Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76257 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Day 2 - Talk softly and kill people at night
« Reply #510 on: September 21, 2010, 08:01:56 pm »

Goddamn it, you idiot, you're letting the scumbucket go. Elegy is new, Tack is scum.
They're both new, dumbass.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 21, 2010, 08:05:54 pm »

@SirBayer: Why do you care so much which of ToonyMan, Tack, and Webadict gets lynched? Aren't they all obvious scum to you?

Frankly, I'm only chasing after Tack because he's the most obvious. Once the nail's in the coffin, it's not just a sound theory, it's an obvious fact.

Zai: No - look, just - ARRGH
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 21, 2010, 08:12:42 pm »

However you scream, it's just seeming to me like you're both trying to defend Elegy.
They're both using the same "defense" of me that you clung behind to all of day 1. That I'm new and therefor more likely to mess up. However, you'll notice I've never used that defense for myself once. They're allowed to think whoever they want is town for whatever reason they want.

And if you'd read. It's not just 'questioning'. It's a bunch of noise with my name in it as much as possible.
That's not a defense, that's stating an attack against you is something that it very clearly isn't.

unvote

Tack, you've been dancing around all me throwing out WIFOM and getting away with it because you constantly jump to "I'm new, so they're not scumslips". Enough is enough.
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 21, 2010, 08:18:48 pm »

However you scream, it's just seeming to me like you're both trying to defend Elegy.
They're both using the same "defense" of me that you clung behind to all of day 1. That I'm new and therefor more likely to mess up. However, you'll notice I've never used that defense for myself once. They're allowed to think whoever they want is town for whatever reason they want.

And if you'd read. It's not just 'questioning'. It's a bunch of noise with my name in it as much as possible.
That's not a defense, that's stating an attack against you is something that it very clearly isn't.

unvote

Tack, you've been dancing around all me throwing out WIFOM and getting away with it because you constantly jump to "I'm new, so they're not scumslips". Enough is enough.

If I weren't so furious about the Tack lynch, I would seriously object to this, especially since you just tied up the lynch.
EDUREN:
Is there a double lynch on tie, or is there a nolynch?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 21, 2010, 08:21:49 pm »

Well this just forces one of the non-participating players to cast a tie breaker.

speaking of

Jokerman-EXE, where are you.
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 21, 2010, 08:40:12 pm »

unvote

If I weren't so furious about the Tack lynch, I would seriously object to this, especially since you just tied up the lynch.
EDUREN:
Is there a double lynch on tie, or is there a nolynch?
BAYER: There's a no lynch.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 21, 2010, 08:44:13 pm »

fffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Well then. If there's a chance of a no lynch, Elegy is gonna be the one biting the dust. That's ridiculous.
Rules are for suckers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 21, 2010, 08:48:55 pm »

Okay then. Scumteam is Tack, Webadict, and ToonyMan. Done deal.

Awesome stuff.

Tack starts spewing scumtells all over the place, Webadict puts the lamest fake-pressure on him I've ever seen. I catch Tack's screw-up, Webadict tries to divert my attention to himself (Toony promptly joins him), then defends Tack's decision to run away at the critical moment. He hasn't shown back up, by the way. Too soon to blame him, but if he misses today...

Gotcha.
You quote is a fail. You're basically FoSOMGUSing.

I'd also like to see how you can find saying "Stop buddying," as, "Look at me!" In fact, I'd like to see how putting ATTENTION ON MYSELF would benefit scum me ever?

Bullshit, Webadict. You know damn well why having all the attention on yourself would benefit scum you. You're one of, if not the best scum player on this here board. You can dodge votes and deflect off better than anyone. How many times have you been lynched? Twice? Three times? How many of those times weren't because a role found you out?
Right, I could do that, but I'd rather bus the crap out of my partner than defend him. But, that's not even where the argument fails. See, the point of the quote was that he was saying that me saying, "Stop buddying" is a way to get attention on myself. Obviously, the logic falls pretty flat when you consider that ToonyMan ALSO said to stop buddying, as well as posting the places where Bayer buddied. So, that means that you'd have to accept the flawed logic as well as the part where I would make myself a target to defend my partner.

So, your argument is purely meta, based haphazardly on a random quote. That means you're not really reading what the content is, only the message. See, that is a valid reason to vote you.

But, I've got a few other things to do first. I'll be back.

Everyone attacking you SirBayer is scum, yep.  Makes sense to me.

Hey-o, let's indirectly defend my scumbuddies. AGAIN.

