Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76245 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Reboot
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2010, 01:29:41 pm »

I don't remember using meta to defend myself this game.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2010, 01:36:31 pm »

Elegy, do you think you would've been picked again?

Should probably answer this sometime, even though you've already changed your vote by now:

No.

unvote webadict, thank you for your answer.

Org, how do you feel about Tack's arguments so far this game? Do you think they are overtly scummy, or do you think he is simply a town who hasn't gotten the concept of the game down yet?
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2010, 01:43:53 pm »

Elegy, do you think you would've been picked again?

Should probably answer this sometime, even though you've already changed your vote by now:

No.

unvote webadict, thank you for your answer.

Org, how do you feel about Tack's arguments so far this game? Do you think they are overtly scummy, or do you think he is simply a town who hasn't gotten the concept of the game down yet?
Are you scum?

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2010, 01:51:00 pm »

Nope

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2010, 01:51:46 pm »

Any idea who is?

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2010, 01:53:57 pm »

I'd like a few more people to post more, or at least post at all before I start to really make some judgements over this game.

As it stands, Tack has been saying some pretty illogical things. Zai has also been playing fairly aggresively. I'm not convinced either action is overtly scummy, though, as I have a limited player base to compare them to.

Same question, webadict.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2010, 04:01:23 pm »

Town is supposed to be somewhat aggressive.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2010, 04:21:31 pm »

I'd like a few more people to post more, or at least post at all before I start to really make some judgements over this game.

As it stands, Tack has been saying some pretty illogical things. Zai has also been playing fairly aggresively. I'm not convinced either action is overtly scummy, though, as I have a limited player base to compare them to.

Same question, webadict.

I'd like to hear something more concrete out of you, Elegy. Why'd you ignore both of them and claim they were both acting slightly scummy? That sounds like a really weak passive attack to me. If you didn't know what to think about them, why'd you let them go without figuring it out?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2010, 05:06:21 pm »

this is like a crazy courtroom drama almost B)

ignore my peanut gallery comment it will not happen again

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2010, 05:07:33 pm »

Same question, webadict.
I'm not sure yet. Ill get back to you when I do, though.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2010, 05:32:29 pm »

Unvote Josh. He's being chill and has left for a magical adventure.

2) How is being aggressive anti-town? I don't want Vector answering this (who first said I was over-aggressive), I want you. 'Cause it looks like you just stole that line from her after a while.
Because, to be honest, it looks like you pulled this entire mafia game out of Dakaran's bible. Which is great, I guess, but after having Vester point the finger at you, I decided to look at some of your previous games and, you were in fact a lot more mellow as town.
Where's Dak's Bible? I like how you didn't actually answer the fucking question, Tack.

And once again: mood-swings. I'm getting them. I'm getting them hard.

And while you can claim that your meta is innaccurate and out of date, the way you're pouncing on me for declaiming you has the bitter hint of OMGUS to it.
That's not why I'm "pouncing" on you. I'm "pouncing" because your posts are ridiculous. Which I'll get back to before the end of this post.

4) I agree, attracting attention to oneself is bad. But it also wouldn't help my team if I was scum, unless I just really really really wanted to be bussed this early on, which is a terrible fucking idea. I really don't see why you're even including that in a list of why I'm allegedly scum, as it's bad no matter what side I'm on; it's even worse for scum due to smaller numbers.
I really don't know what I can say to this without being offensive.
Then be offensive you goddamned twat. If this is how you play town, you still have quite a bit to learn.

5) What happened to me being too much of a longtime player to be overly defensive as scum? You seem to have thrown that right out the window.
Oh, that was a mixture of sarcasm and WIFOM. Don't take it personally.
That wasn't WIFOM, dumbass. Get a brief refresher course on it if you need to. (Hint: You need to.) All you did was passively insult me, with sarcasm. No WIFOM was involved.

But anyway, The fact is, Townies have nothing to fear, and therefore I really won't bother making a case for myself. 9 out of 10 of first day lynches are town anyway, So if I can take the hit as the (second) least experienced player here, then I'll be closer to having a win for the team- or, I won't be making it easy for scum by having a good player lynched.
Since you never responded to mine or Josh's responses to the above post: What the hell is wrong with you?

Zai has also been playing fairly aggresively. I'm not convinced either action is overtly scummy, though
And it's well you shouldn't. Playing "fairly aggressively" as you put it is quite good for town to do.

The above quoted post as a whole: Elegy being really fucking passive. That follows the post where he unvotes Web and doesn't vote anybody else. Step it up or get out. AT THIS EXACT MOMENT, WHO LOOKS LIKE SCUM AND WHY, ELEGY? THERE HAS TO BE SOMEONE WHO LOOKS SCUMMY. If not, push somebody. And I mean push, not just poke.

I find it funny how in this post, Death Salsa asked Org for his opinion. Then when Org didn't respond for a while, and Web prompts him for his opinion of who's scum, he simply shares his completely noncommittal opinion on Tack and myself, saying neither of us is overtly scummy, and doesn't vote either of us.

VOTE SOMEBODY, ELEGY. AND PUSH THEM. Because right now you are being scummily passive.

Should I have received a second pm?
I am confused.
ORG: When did you receive your first PM from Ed?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2010, 05:35:06 pm »

Last game?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2010, 05:41:13 pm »

What was the 2nd PM about? Was it just telling you your role for this iteration?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2010, 05:41:57 pm »

Should I have received a second pm?
I am confused.
ORG: When did you receive your first PM from Ed?

What was the 2nd PM about? Was it just telling you your role for this iteration?
Somebody's (Zai) scum.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2010, 05:42:29 pm »

I never got a second pm.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 57