Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76312 times)

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Day 2 - Talk softly and kill people at night
« Reply #480 on: September 21, 2010, 05:40:34 am »

Why are you getting violently angry at a reasonable question?

I only ask that because you missed what I was asking by a touch. What I was asking was, why are you putting your appearance ahead of voting who you think is scum?
I'm using logic to respond to your question.  The anger you're detecting is frustration, and it's not directed towards you, but towards mafia-players as a whole. I keep coming under fire for this behavior in various games when I really don't see what's so scummy about it.

I'm not concerned with my appearance.  Yes, SirBayer is my pick for scum right now, but Wuba's got all the points I would bring against him covered, so I'm focusing on Tack and Elegy right now, as they are also a bit scummy.  Like I said before, if it comes down to the end of the day and I don't have new material to work with, I'll switch to SirBayer.

You wouldn't be hopping on a band wagon in the first place Lonewolf, band wagonning is not something you're suppose to do, if you have valid points that aren't nothing/rehashed then you're fine man.
Except that all my points would be "rehashed" because Wuba's already got them covered and I haven't found anything new.  So I hunt elsewhere.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 21, 2010, 07:20:49 am »

I'd like an Extension, because I know that'll happen while I'm at work/school.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 21, 2010, 07:29:35 am »

By which you mean, Lonewolf, if it comes to the end of the day and it seems like SirBayer might be getting lynched, you'll just jump right on that, so you don't incriminate yourself.
Hey, you've even just set a precedent where you can explain away an accusation of bandwagoning.

I'd also like a vote count, please.

Also, please tell me people, that you didn't tl;dr my gigantic post there?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 21, 2010, 11:11:32 am »

1 extension request heard. 2 more to extend.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 21, 2010, 11:15:18 am »

extension and vote count please.
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 21, 2010, 12:40:53 pm »

Okay then. Scumteam is Tack, Webadict, and ToonyMan. Done deal.

Awesome stuff.

Tack starts spewing scumtells all over the place, Webadict puts the lamest fake-pressure on him I've ever seen. I catch Tack's screw-up, Webadict tries to divert my attention to himself (Toony promptly joins him), then defends Tack's decision to run away at the critical moment. He hasn't shown back up, by the way. Too soon to blame him, but if he misses today...

Gotcha.
You quote is a fail. You're basically FoSOMGUSing.

I'd also like to see how you can find saying "Stop buddying," as, "Look at me!" In fact, I'd like to see how putting ATTENTION ON MYSELF would benefit scum me ever?

Hey, beats attention on a newbie who can't figure out how to post without spraying scumtells all over the place, huh?

You can draw my attention. You know you can draw my attention. Well, forget you. I've got Tack now, and I'm not letting go.

Time ran out. Post properly later.

Extension, yes.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 21, 2010, 01:25:14 pm »

Extension granted. New deadline is Friday, 5PM.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 21, 2010, 01:31:38 pm »

Votecount

Zai --
Org 1-- Elegy,
Elegy -3- Zai, Org, Tack,
Pandarsenic --
Jokerman-EXE --
Tack -1- SirBayer,
Webadict --
Lonewolf I --
ToonyMan --
SirBayer -1- ToonyMan,
Mr.Person --

Not Voting: Lonewolf I, Jokerman-EXE, Pandarsenic, Mr.Person, Webadict,

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 21, 2010, 03:20:25 pm »

Sirbayer, you were 'buddying' three times, to two different people.
I made a statement, for the benefit of town, and you said it was a scumslip.

Because it was, and Webadict seems to find the need to defend the hell out of you.

Buddying: I hardly think I'm doing anything like what you, Toony, and Webby are on about. This is fucking retarded and you three know it. You're acting as a group, following each other around - DOES NO ONE ELSE SEE THIS?

Quote from: Tack
'Innocuous evidence' is a shitty word, but as far as I can tell, you're trying to ramp up evidence on me so that you can start a bandwagon. If you manage to get me lynched, that's another day you can stay in the cover, and another two townies who die.

Why would I be trying to start a bandwagon? Why the hell would you even say that? That's stupid and you're stupid.

And hey, guess what? "ramping up evidence" is what you do to SCUMHUNT. Not that you'd know, scumbucket.

