Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43

Author Topic: BYOR 5 - Night 3: Under Con-Troll.  (Read 70141 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 5 - Day 2: Trolls Galore
« Reply #450 on: September 24, 2010, 09:16:34 pm »

Heh, nothing like a kick in the pants to get people back to posting. Good for you. This Pandar list of roles is awesome, and I certainly don't think he's lying. It all checks out to well for it to be a hoax. With that in mind, a few thoughts:

- breadbox, you are hosed. It now seems impossible that your resuscitation was by a good natured townie using a one-shot to get a CT; rather, it seems inevitable that you were The Webadict's first victim. The only way to dispel this suspicion is if whoever revived you steps forward now and claims, with details. Otherwise, you're hosed. Won't be lynched, probably, since you'll be harmless at night, and you already are at day. There'll be bigger fish to fry.

- Vector, you haven't done any real scumhunting so far (lots of talking about it, though), and your few votes have been insufficiently thought-out by your standards. I suspect you are scum trying to lay low and purposefully not commiting to the hunt. Are you the Webadict? I think you are just the right kind of person to pick it, and use it well.

- Tylui, Lonewolf, IronyOwl, Ottofar and MBP have been scarce on actual content and overall useless, and are suspicious for that reason, but I don't want to just paint the whole forum blue.

- ARCHANGEEEEEEELLLL!!!!... well, you did say to yell at you if you didn't post, and you've been online and active elsewhere.
Archangel, do you have an explanation for how your vote counts as "X" instead of a normal vote? I read elsewhere that you were off other games for a bit -- are you still active for this, or will you request a replacement?
Ah jest found out that mah vote dun' count fer nuthin'.
I'm not sure how long I have online today, so I'll post some analysis tomorrow, unless I don't have access to this computer. If I come online and do not do that, feel free to yell at me.
If you don't show up damn soon you'll be modkilled, so I won't have to worry about lynching you.

For those who missed it, Archangel is accused of being "Loki":
Archangel must be Loki. His vote doesn't count, but his abilities were:
1: Look exactly like another player for one night
2: An Auto Ability that makes people think whatever they target on him fails
3: The ability to instantly end the day with a hammer on whoever has the majority of votes.
The primary evidence being his admission that his vote doesn't count. Given this role's details, it can only be scum/SK, and if we don't lynch him (or gets modkilled), we'll lose another townie tonight.

Finally, can we get a vote count, Web?

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 24, 2010, 10:04:31 pm »

Oh my.

We have now lost three townies (Org, Person, Jokerman) and one scum (Zai). We also have a likely-confirmed townie (breadbox - thank the stars for ho-hum favours). Going back on Zai's interactions, I'm pretty sure Scatterbrain is also town (or at least not in the same scumteam as Zai).

- IronyOwl, you were the only person voting Scatterbrain at the end of the day. Do you think he is scum? If so, why? If not, why didn't you move your vote?
I was still somewhat wary of him, but never got around to asking further questions. It was also obvious who would be lynched at that point, so I didn't see anything vital that needed it.

I'm inclined to ask you your own question though, Zathras. You never responded to my response to your initial accusations, but still kept your vote on me until the end of the day. Why?

I'm also suspicious of your apparent defense of Scatterbrain- you didn't seem to mind any other bandwagons, nor did you address the validity of mine. You just FoS'd me for being the third vote on him, made baseless claims that you failed to defend, and upgraded your FoS to a vote, which was mostly the end of your D1 activity. D2 you promptly hopped back to it, plus accusing others of lack of content, despite doing little yourself.

If Scatterbrain's on a different scumteam than Zai, I think I know who his partner is.

If I may pose a question. Why are we eating out of Pandarsenic's hands? If there is one thing I've learned from Mafia, it's that you should never assume things. We seem to be assuming that Panda is town, and has no reason to lie. I do believe we need to take things with a grain of salt. For that reason, I think Pandarsenic is scum.

Also, if anyone asked me a question, could you please re-ask it? I got distracted by Panda's odd spouting of town-saving information.
We need to take things with a grain of salt, therefore Pandarsenic's lying. It's amusing to watch you squirm, cultspawn.

On the other hand, he did come up with "Jokerman's scum trying to get himself lynched to protect me because I'm scummy town," so I guess he could still be town. Trouble is, we have no known town rezzers, so it's looking like he's a Webadict.

