Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76286 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Reboot
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2010, 09:00:37 pm »

Also:

SIRBAYER, SHOW UP OR SO HELP ME I'M GOING TO TURN YOUR HEAD INTO AN AVOCADO.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2010, 09:06:38 pm »

b]Mr. Person[/b], there have been others who haven't been ready to commit to saying somebody is scummy or not. I.E. Webadict a few posts back. Why single me out? It would be fairly easy for scum to try to lynch a new player on day one.
More like I.E. you. See the post where I voted you.

Speaking of, throwing a second vote on so soon, Zai?
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you saying it was scummy for me to switch votes? That's ludicrous, you know it, I know it, and you should be ashamed for suggesting it. Surely you FoSing me doesn't have anything to do with the fact I voted you!

Tack, you are also under a lot of heat so far, throwing a blue "vote" my way without any reason only adds to your already scummy behavior. Explain your reasoning. Or don't, scum.
"Blue vote(s)" are called FoS(s), for Finger(s) of Suspicion. FoS can be used as a verb.

OMGUS, I see. The last posts do make sense. I mean, are you suggesting that Zai is bussing his partner?
Okay, I admit I laughed. For the record, me voting Elegy in the first iteration was to stay consistent with me saying "policy lynches on you from now on" in an unrelated thread (I believe his Intro thread in GD).

ORG: Care to say why? Easy bandwagon is easy.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2010, 09:06:50 pm »

Also:

SIRBAYER, SHOW UP OR SO HELP ME I'M GOING TO TURN YOUR HEAD INTO AN AVOCADO.
Is it bad that I thought this said, "Show help me" and I thought, "I show will."

Zai.
Throw in some reasoning, pal.

CONDENSE YOUR WRITING THEN :I
You're Caps Lock is on.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2010, 09:08:06 pm »

You yell at me and I yell at you.

We're one big dysfunctional family, Webface :3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2010, 09:09:31 pm »

Tack, you are also under a lot of heat so far, throwing a blue "vote" my way without any reason only adds to your already scummy behavior. Explain your reasoning. Or don't, scum.

Hypocrisy and OMGUS.

Scumbag.

Not sure what OMGUS is, but I know what I said was not hypocritical. Tack provided no reasoning of his own when he FoS'd me. I had reason and a question for FoSing Zai (who I had said I thought was mildly suspicious earlier)

So.

Yeah.
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2010, 09:14:38 pm »

Unvote.
Webadict.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2010, 09:16:42 pm »

OMGUS: Someone attacks you and your instinct is to attack them back.  I noticed you did this in the previous game.  It's a kneejerk reaction for you as scum.

Hypocrisy: You say "Tack, you're under a lot of heat!  Let me vote you because you think I'm suspicious for (unknown reasons)."

Just before that, you FoS Zai for throwing a second vote "so soon."

If it's too soon for Zai, why isn't it too soon for you?

Unvote.
Webadict.

Surely you are capable of speech, Org.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2010, 09:21:03 pm »

You OMGUS'd me, when you voted for me for throwing blue votes at you. It's short for 'OH MY GOD, YOU SUCK!'

Anyway, Zai has gone from Attempting to pick apart my arguments with glee, to spouting fire and bullshit. And nobody likes the smell of shit on fire.

Anyway, I realised I have been a bit of a loose cannon here, and that isn't helpful for any of us, so
In order to make my choices as clear as possible, and because I've made some new ones-
Zai I shouldn't need any specific reasons, if you've been reading. But so far all it seems is that he's made little sense at the start, and then begun to OMGUS a lot. And gotten really, really heated with the OMGUS.
Lonewolf Because he, I, and Elegy are the three prime candidates for low profile players. I also get the feeling he's just sitting and snickering at us all. And while  learned not to trust my hunches, damned if I'm gonna let him snicker.
Elegy. Not because he voted for me. One, he's a prime candidate for low profile, Two, he's bandwagoning, Three he's not providing answers to questions, and Four, he's changing votes a lot.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2010, 09:24:21 pm »

Tack, I've changed my vote once. I've also answered every question been asked of me.

What the hell are you talking about.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2010, 09:24:26 pm »

Unvote. Vector.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2010, 09:26:45 pm »

We get it, ORG. We got it after your first vote change.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2010, 09:31:17 pm »

Not sure what OMGUS is, but I know what I said was not hypocritical. Tack provided no reasoning of his own when he FoS'd me. I had reason and a question for FoSing Zai (who I had said I thought was mildly suspicious earlier)
Mm...hmm. Let's see. What you said about me earlier:

I'd like a few more people to post more, or at least post at all before I start to really make some judgements over this game.