Also, telling me to 'pick my own arguments', again, is stupid. In your own logic, that means that you can't get up me for something that someone else has picked up, because this means you're using someone else's arguments. If someone has evidence on you, then I'll damn well assess it for my own investigation. If their victim dies and flips scum, then I can also use that to help prove, or go towards proving, a person's town-ishness, because again, the only reason a mafia would attack another mafia is when the other mafia has no chance of survival.

Are you fucking kidding me? Is this the best you have to offer me?

You didn't even - wait a second, is this even the right game? I'm pretty sure I'm hammering on you for using someone else's arguments in BYOT. Are you in the right game here?

Also, thanks for the WIFOM. "The only reason a mafia would attack another mafia is when the other mafia has no chance of survival." No, that's stupid and you're stupid. If you never interact with another Mafia player, it becomes obvious that you're avoiding them.

So Webadict's little lamest push in the world is just an excuse to prevent that connection from becoming undeniable.

Let me know if you have any more questions or accusations I can address.

What, you think that's just going to resolve it? That's ridiculous and you're ridiculous.

And here we go into something even worse:

To my eyes, the scumteam consists of Elegy, Lonewolf1, and SirBayer.

Lonewolf1 and SirBayer.
I can't piece as much concrete evidence on this as the above, however, as far as I can tell they are both attempting to begin a bandwagon on me. Yes, OMGUSsy, but, it seems to work.

WHAT THE HELL? You're accusing US of bandwagoning YOU? Hey, retard, look who has one vote on him? YOU! Hey, guess who just dropped the third vote on Elegy - the universally acknowledged bandwagon vote? YOU DID! This is so ridiculously obvious.

Both of them could easily have agreed to hit at me in scumchat, and they then begin to fill the pages with posts attacking me. While I wasn't in the right state of mind to defend against these claims, I still probably couldn't have stopped the secondary effect.

Wow. So now you're just reading straight off of what you're actively doing and blaming it on me, with a heaping helping of WIFOM to perk the mix up. This is pathetic.

Attention. A lot of posts, from 'many' different people, attacking me. And it keeps going. Reading back through the last few pages, I was barraged with evidence on Tack. Tack isn't replying, refute Tack's answers, Tack is a bumbling idiot.
Anything SirBayer could get on me, seems to have worked- including him pulling that stupid webadict spoiler. It had no effect on whether or not I could have been scum, and instead just pulled me into the spotlight more for no particular reason. Unless- he's scum and wants to start a bandwagon on me.

I don't even understand your argument here. You're getting attention because you're SCUM. You don't like it because you're SCUM. This can't be simpler. This can't be any more obvious. This is pathetic.

TOWNIES, please actually read what I'm talking about here. That means all you people who aren't voting, and all you people who are getting distracted with Elegy. Elegy's new, or maybe an SK, or hell if I know. I have the scum right in front of you on a golden plate. Now get over here and help out.

You wouldn't be hopping on a band wagon in the first place Lonewolf, band wagonning is not something you're suppose to do, if you have valid points that aren't nothing/rehashed then you're fine man.

Let's see.

Okay then. Scumteam is Tack, Webadict, and ToonyMan. Done deal.

Awesome stuff.

Tack starts spewing scumtells all over the place, Webadict puts the lamest fake-pressure on him I've ever seen. I catch Tack's screw-up, Webadict tries to divert my attention to himself (Toony promptly joins him), then defends Tack's decision to run away at the critical moment. He hasn't shown back up, by the way. Too soon to blame him, but if he misses today...

Gotcha.
Hahaha, you just decided the scum team through one paragraph, that has got to be a sham.  Why didn't you bother yesterday?  Not the time?

I'm going to Unvote and vote SirBayer in fact, for his odd attack on Vector (who was town) and defending me the whole day against Vector.  Plus the fact with the enlightenment of Tack's newest posts.

It wasn't clear yesterday.

It's clear now.

Same, but talking about Vector's lynch. Wasn't clear then, is now.

I also don't believe Tack is scum. Simple as that.

Are you serious?

This is ridiculous.

That was a SCUMSLIP, Webadict. You should be jumping on people who do things like this. This isn't even remotely like you! You're angry when people don't listen to you when you're right.

My God, this is so obvious.

Why on earth is HALF THE TOWN NOT VOTING?