NINJA:
3: The ability to instantly end the day with a hammer on whoever has the majority of votes.
The primary evidence being his admission that his vote doesn't count. Given this role's details, it can only be scum/SK, and if we don't lynch him (or gets modkilled), we'll lose another townie tonight.
There's suddenly a lot of people we want dead.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 24, 2010, 10:18:41 pm »

Just as a reminder, these are the three times Scatterbrain asked his question of me:
archangel! you are under my command! you will speculate as to when in the game your role-powers will become most useful!
nay, archangle! you cannot resist, the power of my avatar compels you to stop question dodging! look into his eyes, his adorable little eyes, and your will is no longer your own!.. and i practically never capialise anything on forums anymore!
yeah, it does that for me sometimes, it's kind of annoying.

oh, and:

dug commands you to stop question dodging!

Frankly, i doubt i have the time to make any interesting contribution to the game. labs have started, so have lab reports. I could Play in BYOR 4 since they were not started yet. Posted a few times on Twilight RTD, since its fast and dont demand huge amount of time from me. I drifted for about 2 days last week then got discouraged to read all that flab about scatterbrain breadbocks and all that. I'll actually be there tommorow (or rather today, at this hour) since i dont have any classes and got only 3-5 hours left to complete my work for the week.

Sleepy time, not really awaiting to have a bunch of people going OMG LURK KILL THE IDIOT BLUH, but that would be naive to expect otherwise.
If you don't have time to play, you should ask for a replacement.
Just do what I do, and first post defenses against accusations against yourself. ctrl-f is your friend. I only post attacks on others when I have time. Do things one at a time, not in huge pileups. Tests can be plain evil when you have them daily, but just quickly respond to any attacks before you go to school, and post your attacks on others when you can.
I think that it should be attack first, defence second, because that way people get your opinion and if you are lynched they gain a bit more information. But that's just me.
ARCHANGEEEEEEELLLL!!!!... well, you did say to yell at you if you didn't post, and you've been online and active elsewhere.
Yes I did. Unfortunately, I can't concentrate enough to do analysis.
I won't deny that that is my role, however I am neither scum nor SK. What Pandar didn't tell you was what the abilities were called. They were Shapeshifter, Trickster and Mjollnir. The two I chose were Mjollnir and Shapeshifter. I had no way of knowing what they did, and I was expecting something more like a one-shot kill with Mjollnir.
My gut tells me that there's something iffy about Pandar, especially the fact that he has kept his role from us, so:
Pandarsenic, what is your role?
Please also tell us what all the roles do, since you apparently know all of them.
I think we should get all the information Pandar has, then lynch him to confirm the validity of his claims.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 24, 2010, 10:30:31 pm »

Vector, you haven't done any real scumhunting so far (lots of talking about it, though), and your few votes have been insufficiently thought-out by your standards. I suspect you are scum trying to lay low and purposefully not commiting to the hunt. Are you the Webadict? I think you are just the right kind of person to pick it, and use it well.

I've been asking questions to gather intel and thinking.  At this point, there isn't much else I can do, scum-hunting-wise; I've been using some time AFK to speculate on the Pandarsenic-Webadict-WIFOM mess.  Let's assume that he's the Webadict.  Then he knows all the roles in the game, as well as what they do, and is a cult recruiter?  No, that's way too overpowered.  My very strong personal guess is that he's town, and we have a different dude running around.

So.  Who is it?  I went and opened up the OP, and most of the currently-living players are lurking.  Since Webadict will kill any scum who think they can lurk their way to victory, I can unvote Ottofar for now and get to business.

Tylui, who do you think is the Webadict, and why?

Toaster.

I'll go out on a limb here and say it's ToonyMan or Lonewolf.  Why?  Pandar is a prior winner, and got a power that is clearly very strong.  The Webadict is clearly a strong role- likely cult. ToonyMan, Lonewolf, and Jokerman are the other three prior winners, but Jokerman's dead.  Between the two, I'd lean toward Lonewolf.

Vector:  Because, for one, I think either Toony or Org is our troll.  Beyond that is meta- I see Lonewolf as more likely to turn in a Webadict role.

When I ask you a question, I expect more out of you than a couple of vague statements with no logic behind them.  "I suspect Lonewolf of being Webadict because meta" is just as well backed up as "The wrestler hit you because octopus."  What meta?  What, precisely, makes you lean towards Lonewolf?

Furthermore, if you're leaning towards him, then why aren't you questioning him?  Why aren't you attacking him?  Do you really have nothing to say to him at all?

You didn't have anything to ask MBP, either, even though he showed up to answer questions earlier today.  You should know by now that one scumtell does not a case make.

Clean up your act or you'll be swinging from the treetops by nightfall.

No, I'm not the Webadict.  Here is the list of my previous BYOR roles:

Bernard Riemann
A Potted Plant
One Thousand Paper Cranes
Twelve Red Roses and One White
Elegance and Clarity
Erik (Phantom of the Opera)

Does it still look like something I'd pick?  I'm not, of course, saying it's impossible--but I figured a little context might help your speculations.