As it stands, Tack has been saying some pretty illogical things. Zai has also been playing fairly aggresively. I'm not convinced either action is overtly scummy, though, as I have a limited player base to compare them to.
You said I was "fairly aggressive," but never said how that was bad.

ELEGY: HOW IS BEING AGGRESSIVE BAD?

[PPE:] ..."begun to OMGUS a lot", Tack? Where? Don't tell me you're including Elegy stating his extremely passive "suspicions" of us both (see above quote) and then me voting him for being an extremely passive scum as OMGUS. And what do you mean "gotten really, really heated with the OMGUS"? Because saying someone used OMGUS when they didn't is another one of my Mafia pet-peeves. Off the top of my head:

Claiming meta that isn't there
Claiming OMGUS that wasn't there just because the scum had their vote/"suspicions" listed first (if there's an actual reason given, odds are it's not an OMGUS vote)
Claiming somebody was defending another person when they weren't

[PPE2:] Org. No. Just no.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2010, 09:32:28 pm »

Lonewolf I, what's the deal?

You come out of nowhere to vote for Tack. Which would be fine except that you claim that not only do you not think he's scum, but you're just "pressuring" him. Then you go silent for a while, but leave your vote in place. When you come back, you sink your teeth into Tack with a vengeance.

So what is it? Do you still think he's not scum, or are you simply trying to slip by with your vote in place and hope that no one notices you creating the start of what could become an easy bandwagon? Because it feels to me like you're prompting people to kick the new guy before he knows how to fight back.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2010, 09:33:18 pm »

ZAI: IN HINDSIGHT I GUESS IT'S NOT REALLY BAD, HENSE WHY I DIDN'T THINK YOU WERE ACTING VERY SCUMMY AT THE TIME.

I mean time.

Sorry, shift key got stuck.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2010, 09:41:23 pm »

You OMGUS'd me, when you voted for me for throwing blue votes at you. It's short for 'OH MY GOD, YOU SUCK!'

Anyway, Zai has gone from Attempting to pick apart my arguments with glee, to spouting fire and bullshit. And nobody likes the smell of shit on fire.

Anyway, I realised I have been a bit of a loose cannon here, and that isn't helpful for any of us, so
In order to make my choices as clear as possible, and because I've made some new ones-
Zai I shouldn't need any specific reasons, if you've been reading. But so far all it seems is that he's made little sense at the start, and then begun to OMGUS a lot. And gotten really, really heated with the OMGUS.
Lonewolf Because he, I, and Elegy are the three prime candidates for low profile players. I also get the feeling he's just sitting and snickering at us all. And while  learned not to trust my hunches, damned if I'm gonna let him snicker.
Elegy. Not because he voted for me. One, he's a prime candidate for low profile, Two, he's bandwagoning, Three he's not providing answers to questions, and Four, he's changing votes a lot.
So...you're going to completely ignore my counters to your meager defenses
Spoiler: here? (click to show/hide)
On top of that, your list is a load of bull. 
Zai - You shouldn't need any specific reasons?  I have been reading, and I haven't seen any.  You do need them.  Post them. 
Lonewolf I - What do you mean 'Low Profile'?  Are we three lurking or something?  New?  Why isn't SirBayer included?
Elegy - Why do you keep spouting 'Low Profile' as a scumtell, while including yourself in the group?  Are you saying you're scum?

Lonewolf I, what's the deal?

You come out of nowhere to vote for Tack. Which would be fine except that you claim that not only do you not think he's scum, but you're just "pressuring" him. Then you go silent for a while, but leave your vote in place. When you come back, you sink your teeth into Tack with a vengeance.

So what is it? Do you still think he's not scum, or are you simply trying to slip by with your vote in place and hope that no one notices you creating the start of what could become an easy bandwagon? Because it feels to me like you're prompting people to kick the new guy before he knows how to fight back.
Because I didn't think he was scum, and I was just pressuring him.  Me going silent for a while was when I was running around town getting my car inspected and registered, and then spending the afternoon cleaning it.  I come back and find that Tack is only digging himself deeper into the hole, so I'm applying more pressure.

Unvote.
Webadict.

Unvote. Vector.
OMGUS much?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57