Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76263 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Reboot
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2010, 09:42:30 pm »

Unvote. Lonewolf.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2010, 09:45:05 pm »

ZAI: IN HINDSIGHT I GUESS IT'S NOT REALLY BAD, HENSE WHY I DIDN'T THINK YOU WERE ACTING VERY SCUMMY AT THE TIME.
...Okay, now let's just pair this with what you recently said:
Not sure what OMGUS is, but I know what I said was not hypocritical. Tack provided no reasoning of his own when he FoS'd me. I had reason and a question for FoSing Zai (who I had said I thought was mildly suspicious earlier)
Now, why would you go bragging about having been suspicious of me prior to FoSing me, if you didn't really think what I did was scummy? Spewing words out before thinking?

You also aren't following up on your FoS "question," seen here:
Speaking of, throwing a second vote on so soon, Zai?
I asked you what you meant by this, but I can see how it could get caught up in the middle of the posts.

ELEGY: What did you mean by that "question"?

Also. Why did you OMGUS me with an FoS?

ORG: What are you doing?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2010, 09:47:23 pm »

What am I not doing?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2010, 09:48:50 pm »

I dunno, Jokerman. I think he was just trying to be helpful.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2010, 09:50:02 pm »

Tack, I've changed my vote once. I've also answered every question been asked of me.

What the hell are you talking about.

@ Zai: A FoS isn't a vote. I'm merely harmlessly retaliating to your vote with a question and a finger (GUESS WHICH ONE). It seemed scummy that you would go and toss your vote on me when you seemed to have found more scummy players that you were attacking in different threads. That you would drop a vote on me for the same reason as Mr. Person without giving me time to respond to Mr. Person looks like bandwagoning to me.

So that's what I meant: "Why are you bandwagoning"

Also: "Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
Walt Whitman, "Song of Myself"
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2010, 09:51:09 pm »

I love that poem, but contradictions are pretty much the biggest scumtell around.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2010, 09:52:57 pm »

Lonewolf I, what's the deal?

You come out of nowhere to vote for Tack. Which would be fine except that you claim that not only do you not think he's scum, but you're just "pressuring" him. Then you go silent for a while, but leave your vote in place. When you come back, you sink your teeth into Tack with a vengeance.

So what is it? Do you still think he's not scum, or are you simply trying to slip by with your vote in place and hope that no one notices you creating the start of what could become an easy bandwagon? Because it feels to me like you're prompting people to kick the new guy before he knows how to fight back.
Because I didn't think he was scum, and I was just pressuring him.  Me going silent for a while was when I was running around town getting my car inspected and registered, and then spending the afternoon cleaning it.  I come back and find that Tack is only digging himself deeper into the hole, so I'm applying more pressure.

Don't dodge the direct question, Lonewolf. Do you currently think he's scum or not?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2010, 09:55:52 pm »

I love that poem, but contradictions are pretty much the biggest scumtell around.

Had the contradiction been about something serious, I would happily agree. Elsewise, I'm gonna join my buddy W.W. over here and say, "yeah shit happens. I'M HUGE." Which is exactly what he meant.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2010, 09:56:32 pm »

Lonewolf I, what's the deal?

You come out of nowhere to vote for Tack. Which would be fine except that you claim that not only do you not think he's scum, but you're just "pressuring" him. Then you go silent for a while, but leave your vote in place. When you come back, you sink your teeth into Tack with a vengeance.

So what is it? Do you still think he's not scum, or are you simply trying to slip by with your vote in place and hope that no one notices you creating the start of what could become an easy bandwagon? Because it feels to me like you're prompting people to kick the new guy before he knows how to fight back.
Because I didn't think he was scum, and I was just pressuring him.  Me going silent for a while was when I was running around town getting my car inspected and registered, and then spending the afternoon cleaning it.  I come back and find that Tack is only digging himself deeper into the hole, so I'm applying more pressure.

Don't dodge the direct question, Lonewolf. Do you currently think he's scum or not?
Yes. I think his including himself under the 'Low Profile' description and calling people out as scum for it is a scumslip rather than a newbslip.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2010, 09:57:45 pm »

Unvote. Lonewolf.
And, done.

Seriously, you're done, Org.

As much fun as it is to be unnecessarily anti-Town, you're ging to have to die now.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2010, 09:58:15 pm »

Hahahahahaha.
Nope.

Okay. Srs Bsns time.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2010, 10:00:31 pm »

Hahahahahaha.
Nope.

Okay. Srs Bsns time.
I'm sorry, was it alright to act like that if you yell "LOL JK" right afterwards?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2010, 10:01:41 pm »

Elegy seems not to be keeping a low profile. as some people pointed out. He seems to e being talked about much.
Not exactly low profile.
But he is being passive. Passive is bad, which makes you scum, Elegy.
I also seem to remember a more verbose Elegy in other posts not pertaining to mafia, but this is just a random bit of information as he has not played more than a single known game, making it useless.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2010, 10:05:47 pm »

Also, how have I not been attacking anyone? I currently have a question pending on both Mr. Person and Tack, and have been having a back and forth with Zai for the entire game.

Whereas you have just been giving throwing a reasonless vote around whenever you can so that people think "oh, he is so silly, there is no way he is scum"

Don't make up a fake attack on a percieved easy target if you have no evidence to back it up. It goes double if you're being an enormous hypocrite in your reasoning.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2010, 10:08:03 pm »

@ Zai: A FoS isn't a vote.
No shit, man. THANKS FOR THE GREAT ADVICE. I'LL BE SURE TO STORE THIS AWAY IN MY MEMORY BANKS IN THE AREA WHERE I PUT STUFF I ALREADY KNEW. If you're saying an FoS can't be an OMGUS, you're wrong.

I'm merely harmlessly retaliating to your vote with a question and a finger (GUESS WHICH ONE).
OMGUS shit ain't harmless. OMGUS shit be real.

It seemed scummy that you would go and toss your vote on me when you seemed to have found more scummy players that you were attacking in different threads.
Nice of you to decide who I think is most scummy for me, Dead Dirge! Too bad I like to keep each game I'm playing in separate from the others.

That you would drop a vote on me for the same reason as Mr. Person without giving me time to respond to Mr. Person looks like bandwagoning to me.
Let's look at where M.P voted you and where I voted you:

Spoiler: M.P (click to show/hide)
SUMMARY: "You ignore Tack and Zai and claim they're both slightly scummy. WEAK PASSIVE ATTACK!"
Spoiler: Me (click to show/hide)
SUMMARY: "Your reason for me being scummy is bullshit (you later admit this). ELEGY IS PASSIVE MOTHERFUCKER. This post followed him unvoting Web without voting someone else. WHO LOOKS LIKE SCUM AND WHY, ELEGY? Also lul at Elegy asking Org for his opinion of Tack, then when Org doesn't respond and Web asks him a question, Elegy is incredibly noncommittal about Tack and myself, saying neither is overtly scummy."

So that's what I meant: "Why are you bandwagoning"
RETCON FROM YOUR SCUMBUDDIES.

[PPE:]
Don't make up a fake attack on a percieved easy target if you have no evidence to back it up. It goes double if you're being an enormous hypocrite in your reasoning.
Wait so who are you talking to here? It looks like you might be talking to yourself.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 57