Also: I think that we should focus on finding the Webadict/other scum today, rather than lynching Archangel, who I'm guessing is a survivor.  His skillgroup seems very geared to hiding, more than killing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 24, 2010, 10:49:39 pm »

Ill simply add, my role is plain to see to for most people. It comes witha permanent partial roleblock and i intend to use it on toaster , or archangel, depending on who get lynched.Maybe breadbocks, but i dont know if it would affect cult.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 24, 2010, 10:52:24 pm »

Dawww, it's so cute how Archangel's squirming.

Vector, if anything, I figured would be Existentialism and Nihilism.

MBP: Are you Gordon Freeman? Or perhaps Mega Man? Also, blocking breadbocks would be pointless - if he's cult he has no powers.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 24, 2010, 10:53:39 pm »

I think Mega-Man was Jokerman-Exe, and I'm guessing MBP is the TvTropes page.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 24, 2010, 10:56:40 pm »

My gut tells me that there's something iffy about Pandar, especially the fact that he has kept his role from us, so:
Please also tell us what all the roles do, since you apparently know all of them.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 24, 2010, 11:01:57 pm »

ha, my poor, poor little appliance, how idiotic would that be:P. I am not scummy, and would be pleased to answer question if you asked them. But really, i doubt that will happen, since you look pretty dead-set on accusing me since i voted for you at the very start of the game. Really, you seem single-minded to kill me. My proposition for you would be to check my reaction to actual question to get a better idea than the one you got in your little head, and maybe also checking the thread as a whole. I'm not the only one here, however you may wish it.

Are you serious?  You've yet to post any real content the entire game.  Did you read the post where I first voted you?  You've posted "more later" several times, but repeatedly failed to deliver.  If it's not blindingly obvious enough for you, I want to know who you suspect and why.  Don't tell me to ignore you because other people are playing.  That's how active lurking works- you hide behind more obvious players so you are unnoticed when attacks are flying around.

PPE:  MBP, you've said who you suspect.  Great.  All you've said is you suspect me because you think I've been OMGUSing you the whole game...?  Seriously?  Where are your attacks?

Vector:  It's a pretty hard sell, I admit.  I'm trying to guess what role someone would send in out of near-unlimited choices.  It's picking the kind of person who would say "Hey mod, I'll be you!"  If Solifuge was in the game, I'd say it was him in a heartbeat for his flippancy.  LW has always struck me as the kind of person who would say "Hell with it" and do something like that.  Again, I'm narrowing it down to those three (two, really) possibilities based on the Webadict role being a previous winner.  If it's a cult, that is really a pretty shoddy line of reasoning- BYOR 4 proved that third parties get better rolesets.  If you expand the search to the entire living playerbase, I don't think I could reliably narrow it down to him. 

LW's pokemon question seems to narrow down what his role is, though, so that knocks him out of the running.  I didn't ask him any questions because I had nothing other than "Are you the Webadict?"  That question's about as useful as asking someone if they are scum- of course they will say no.

My case on MBP is based on his repeated refusal to contribute.  I stand by my scumtell sign- it's my one and only one, and I consider it reliable.

Isn't it the case that survivors are generally anti-town?  If he's not with us, why not get rid of him?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 24, 2010, 11:04:57 pm »

As much as I hate to agree with a lurker, Archangel does have a point. Tell us what you know, that way if the scum NK you, which I'd say is pretty damn likely given what you know, we still have your knowledge. Also, what are you hiding that you won't tell us your own rolename?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 5 - Night 1: Drugs? In This Neighborhood!?
« Reply #460 on: September 24, 2010, 11:07:43 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Scatterbrain -
Tylui -
Zathras - IronyOwl,
Pandarsenic - Tylui, breadbocks, Archangel,
Lonewolf I -
Archangel - Zathras,
Toaster - Vector,
Ottofar -
Mysteriousbluepuppet - Toaster,
breadbocks - Scatterbrain,
ToonyMan - Pandarsenic,
Vector - ToonyMan,
IronyOwl -

Not Voting - Lonewolf I, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Ottofar,

Day Ends Monday At 9 PM Central. 7 To Hammer.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 24, 2010, 11:08:31 pm »

I think Mega-Man was Jokerman-Exe, and I'm guessing MBP is the TvTropes page.

Good guess Vector, Normally let chance determine how to get it. Its a permanent debuff, 50% to fail actions. By the same token, voting for me will give you the same.

Toaster. just pose a question you want me to answer ? Or continue fidgeting like a squirrel on speeds i don't really care. My "repeated refusal" is a nice construct of your feverish imagination. I said i was occupied by life, and could not contribute for while i had work. i said i would try to post later, and now i can. I will be able until monday when the lab will throw me back to hell. be certain, unless you get lynched now, Stupidity will be a fact of your life more than it already is.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 24, 2010, 11:11:00 pm »

I'm inclined to ask you your own question though, Zathras. You never responded to my response to your initial accusations, but still kept your vote on me until the end of the day. Why?
Because I thought you were scum, duh.

