Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299813 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session in progress) (always recruiting)
« Reply #465 on: November 21, 2010, 11:18:18 pm »

Thankyou for the session, it was fun, and sorry about the delays, for some reason my turn always came up in both games at once. Good luck with your test, and don't let the Java bugs bite!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 21, 2010, 11:20:50 pm »

I never complained about the bandit attack, I just wish that whoever cast the entanglement spell had moved it so that I could actually participate.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 22, 2010, 01:11:51 pm »

I never complained about the bandit attack, I just wish that whoever cast the entanglement spell had moved it so that I could actually participate.

Actually, that was directed more at Finny, who tried to call BS on bandits who attack during the night and try to kill you. Funny thing about bandits... also, you're in for a rude awakening once you're past those mountains.

Also, someone requested some fourth-party Alternative Bloodline stuff?
Spoiler: rambling (click to show/hide)
I will okay these new bloodlines, but I'm placing the restriction that you have to declare your intention to use one at character creation. For the characters that already exist, I'll let you declare it now, since I hadn't heard of this system when your character was made. But from a strictly powergaming perspective, I would advise against them.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session this weekend) (always recruiting)
« Reply #468 on: November 22, 2010, 05:57:50 pm »

After the session Randress was in, lines could be found on the ground outside the city that looked sort of like a cross between runes and random lines. It is where Randress managed to make impressions in the ground that make sense to her, and her hope, one day, will make sense to alligators. Somehow.

In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 22, 2010, 08:39:01 pm »

I have complained not of bandits trying to kill you, but rather, bandits NOT trying to kill you,and more like trying to kill horses which is more like dedicated hitmen than bandits.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 22, 2010, 08:59:22 pm »

Too late for the Journal?
Spoiler: Anyways (click to show/hide)

Also, I'm giving the other 50 gp of the payment to the group fund.
So do I get the Journal XP for this, or no?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 22, 2010, 09:15:55 pm »

Journal Time
Spoiler: Letter Home (click to show/hide)
Also, speaking of boneheaded things I didn't think of, someone remind me to use the Cure Light Wounds wand on the horses next session.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 23, 2010, 09:32:53 am »

It is a bit late but here is the Doctors journal.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What is the DC for hunting animals of any size in the desert anyways?

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 23, 2010, 09:49:30 am »

every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 23, 2010, 03:22:28 pm »

I don't think he would want to keep animals with him. He would rather hide his obvious bloodthirst than make it any more obvious. I will keep this character as long as the RNG permits. After which I will switch to a ridiculous dodge tank, which we need to help with damage mitigation. Mages cannot take a hit very well and we only have one tank.

If anyone is interested this is the reserve character.

Actually the DC for hunting in the desert shouldn't be too bad at night, so the RNG should keep this character kicking until he dies from battle. If we absolutely need another tank later on, just let me know and I can swap out characters.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 23, 2010, 08:31:55 pm »

Mages cannot take a hit very well and we only have except for the one tank.
Craziest sorcerer ever.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 24, 2010, 03:24:18 am »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 24, 2010, 10:13:44 pm »

Ethan, Randress, Dr. Moon, Tallulah, and Finny receive experience points for their journals. I've noticed they're getting subtly better over time; keep this up and when we eventually have to move on to bigger and better things, we will have epic and awesome journals! People will read our thread just to hear the stories. After all, people watched that one movie where someone shoots the president and 5 different people see it from a different point-of-view, so... yeah.

Also, sorry for missing your experience earlier, Red.

Also, you guys are going to LOVE the desert. It's going to be fun.

EDIT: Fool, just for easy reference, you should list your monk's wisdom bonus to AC as a misc. bonus, so that we don't get confused if someone catches you flat-footed.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 10:16:07 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 24, 2010, 11:17:12 pm »

Ooh, I didn't think we had another chance for a journal so soon, but I told myself I'd make one for every session.

Quote from: Maelrigar's Thoughts
I can't write right now, I have a battle to fight! Well, I guess I have a little time to think, that silly druid made all the plants around the horses reach up and grab at everything touching them, so I have to wait until they stop before I can get into the thick of things. The trip here was pretty good, I guess. We went through another human town, a less racist one. They let goblins in, though they weren't well liked. It's the thought that counts though, right? We've been on the road for a few days, so I'm surprised these are the first bandits we've encountered. Whoa! That bandit is slaying one of the horses! Grargh, why did that tree hugger have to block me like this? We may all be magic users here, but some of us prefer to get physical, too. Darn him and his sissy plant-webs. Oh well, I guess it helps everyone else a little bit. Ooh, I'll throw knives! ... [pause] ... Well, I missed, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Spoiler: side notes (click to show/hide)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 24, 2010, 11:36:25 pm »

Fool, just for easy reference, you should list your monk's wisdom bonus to AC as a misc. bonus, so that we don't get confused if someone catches you flat-footed.

Your right, sorry about the confusion. I thought it didn't apply when flat-footed. If it is alright my character will be taking a Vow of Poverty. The bonuses are indeed awesome (21 AC at level 1!?), and it costs two feats, but the real trade-off comes later when everyone else has magic items of ownage and I have a predefined bonuses that are limited by level. Also, this means that most of my coinage will automatically be party funds.

I think the Doctor will be making a run for it we will most likely be trapped in the caves for days on end without hunting or killing, and I would rather not make everyone angry by attacking people without reason, or killing people at night (as you currently trust him as the nightwatchman). For this reason I will just swap out the Doctor for Van. Also, sorry about constantly swapping characters hopefully this one can tank alongside the crazy tank of a sorcerer and do decent damage. Hopefully the Doctor can have a cameo in the city or something so there is a little closure on his location, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 11:40:14 pm by The Fool »

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 244