While the above paragraph could be shaken off as OMGUS- hopefully when I flip town it'll mean more.
However:

I also noticed that SirBayer, coming in late, also didn't have to answer the question of 'Who would you pick as your scumteam', or at least not in pages four, five, and six, where he first started posting. In fact, he was quiet at the start even after he'd started posting, possibly picking out who are the weak town targets.

Again, I only have suspicion on Lonewolf1 and SirBayer, something which I'll need to read back more to find.
However, Elegy reeks of scum to me. He makes scumslips, he doesn't answer questions that wouldn't be beneficial for scum to answer, and, Don't lynch me for this, but he's a sensible choice for a scumteam.
As I said at the start (Something which Lonewolf1 seemed to have jumped on). I'd have picked him if I was godfather.
[/quote]
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 21, 2010, 03:27:57 pm »

Balls, quotes got broken. NO time to fix 'em. Hope it still makes sense.

FAKEEDIT: It does. That end portion was something I forgot to respond to.

While the above paragraph could be shaken off as OMGUS- hopefully when I flip town it'll mean more.
However:

I also noticed that SirBayer, coming in late, also didn't have to answer the question of 'Who would you pick as your scumteam', or at least not in pages four, five, and six, where he first started posting. In fact, he was quiet at the start even after he'd started posting, possibly picking out who are the weak town targets.

Hey, check what I posted. I forgot the game existed. I also answered the scumteam question. Apparently just as in the Webadict spoilers case, you can't be assed to read them. FInd that link to the scumteam later.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Reboot
« Reply #491 on: September 21, 2010, 03:46:03 pm »

I think I officially suspect Webadict, ToonyMan, SirBayer, and Pandarsenic.

Especially the first two.

Because, quite simply, you've got nothing on me, and I think you're only pursuing me to get the attention off yourself.
But hey, I'll address your concerns out of courtesy.

So, you defend your scumslip with more WIFOM?  That doesn't help at all.  Try harder.

Yeah, seeing as you still don't enjoy taking the time to actually read people's posts, I can guess that you're just hitting at me in desperation to get an easy lynch. As far as I can tell, you've done nothing but throw around suspicions, really.
This FoS for 'buddying' on Toony, as well, shouts to me like you're just trying to throw fear around.

Elegy, if you're using that post to try and example me as scum, you either don't know how to play the game, or you're trying to WIFOM us all. Try again, yes?

Here's my Official suspicions.
Lonewolf1 As godfather, who chose Elegy and Zai.

Here's my unofficial suspicions.
SirBayer and Toonyman, one for lurking, the other for sidelining. Also Mr.Person and Vector.

Also, could we get a vote count up in here?

...My god, do you EVER come up with your own ideas?

Vector was right. I was so stupid. Vector was right.

FAKEEDIT: Maybe I didn't ever post my scumteam thoughts...? I've had them. Later, if youd emand them.
Rules are for suckers.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 21, 2010, 03:46:50 pm »

Everyone attacking you SirBayer is scum, yep.  Makes sense to me.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 21, 2010, 04:01:26 pm »

Not Voting: Lonewolf I, Jokerman-EXE, Pandarsenic, Mr.Person, Webadict,

uhhh
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 21, 2010, 04:39:30 pm »

There was really no answer I had in mind when I made that statement in the first place. If people really honest to god want to know who I think is scummy or town, I couldn't tell them. I think everyone has done at least something to earn my suspicion this game (as well it should be in a mafia game).

But right now, I want Org to talk a little more. His defense of his vote-hopping in day one was incredibly weak, and his prompt OMGUSing of me afterwards, which has continued to now is also very scummy.
...You are so obvscum it's terrible. It's like Elegy saw that Vector (townie) using hypocritical arguments was pretty much what got her lynched, then thought that town wouldn't want to lynch another person for being hypocritical. But Death Song took hypocrisy to a whole new level, and became even more suspicious. "sry officer i cnt tell who is scum or town. vre1 is suspicious. ORG I WANT YOU TO TALK MORE"

Buddying: I hardly think I'm doing anything like what you, Toony, and Webby are on about. This is fucking retarded and you three know it. You're acting as a group, following each other around - DOES NO ONE ELSE SEE THIS?
I see something like that, but Elegy's scummier.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57