Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76102 times)

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Day 5 - Almost there
« Reply #780 on: October 18, 2010, 05:33:22 pm »

Zathras: What do you want from me? My feelings on your findings? That's a pretty stupid trap; if I agree at all, you'll take it as a sign of buddying and use it to condemn me. If I disagree, you'll say I'm scum defending a buddy...and use it to condemn me.

If you think Toony is scum, why are you voting me? Yes, I was lurking because yes, I do have a life that yes, does get in the way sometimes. Do you really think placing your vote on me - for lurking - is a good idea? Especially at this stage of the game?

Explain that to me.

Woah, hey, Joe, guess what, Toony's dead and he flipped scum. So, uh.

Uh.

Unvote Org, vote Jokerman. I think there's no other possible course of action.

This is my opinion.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 19, 2010, 05:52:53 pm »

Votecount

Org -1- Pandarsenic,
Pandarsenic -- 
Jokerman-EXE -2- Zathras, SirBayer,
Zathras --
SirBayer -2- Org, Jokerman-EXE,

Not Voting:

Day ends in 2 hours.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 19, 2010, 06:24:07 pm »

So, that's it guys? Nothing else to say? You do realise it's LYLO, yes? Nolynching is not just losing, it's losing without even putting up a fight.

My vote stays on Jokerman. We were starting to have a nice little game going on again, until he came and shat all over the carpet. He is scum, and worse, he is useless.

Jokerman, you tried twice to kill the game through lurking and almost succeeded. Now you are trying again. Fuck you. You are not killing it, you are losing it.

Now one of you guys come and express a freakin' opinion, move your vote, or vote for someone else, goddamnit! If the day ends in a nolynch, you are agreeing with Jokerman that this game was not worth saving.

And the mistress will not be pleased about that.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 19, 2010, 07:32:07 pm »

Unvote Org, vote Jokerman-EXE. >:[
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 19, 2010, 07:45:58 pm »

Unvote Org, vote Jokerman-EXE. >:[
Oh lol.
7 minutes left about. And youz be no reasons voting.
Derp herp derp/

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 19, 2010, 09:52:50 pm »

Votecount

Org --
Pandarsenic --
Jokerman-EXE -3- Zathras, SirBayer, Pandarsenic,
Zathras --
SirBayer -2- Org, Jokerman-EXE,

Everyone gathers around Jokerman.

"No guys, really, I'm a townie. Y'know all that lurking I did, it was just an accident. You wouldn't kill me because of an accident, would you?"

Everyone, weary of the past week, looks at each other and nods.

Jokeman -EXE has been lynched!
Jokerman was a Townie.

Upon realizing the identity of their latest victim, both Org's and SirBayer's faces turn white. They look each other in the eyes. For the first time in what seems an eternity, they trust one another. Absolutely.

They both turn to face Zathras and Pandarsenic, who stand shoulder to shoulder with triumphant grins on their faces.

The mafia, Zathras(Godfather), Toonyman, and Pandarsenic have won.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it
« Reply #786 on: October 19, 2010, 09:58:18 pm »

Dead Chat
Mafia Chat

Thank you to those that tried to stick with the game, I know it was hard and I appreciate it.

I'm not mad at anybody, just disappointed in general. This game has made me realize that I ought to do something about the state of the Mafia Board. Like I already said in the Games Discussion Thread, I'm planning on starting my own attendance ranking system modeled fairly heavily on Dakarians. I don't have all the specifics yet, so I'll be making a planning thread shortly. I have no illusions about making a huge difference, but I feel that someone has to try.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 19, 2010, 09:59:39 pm »

Huzzah.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 19, 2010, 09:59:56 pm »

Do you guys want the scumpicks, or do you think they should be kept secret?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #789 on: October 19, 2010, 10:02:51 pm »

I'm not mad at anybody, just disappointed in general. This game has made me realize that I ought to do something about the state of the Mafia Board. Like I already said in the Games Discussion Thread, I'm planning on starting my own attendance ranking system modeled fairly heavily on Dakarians. I don't have all the specifics yet, so I'll be making a planning thread shortly. I have no illusions about making a huge difference, but I feel that someone has to try.

I've been following the thread since signups, man that was one ugly game lurker-wise... It had a few good moments, but ug.  Makes me feel sad for the state of the board in general. :( 

Quote from: ToonyMan in QuickTopic
Don't post Lonewolf, scum don't get penalized. Eduren just makes it look like you do.

>:(

Quote from: Pandarsenic in QuickTopic
Us getting away with this is why the subforum is in such a sorry state. I want everyone to see that I wrote this here and now when this game is over.

Here's a thought, why don't you just not do it?  Play the games you're in, be active as scum or town.  Would make the games a lot more interesting and probably do some wonders for everyone's scum game (you have to be sneak *and* active).

Quote from: ToonyMan in QuickTopic
Dude Eduren, no no no. Mafia (any anti-town) role shouldn't be punished for lurking or "flaking", town should have enough sense to lynch them.

And then half the game lurks and the subforum dies...  :-\

Zatharas, thanks for at least playing even as replacement scum.  You had me convinced.  And I agree with you about Jokerman (although he's not the only one either).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 10:11:08 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 19, 2010, 10:04:11 pm »

I still think mafia shouldn't be penalized for lurking.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 19, 2010, 10:06:09 pm »

Mafia should be able to lurk. It's when they stop playing the game that they should be punished.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 19, 2010, 10:16:03 pm »

In principle, and in a game/board with sufficient activity, I'd agree, but I think the metagame concept of keeping a game alive must take precedence. If lurking is killing the game, scum or not, kill the lurkers.

Also, as I said in the scumchat, I was surprised that no one tossed even as much as as FoS at me, even when several of my "arguments" and "evidence" were clearly made up.

And Sir Bayer, I felt badly about making that argument that your enthusiasm made you look scummy; it was necessary as far as my scum strategy, but enthusiasm is what the board needs. So Kudos for coming back and being engaged.

Org, I was sincere: I can't read you worth shit. It's like everyone else is speaking English and you're speaking Sanskrit. I don't know how you do it.

ETA: When, oh when, is town going to ever win a game here? I haven't seen town win since I joined the site, dammit! Can anyone remember the last time? Why is that?

« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 10:18:32 pm by Zathras »
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #793 on: October 19, 2010, 10:22:38 pm »

In principle, and in a game/board with sufficient activity, I'd agree, but I think the metagame concept of keeping a game alive must take precedence. If lurking is killing the game, scum or not, kill the lurkers.

The problem is there is too many lurkers.  If they get mod-killed this might be feasible...

Org, I was sincere: I can't read you worth shit. It's like everyone else is speaking English and you're speaking Sanskrit. I don't know how you do it.

I've never been able to understand Org.  What's more is I've never really seen a game where he's been without a doubt an asset for the town.  There's a reason that I tend to push an Org policy lynch if there's nothing else to go on.

ETA: When, oh when, is town going to ever win a game here? I haven't seen town win since I joined the site, dammit! Can anyone remember the last time? Why is that?

It's *really* difficult to win if the scum can just shut up and stay hidden among the lurking masses.  I don't think it's going to get any better without some new blood and that's hard with the lurking older people breaking games.  :(
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 19, 2010, 10:26:31 pm »

Hey now, I have a policy of not lurking.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 57