D2 you promptly hopped back to it, plus accusing others of lack of content, despite doing little yourself.
Amusing, coming from someone who hasn't posted at all D2. That alone, of course, is scummy, and enough to place my pressure on you at the start of the day.

Other than an OMGUS vote, do you have any thoughts as to the interesting events so far N1 ands D2?

Sleepy time, not really awaiting to have a bunch of people going OMG LURK KILL THE IDIOT BLUH, but that would be naive to expect otherwise.
If you don't have time to play, you should ask for a replacement.
Said the other guy who has barely posted D2. Irony, Archangel beats you by one.

I won't deny that that is my role, however I am neither scum nor SK. What Pandar didn't tell you was what the abilities were called. They were Shapeshifter, Trickster and Mjollnir. The two I chose were Mjollnir and Shapeshifter. I had no way of knowing what they did, and I was expecting something more like a one-shot kill with Mjollnir.
Mjollnir? Mjollnir?!? You gave Mjollfuckingnir to Loki?! Damn you Web! Mjollnir is Thor's, and this scum fiery fairy pollutes it by merely being in its presence! The only useful thing Loki ever did with Mjollnir was giving it to Thor! This is an outrage! Blasphemy! Muninn ought to poke your eyes out!

*huff* *huff* OK. Erm... Sorry. Back to business now.

As I was saying... where was I? Oh yes. Archangel, since you've shared so much already, care to give us some data on your win condition (as suggested by Vector) or your actions last night? I still think that a) having no vote, b) being able to immediately hammer and end the day are horribly incompatible with being a townie, and can only benefit scum or SK; I can't turn away from that just because you say "well, I ain't", so more data would help your case.

Also: I think that we should focus on finding the Webadict/other scum today, rather than lynching Archangel, who I'm guessing is a survivor.  His skillgroup seems very geared to hiding, more than killing.
I totally agree that finding & hanging the Webadict is more important, but I admit I'm not really sure where to point yet for that, so Archangel gets my vote for now.

Vector, you haven't done any real scumhunting so far (lots of talking about it, though), and your few votes have been insufficiently thought-out by your standards. I suspect you are scum trying to lay low and purposefully not commiting to the hunt. Are you the Webadict? I think you are just the right kind of person to pick it, and use it well.
I've been asking questions to gather intel and thinking.  At this point, there isn't much else I can do, scum-hunting-wise; I've been using some time AFK to speculate on the Pandarsenic-Webadict-WIFOM mess.  Let's assume that he's the Webadict.  Then he knows all the roles in the game, as well as what they do, and is a cult recruiter?  No, that's way too overpowered.  My very strong personal guess is that he's town, and we have a different dude running around.
I agree that Pandar doesn't fit as the Webadict. You do, though, and this is the second time you have subtly, almost scummily subliminally, tried to distance yourself from thought of being it. It ain't Pandar, and we have a different dude or dudette running around.

No, I'm not the Webadict.  Here is the list of my previous BYOR roles:
Bernard Riemann, A Potted Plant, One Thousand Paper Cranes, Twelve Red Roses and One White, Elegance and Clarity, Erik.

Does it still look like something I'd pick?  I'm not, of course, saying it's impossible--but I figured a little context might help your speculations.
Yes, it does (look like something you'd pick); thanks for the context, I remembered and was thinking of a couple of those. The pattern is to be very distant and different from the previous ones, of course. For example, I'd think it's impossible that you chose "Existentialism&Nihilism". But this is not the main reason I think it's you; rather, your subtle attempts at distance, your lack of commitment to the hunt this game, and the cunning game of The Webadict for far, are my primary clues.

A couple of questions for you:
Who do you think The Webadict will raise tonight, and why?
Do you really think Toaster may be The Webadict?

[PPE: "a trillion new messages have been posted..." I'll catch up with those later]
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 24, 2010, 11:14:12 pm »

Are you serious?  You've yet to post any real content the entire game.  Did you read the post where I first voted you?  You've posted "more later" several times, but repeatedly failed to deliver.  If it's not blindingly obvious enough for you, I want to know who you suspect and why.  Don't tell me to ignore you because other people are playing.  That's how active lurking works- you hide behind more obvious players so you are unnoticed when attacks are flying around.

Do you need me to put a question mark after it for you?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 24, 2010, 11:16:35 pm »

I've told you what all the roles are. I've no need to tell you my role and the only reason you would want me to explain what all of them do is to harm the town by letting the scum pick targets.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43