Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43

Author Topic: BYOR 5 - Night 3: Under Con-Troll.  (Read 70274 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 5 - Night 1: Drugs? In This Neighborhood!?
« Reply #465 on: September 24, 2010, 11:25:07 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Pandarsenic - Tylui, breadbocks, Archangel,
Archangel - Zathras,
Toaster - Vector,
Vector - ToonyMan,

Given this, I unvote Archangel, and vote Vector; that way, I think Archangel can't use his Mjollnir (hrm!) power to get rid of Pandar too soon, as it would be a tie.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 5 - Day 2: Trolls Galore
« Reply #466 on: September 24, 2010, 11:35:46 pm »

The pattern isn't "no pattern," Zathras.  I choose things that are symbolically or structurally interesting.  As you may be able to tell, I'm a bit of a romantic.  "Potted plant" was an inside joke with myself; I happen to think they're kind of funny.  I liked the image of the roses and the clean symmetry of "elegance and clarity."

Well, anyway.  Enough rolespec.

Personally, I think that the Webadict will raise whoever he thinks will be least likely to implicate him.  We will obviously know who he chose and why that player is suddenly alive, so his only real option is to try to pin the thing on someone else... i.e., anyone he raises will really be functionally useless in terms of forcing information on one individual or another.

Resurrecting good scumhunters is also not going to work well, since no one will listen to their allegations.  That leaves us with people who will be useful in the cultchat, to look at what's going on in-thread and help figure out how to escape tight spots.  Since a new player probably really needs that help and a more experienced one will thrive on the WIFOM, it seems that would be the dominant strategy in this situation.

I'm not sure if I think Toaster is the Webadict.  What I think is that he's some brand of scummy failure who has done nothing to make me want to remove my vote.  Though the bit about MBP seems legit enough, I'm left wondering how Toaster's analysis has suddenly popped up now, when it is convenient for it to appear.  Looks like he just wanted to talk about who might be the Webadict without actually doing any work... creating a smokescreen, as it were. 

Toaster, who is scum other than MBP?  I want at least two names and plenty of reasons.

Hrm.

Breadbocks, who do you think is mafia, who do you think is town, and why?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 24, 2010, 11:44:51 pm »

Temporarily voting Vector to shield myself in case Archangel gets funny ideas.

I think Archangel is more likely to be Mafia than SK.

Anyone who is resurrected should be assumed to be scum until proven otherwise.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 24, 2010, 11:54:55 pm »

[..]That leaves us with people who will be useful in the cultchat, to look at what's going on in-thread and help figure out how to escape tight spots.  Since a new player probably really needs that help and a more experienced one will thrive on the WIFOM, it seems that would be the dominant strategy in this situation.

[Shortly thereafter...]

Hrm.

Yeah! Call your minion over to the cultchat so you can tell him what to say, just as you did yesterday, instructing him on the best way to talk about his resurrection. The more I look at it, the better it fits...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 25, 2010, 12:00:34 am »

Yeah! Call your minion over to the cultchat so you can tell him what to say, just as you did yesterday, instructing him on the best way to talk about his resurrection. The more I look at it, the better it fits...

... I am not the Webadict.  My hope is that if I kick breadbocks around enough, we will be able to determine the identity of the Webadict.  I suggest that others who want information on the Webadict do the same, in addition to their other activities.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 25, 2010, 12:02:13 am »

Zathras has a point - why should we care about anything breadbocks has to say? Whatever comes from his mouth (hands?) is pure WIFOM.

If you guys want, we can lynch breadbocks to see his alignment. However, Trollflips are going to complicate things.

SOLLUX CAPTOR, CLAIM AND VOLUNTEER TO BE LYNCHED IF YOU ARE NOT SCUM.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 25, 2010, 12:07:57 am »

Zathras has a point - why should we care about anything breadbocks has to say? Whatever comes from his mouth (hands?) is pure WIFOM.

I was thinking about what we could do with breadbocks--how he might become useful, in other words.  Both the Webadict and the rest of us want to hunt scum.  It behooves breadbocks to scumhunt, and in analyzing his behavior we might be able to discover something.

Remember... he's a complete newb, and it's harder to direct newbs via scumchat than one might think (it's never worked for me, anyway).  He won't be able to set up the elaborate WIFOM traps that a more advanced player would be able to manage.  He will slip.  Now we just need to force him to do that.  If he doesn't participate, then our mod will kill him for us and save us the trouble.

So.

Let's get this party started.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 25, 2010, 12:15:49 am »

He doesn't have to be elaborate, just obnoxious/useless.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 25, 2010, 12:21:51 am »

He doesn't have to be elaborate, just obnoxious/useless.

Bleh.  I guess maybe he could get away with posting "P" every 24 hours, but I was hoping Webadict wouldn't allow it.

Oh, well... guess that's one plan out the window.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 25, 2010, 12:24:34 am »

Not just that - voting for people who are obviously not scum, saying "GEE [PLAYED SELECTED VIA RANDOM.ORG] SURE LOOKS LIKE TOWN," that sort of bullshit.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 25, 2010, 12:32:48 am »

Yeah, but on the other hand it would be to the Webadict's benefit to have two Webadict-aligned brains, rather than one, trying to kick scumtells =/  I personally think being non-useless would be more to the Webadict's benefit.

But oh well... what happens, happens.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 25, 2010, 12:58:09 am »

Decidedly Anti-Town:
Pandarsenic: The fact of the matter is, him telling us what the roles do before he gets NK'd tonight could be the difference between Town winning and scum winning. His revealing of some information, but not some important bits puts him in Solo 3rd Party zone.
Lonewolf I: He is too lurky for me. Scum.
Possibly Anti-Town:
IronyOwl: Seems rather silent. Not liking it.
Scatterbrain: He's been being a bit to quiet for my tastes.

Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 25, 2010, 01:02:26 am »

Second half of the question too, if you please.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 25, 2010, 01:07:21 am »

Pandarsenic: The fact of the matter is, him telling us what the roles do before he gets NK'd tonight could be the difference between Town winning and scum winning. His revealing of some information, but not some important bits puts him in Solo 3rd Party zone.

Bitch, you cannot threaten me. I cannot be slain. Therefore, no reason to compromise which town roles need to go.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 25, 2010, 01:32:29 am »

SOLLUX CAPTOR, CLAIM AND VOLUNTEER TO BE LYNCHED IF YOU ARE NOT SCUM.

Very well. The search for the troll will only distract from the search from the scum/cultist. I claim first hand knowledge that Org was Sollux Captor. I know this because he was a mason, and I am his mason buddy (for newbies: masons are a pair of townies that know each other to be town, and share a chat channel); we discussed our roles at the mason chat.

Amusingly, the trollflip thing was his hidden ability; he unknowingly triggered it just before his death, much to his surprise (and yells), and to wuba's laughs and sadistic joy. It's not just roleflips on death that are trollified, any role inspections on the living will also return "troll".

I held this back before knowing about the Webadict cult, because I hoped that breadbox would indeed use his resurrection pill on him, and perhaps he could make the trollflips go away, and also in the hopes that someone claimed it and I could then refute. Unfortunately, now we know that he won't come back as confirmed townie, but is merely zombie bait. Also unfortunately, I think it means we are stuck with the trollflips for the rest of the game.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43