Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Explorer - A Minecraft Alpha LP(tons of images!)  (Read 33533 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Explorer - A Minecraft Alpha LP(tons of images!)
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2010, 08:34:40 pm »

You should make a diamond shovel. They're surprisingly useful, as they dig through dirt like it's not even there.
If you have any surplus diamonds, it'll only cost 1 diamond too.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2010, 08:36:39 am »

You should make a diamond shovel. They're surprisingly useful, as they dig through dirt like it's not even there.
If you have any surplus diamonds, it'll only cost 1 diamond too.

That too.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2010, 03:38:12 pm »

Day 13

Dear diary;

I just couldn't sleep tonight. The diamond, it was so intriguing. I had to try the pick... the mines were calling for me.

I went down and dug. It was so efficient! Like a hot knife through butter, I hacked and smashed my way through the rock.

I encountered magma, but I didn't care. I blocked it off and kept on digging.

Then I found a lit-up cavern.

It had magma...

And water. Together. The water cooled down the magma and it went back to stone. Isn't cooled magma called obsidian?

My thoughts returned to the pick. I remembered that obsidian is quite tough, and didn't break easily. This was a challenge. I had to mine it.

...but I was disturbed. I think I heard something from beyond the waterfall. To clear away the water, I blocked the water off.

After this, I mined through the obsidian. It certainly was tough, and took a long time to mine. But I did it. Me and my diamond pick dug through the second hardest rock in this place(second to this is that virtually invulnerable rock I find deep down). I had a feeling of satisfaction running through me.

But again, I was disturbed. Now I could see what had made the sound. A skeleton, struggling to reach me and throwing arrows in my direction.

He got me once, but it was blocked by my plate mail. Certainly this armor is useful. I tore him bone from bone before he could do anything to me.

I don't know what happened to me after that. I felt an urge to make a river of magma, with a glass floor above it, so you can look through. I did it too. I'm get such wild thoughts lately... why?

I mined some more obsidian and tried to make a sword out of it.

It didn't work. It just wouldn't. This obsidian is nigh-useless. Though it can be used as a unpenetrable wall, I assume.

I got a hold of myself and forced myself to go back up, tired and unmotivated. It was in the middle of the day outside. I needed sleep.

I laid down in my sleeping corner and started writing this entry right away. Right now I just want to go to sleep. So I will.

Good night.

OOC: I am now refraining from updating in the weekends due to me wanting my free time free. On another note, diamond picks are awesome.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 10:12:18 am by Dwarf Midget »
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2010, 03:56:51 pm »

Combined bump and note: this'll be the first time I skip a day. No day 14 before Monday.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2010, 11:49:00 pm »

One of the images was removed. The one where you were trying to make an obsidian sword it looks like.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2010, 03:59:44 am »

One of the images was removed. The one where you were trying to make an obsidian sword it looks like.
Huh, that's weird... I'll see if I can't fix it.

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2010, 10:22:27 am »

Is this only real point to obsidian to build things?
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2010, 10:27:08 am »

Is this only real point to obsidian to build things?

Nearly invincible things...but yes.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2010, 12:09:14 pm »

Would probably take about twenty blocks of TNT just to blow up one obsidian block
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2010, 02:02:21 pm »

I fixed it; I entered 203 when the next picture is 204.

*i'm just gonna sit here and hope no one notices I haven't updated until tomorrow*
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 03:05:38 pm by Dwarf Midget »

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2010, 08:41:50 pm »

Sorry, been noticing it already. :P
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2010, 08:07:14 am »

busted.

Ok guys now I'm actually going to start making stuff for you. First one to post I'll start working on first. Remember that I've got 2 in-game days to do today.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2010, 09:05:01 am »

I have discovered a cleaver defense mech... Cacti!!!

Placing them in a bowl like shape (they don't like to sit next to one another sadly) and just standing there and attracting all the nasties of the night, building something right will have them run into the Cacti spikes and kill themselves. When ever I spawn I scan the beaches for Cacti and spend the whole time above ground behind my nigh impenetrable wall of pure damage, building it so Creepers are not close enough to explode helps too ^_^
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2010, 09:40:37 am »

I have discovered a cleaver defense mech... Cacti!!!

Placing them in a bowl like shape (they don't like to sit next to one another sadly) and just standing there and attracting all the nasties of the night, building something right will have them run into the Cacti spikes and kill themselves. When ever I spawn I scan the beaches for Cacti and spend the whole time above ground behind my nigh impenetrable wall of pure damage, building it so Creepers are not close enough to explode helps too ^_^
Too bad there aren't any cacti around, maybe I'll find them if I explore a bit.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2010, 10:01:50 am »

A tower that goes up to cloud level. Clouds are 3d and will actually go through your tower causing it to become foggy. (or so I've heard)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16