It was much needed, I was running low on it.

And above the coal I found iron. It was like christmas.

But then my last stone pick broke. I thought whether or not I should use my iron one...

I decided to go for it, and dug onward.

Magma found me again, and I blocked him off. Again.

Then, a bit later, I found more gold, and that funny, red stone. It was definately like christmas.

Hordes of treasure was mine today.

I thought it was about time for me to go back up, and it sure was. Once I was back up, it was in the middle of the night again. I decided to sit down and just look at the sky. It was a fantastic sky that night, just like every other. The stars were shining very bright, and so was the full moon.

I got tired and decided I had to sleep. While I wrote my entry for the day, I decided the red stone... or dust I found needed a name. I went simple and named it redstone. I have tons of coal, gold and redstone. And with that, I'm off to sleep.
Not too sure if I'll mine tomorrow. Maybe play around with the redstone, see what properties it has.

Good night.

OOC: Just as I said IC, I'll probably play around with redstone tommorow. Torches, automated doors and minetracks... sounds fun :D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 08:07:42 am by Dwarf Midget »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2010, 04:27:00 pm »

Start using magma to fuel your forges. Make a v pattern using 3 iron things, take the bucket, use it to pick up magma, and there you go. Of course, the bucket is gone once you do that, but still! You can smelt 100 iron or some other smelt-able thing with one bucket. Spiffy!

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2010, 05:09:44 pm »

Start using magma to fuel your forges. Make a v pattern using 3 iron things, take the bucket, use it to pick up magma, and there you go. Of course, the bucket is gone once you do that, but still! You can smelt 100 iron or some other smelt-able thing with one bucket. Spiffy!
what.
I'm going to do that now.
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2010, 05:28:56 pm »

Make sure you have enough iron to last the whole time, 256 I think?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2010, 06:06:41 pm »

Man I didn't even know that was in. Notch is awesome.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2010, 06:08:28 pm »

Indeed. But hh has a point. You need lots of iron to make max use, but still. It's pretty damn cool.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2010, 01:41:29 am »

I doubt I'll get hold of that much iron. But still, pretty useful.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2010, 02:41:13 am »

Thought I read on the wiki that if there's nothing to be done that the furnace doesn't consume the fuel, it just holds it till you do need to use it.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2010, 09:14:15 am »

The furnace won't start until you've got something smeltable, but it immediately consumes the first unit of fuel (the whole lava bucket, in this case) when it starts and that 'charge', so to speak, will continue depleting regardless as to if the furnace actually doing anything. So if you're not on hand to replace the smelting stack, you'll waste some or all of the potential in the lava bucket... including that three iron you spent to make it.

I much prefer coal for furnace operations. 8 stack smelts a full 64 stack of material, and coal's been ridiculously plentiful in most worlds I've seen so far. If you're going for cost efficiency, though, I think planks are the best option (if I remember what the wiki said correctly) -- wood's one of the few geographically (i.e. you don't have to walk/dig a mile to find it) infinite resources. Just keep a good sized tree farm (or several) around. Even a fairly small one spits out 64 stacks of logs pretty regularly, and it only takes 44 pieces of wood to smelt a 64 stack.

So coal to save iron and wood for the lazy. Lava bucket costs iron :( I just wish you could have infinite fuel if you had a lava flow running into the furnace. That would be killer.

Also watching :P Like it so far, yeah. Half wish my computer could handle running minecraft (java ::)) and a capture proggie at the same time so I could join in on the fun.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2010, 10:02:13 am »

The furnace won't start until you've got something smeltable, but it immediately consumes the first unit of fuel (the whole lava bucket, in this case) when it starts and that 'charge', so to speak, will continue depleting regardless as to if the furnace actually doing anything. So if you're not on hand to replace the smelting stack, you'll waste some or all of the potential in the lava bucket... including that three iron you spent to make it.

I much prefer coal for furnace operations. 8 stack smelts a full 64 stack of material, and coal's been ridiculously plentiful in most worlds I've seen so far. If you're going for cost efficiency, though, I think planks are the best option (if I remember what the wiki said correctly) -- wood's one of the few geographically (i.e. you don't have to walk/dig a mile to find it) infinite resources. Just keep a good sized tree farm (or several) around. Even a fairly small one spits out 64 stacks of logs pretty regularly, and it only takes 44 pieces of wood to smelt a 64 stack.

So coal to save iron and wood for the lazy. Lava bucket costs iron :( I just wish you could have infinite fuel if you had a lava flow running into the furnace. That would be killer.

Also watching :P Like it so far, yeah. Half wish my computer could handle running minecraft (java ::)) and a capture proggie at the same time so I could join in on the fun.

Can't you just take screenshots? If you have a mac Command-shift-3 if you have windows, you could just use printscreen.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2010, 10:19:40 am »

Yeah, but effort :P

Focused printscreen is a three button affair on this lappie, and then there's opening paint, saving as something non-freaking-huge, etc, etc, etc. All the while, Minecraft's java sorceries are trying to make my laptop ignite. Silly thing. Maybe some weekend or another I'll see just how much time it'd take, but for now watching is enough.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2010, 11:35:44 am »

Wow mac really does handle screenshots better. It just saves them to a folder automatically. I knew that's what printscreen did by default but I thought you could set it to automatically save pictures...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16