Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Current ideas on evolution?

The Old-Evolution-Mind control fungus!
Counter-Evolution-No mind control fungus!

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 138

Author Topic: Evolution: Jethro is back!?!?! [SPACE]  (Read 121655 times)

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Not the exploding kind [HIVE-MIND]
« Reply #1230 on: October 14, 2010, 03:47:37 pm »

Actually, 'Take these hundreds upon hundreds of rediculously quickly generating creatures that secrete highly acidic substances onto your think metallic shield.' sounds pretty good. We need space-yards first, though.
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Not the exploding kind [HIVE-MIND]
« Reply #1231 on: October 14, 2010, 06:26:18 pm »

Sorry that it has been taking so long. On the plus side, I figured out the ecosystem of the caverns, and the spectrum of light that the Primpsks see in (Infared, with more than three types of analogus cone structures in the eyes, since they have no need for rods.)

Working on the turn now.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Getting on with it [HIVE-MIND]
« Reply #1232 on: October 14, 2010, 06:37:11 pm »

LEFT TUNNEL:

You send some Primpsk drones (Primpsks that you control) down the left tunnel, carrying infected fruit. They walk down the long, winding tunnel, until they reach a large cavern. Inside the cavern are around 23 armoured Primpsks, seven wagons pulled by large maggots, and 5 other Primpsk, who are clearly merchants. One of the armoured Primpsks attempts to talk with the Primpsk drones. Needless to say, you have no idea what the various sounds coming from its wings mean. What shall you do?

CENTRAL TUNNEL:
The Schoolbus,with a full set of Scuttlers, advances through the large, central tunnel. It meets a large company of Primpsk, who seem to be leading several large creatures. However, it is hard to catch sight of these creatures through the incredibly large hoard of Primpsks. The Primpsks begin to overwelm the drones through sheer weight of numbers, soon reaching the Schoolbus itself.

RIGHT TUNNEL:
Sadly, you can't find a close enough pool of water to flood the right tunnel. Still, you station several advanced scuttlers, to guard against any incoming Primpsks.

EDIT: DRONES

Advanced Scuttler: Stong, armoured, built to kill. Has incredibly fast, shrimp claws.
Scuttler: Armoured. Good all around. Shoots poison.
Gatherer: Make to collect and process DNA.
Light-bulb drone: Gives off light. Fast, but otherwise useless.
Scuttler Tank: Highly armoured. Not very fast.
Schoolbus: Carries crabs. Gives of light. Very large and heavily armoured.
Digger: Digs. Otherwise useless.

(Wow, six pages since the last update?!? What was I thinking?)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 06:40:50 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: October 14, 2010, 06:43:49 pm »

LEFT TUNNEL: Have our Primpsks make random clicking noises, and pray they make sense in the native tongue.

CENTRAL TUNNEL: Evacuate!

LEFT TUNNEL: Set up defenses, then form a sort of fort wall to further our defensive capabilities.

CREATE: Create a drone that secretes a LOT of oils/grease so we can make it difficult to scale the wall.

I'd say make the hive-mind more compact, but the sky suddenly changing from beige to blue/green might be alarming to the rest of the world. Instead have the spy network search for mammals, and reptiles.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: October 14, 2010, 06:46:33 pm »

Left tunnel: Surely there is some form of communication locked in the primpsk drones' genetic memories? If not, then offer infected fruit to the questioner.

Central tunnel: does the schoolbus have production capability? If not, then replace the soon-to-be-destroyed one with a production-capable schoolbus. Covered in poisoned spikes. And tentacles.

Right tunnel: what Lilipad said.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: October 14, 2010, 07:03:06 pm »

Instead have the spy network search for mammals, and reptiles.

We are always doing this.

EDIT:

CENTRAL TUNNEL: Evacuate!

LEFT TUNNEL: Set up defenses, then form a sort of fort wall to further our defensive capabilities.

A wall? While the central tunnel is being evacuated? Does this make sense to you?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 07:05:19 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 14, 2010, 07:04:25 pm »

We need to improve our spy network a bit, we haven't really found much with it...
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: October 14, 2010, 07:05:41 pm »

We need to improve our spy network a bit, we haven't really found much with it...

We have, I'm just not focussing much on it.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 14, 2010, 07:07:44 pm »

In which case, create a reptilian biped capable of speaking to our descendants led astray, give it the ability to use tools with it's hands.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: October 14, 2010, 07:16:42 pm »

In which case, create a reptilian biped capable of speaking to our descendants led astray, give it the ability to use tools with it's hands.

What? Elaborate more, please.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: October 14, 2010, 07:18:22 pm »

Create an ivy (or something similar) that will crawl all over the planet and consume all biomass in it's path. This includes down into tunnels and caves. I want this thing to grow fast. Like really, really fast. I'm thinking three feet per hour should be fast enough.

I realize that this will take massive amounts of energy, hence the biomass-enveloping ability.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: October 14, 2010, 07:35:28 pm »

What? Elaborate more, please.
A reptile walking on two legs with two arms. Possessing opposable digits and the poison we use already in the blood. You said we have gathered things with the spy network, and I was under the assumption that we had probably gathered a reptile of some sort, and I should've written more about it. I actually added some to it when I wrote it here, but the biped was the original idea.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: October 14, 2010, 09:11:01 pm »

Central tunnel: evcaute in a ordely fashio: aka have the few drone left form a wall to protect the retreating schoolbus.

Left tunnel: send a few drones in

Right tunnel: waht lilipad said.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: October 14, 2010, 09:22:52 pm »

i think we need a little less metagaming, and more focus on solving the GM's scenario.

as to what to do:

If the tunnel is small enough, have schoolbus back into it, plugging it with his body, so that only the front of his armored head is exposed, have it hold the gap long enough for us to send reinforcements, have crabs jam themselves into the space between schoolbus and the walls, to help get him stuck.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: October 14, 2010, 09:46:12 pm »

No metagaming? But... going off on some random tangent is what separates forum games from regular games!

On Topic, offer fruit in the left tunnel, go with Vactor's idea for the center, and wall off the right.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 138