Buddying: I hardly think I'm doing anything like what you, Toony, and Webby are on about. This is fucking retarded and you three know it. You're acting as a group, following each other around - DOES NO ONE ELSE SEE THIS?
I see something like that, but Elegy's scummier.

Let's cut a deal, Zai. You help me lynch Tack. If I'm right about this, we'll move on to the rest of the absurdly obvious scumteam. If I'm WRONG about Tack, I'll gladly, gladly, help you lynch Elegy.

It's time we stop splitting up on targets. Take down the obvious one first and the rest will fall like dominoes. Speaking of which...

Okay then. Scumteam is Tack, Webadict, and ToonyMan. Done deal.

Awesome stuff.

Tack starts spewing scumtells all over the place, Webadict puts the lamest fake-pressure on him I've ever seen. I catch Tack's screw-up, Webadict tries to divert my attention to himself (Toony promptly joins him), then defends Tack's decision to run away at the critical moment. He hasn't shown back up, by the way. Too soon to blame him, but if he misses today...

Gotcha.
You quote is a fail. You're basically FoSOMGUSing.

I'd also like to see how you can find saying "Stop buddying," as, "Look at me!" In fact, I'd like to see how putting ATTENTION ON MYSELF would benefit scum me ever?

Bullshit, Webadict. You know damn well why having all the attention on yourself would benefit scum you. You're one of, if not the best scum player on this here board. You can dodge votes and deflect off better than anyone. How many times have you been lynched? Twice? Three times? How many of those times weren't because a role found you out?

Hey, we can lynch Webadict later. He's not going anywhere. Like I said to Zai: Help me bring down the RIDICULOUSLY OBVIOUS SCUM and we'll get somewhere.

Are... are you reading?

No, you're not. Stop being an idiot, roll over, and die like a good scum.

This is pathetic. HEY ZAI, SEE THIS? This is what I'm talking about. Holy hell.
Seriously, you need to stop buddying. Calling out specific players to look at your evidence that isn't about the said player is scummy.

fffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Well then. If there's a chance of a no lynch, Elegy is gonna be the one biting the dust. That's ridiculous.
Lol, you don't even want to lynch the person you're voting for.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 21, 2010, 08:50:05 pm »

Day ends Friday I think anyway, so we have time for vote changes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 21, 2010, 09:36:13 pm »

1. Zai
2. Org
3. Elegy
4. Pandarsenic
5. Jokerman-EXE
6. Tack
7. Webadict
8. Lonewolf I
9. ToonyMan
10. SirBayer
12. Mr.Person

So, the question is really: Which 3 of these people are scum?

Well, through a very biased look at every players' posts, I think that the scumteam can be knocked down to:
12. Mr.Person, for ignoring big scumtells but jumping on the small scumtells. It shows how little he's caring about content and is only looking for the next big lynch.
3. Elegy, for general bad play. Seems to love latching onto Tack, following many of the leads of bigger players (He has a short-lived vote-hopping phase early on in the game.) Also deflected MEGA early on when faced with a bandwagon WITHOUT actually going after these people.
5. Jokerman-EXE, TBE
4. Pandarsenic, TBE
8. Lonewolf I, TBE
10. SirBayer, for buddying when all else fails and seemingly random flip-flopping. He's slightly redeemed in that he's playing a lot better than the above people.

I realize that's six, but it's a pretty good guess. There are 3 lurkers on there who NEED PRODDING: Pandarsenic (Who has simply posted once or twice a day to tell us he won't be posting [Which really begs the question: Why play?]), Jokerman-EXE (Who isn't posting anywhere on the Mafia board and might require a replacement), and Lonewolf I (Who is similar to Jokerman-EXE.) I really loathe using lurkers on the list, but it is a necessary evil.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 21, 2010, 09:41:22 pm »

Interesting that you overlooked me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 21, 2010, 09:48:11 pm »

No, I didn't overlook you. I just factored in the no second PM posts you made and factored you off the list.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 21, 2010, 09:51:03 pm »

No, I didn't overlook you. I just factored in the no second PM posts you made and factored you off the list.
Hmmm.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 21, 2010, 09:55:27 pm »

Hmmm.
Look, if you want to be back on the list, that's fine. I'm merely trying to cut down the number of people I suspect and reasons why they should be less suspected.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 21, 2010, 10:00:34 pm »

...That's a terrible reason for him to be town. Ed included, in the first post of the new game (but in the last thread), this bit:
If you did not receive a role PM, then you are Vanilla Town.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57