Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 84051 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round two: Razor VS Alien
« Reply #990 on: November 04, 2010, 07:04:54 pm »

Razor is going to be on ambush alert, probably plant some traps around a region of jungle and will have a bicycle with assorted weaponry, for contestants are allowed to bring mounts.

The following are the known combatants.
1Roland Deschain
2Static
3Razor
4Alien
5Youmu Konpaku
6A guardian naga
7Senri
8John Egbert
9Dark Lord Sauron
10Lord Zedd
11The Punisher
12Eddie Riggs
13Kikaida
14The Marked One/Strelok
15Alex Louis Armstrong
16Ezio Auditore

1: Bulletproof armour, flying remote heat sensor.
2: Electricity-redirecting armour, E.M.P. rockets, electrically nonreactive ammunition.
4: Chemical analyser(detector, the things clearly aren't selfish with their matter), quick-release shield and armour, force-weapon(that octopus thing someone mentions), explosive rocket, some sort of electrical weapon if he was sure it would work.
5: Did Razor ever fight ghosts? Meh, the bicycle should be faster than her ghost and swords aren't much threat to rockets, throw in an early detection drone to find her body...
7: Shield, A.P. ammunition.
8: Shrapnel rockets.
9: A.P. Ammunition.
10: Spandex solvent rockets.
11: Sensor drone, Bicycle.
12: Electricproof armour, incendiary rockets.
13: E.M.P. bombs, electric weapon? A.P. rockets, probably a self-destruct on the bicycle...
14: Remote sensor, A.P. Rockets.
15: Bicycle, incendiary rockets, shockwave bombs.
16: Sensor drone, incendiary rockets.

so... Motorised bicycle, with flying heat-sensing drone and a device capable of taking out Kikaida.
Hand-held device that detects xenomorph chemicals and communicates with drone.
Armour capable of withstanding bullets, electrical attacks, acid(delaying), and capable of being removed quickly.
Shield treated against acid, also capable of being removed quickly.
Single-use stick with massive electrical output.
Array of rockets.
Array of bombs.
Enough storage on the bicycle to continue to move quickly.
Training sessions designed to randomly emulate one of the other contestants.

Is any of this incompatible or beyond Razor's means?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 04, 2010, 07:17:18 pm »

If info on the aliens is readily available why do people always die to them the same ways?

Why do people always die to cougars the same ways? Or bears? Or guns? Simple:

1. People are stupid
2. Unarmed civilians, even if prepared, don't' stand much of a chance against such a crazy-awesome predator.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 04, 2010, 07:21:41 pm »

How much do they know about the precious round? They know who won, did they also get to see the match?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 04, 2010, 07:23:22 pm »

How much do they know about the precious round? They know who won, did they also get to see the match?

I doubt they'd see the actual match, but that's ed boy's call.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 04, 2010, 11:08:26 pm »

so... Motorized bicycle, with flying heat-sensing drone and a device capable of taking out Kikaida.
How would a heat-seeking drone find a robot, anyhow?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 05, 2010, 12:12:30 am »

Razor is going to be on ambush alert, probably plant some traps around a region of jungle and will have a bicycle with assorted weaponry, for contestants are allowed to bring mounts.

The following are the known combatants.
1Roland Deschain
2Static
3Razor
4Alien
5Youmu Konpaku
6A guardian naga
7Senri
8John Egbert
9Dark Lord Sauron
10Lord Zedd
11The Punisher
12Eddie Riggs
13Kikaida
14The Marked One/Strelok
15Alex Louis Armstrong
16Ezio Auditore

1: Bulletproof armour, flying remote heat sensor.
2: Electricity-redirecting armour, E.M.P. rockets, electrically nonreactive ammunition.
4: Chemical analyser(detector, the things clearly aren't selfish with their matter), quick-release shield and armour, force-weapon(that octopus thing someone mentions), explosive rocket, some sort of electrical weapon if he was sure it would work.
5: Did Razor ever fight ghosts? Meh, the bicycle should be faster than her ghost and swords aren't much threat to rockets, throw in an early detection drone to find her body...
7: Shield, A.P. ammunition.
8: Shrapnel rockets.
9: A.P. Ammunition.
10: Spandex solvent rockets.
11: Sensor drone, Bicycle.
12: Electricproof armour, incendiary rockets.
13: E.M.P. bombs, electric weapon? A.P. rockets, probably a self-destruct on the bicycle...
14: Remote sensor, A.P. Rockets.
15: Bicycle, incendiary rockets, shockwave bombs.
16: Sensor drone, incendiary rockets.

so... Motorised bicycle, with flying heat-sensing drone and a device capable of taking out Kikaida.
Hand-held device that detects xenomorph chemicals and communicates with drone.
Armour capable of withstanding bullets, electrical attacks, acid(delaying), and capable of being removed quickly.
Shield treated against acid, also capable of being removed quickly.
Single-use stick with massive electrical output.
Array of rockets.
Array of bombs.
Enough storage on the bicycle to continue to move quickly.
Training sessions designed to randomly emulate one of the other contestants.

Is any of this incompatible or beyond Razor's means?

Assuming he didn't bring an assload of raw materials with him, a lot of that won't work, you have to have raw materials to work with.  I didn't check out the first fight or anything so I have no idea if he brought EVERYTHING with him, but in a jungle you will have a hard time finding the following:  Metal, Explosives, Electrical Equipment, Rubber, Mechanical Equipment, and last but not least, batteries, upon which I'm assuming the motorized bicycle you want would run, or charging his electric stick.  Just saying here, being a gadgeteer on an island isn't as good as say, being Robinson Crusoe.  Depriving him of his electronics and such really keeps him from reaching peak performance, unless he can turn wood into a viable rocket fuel source and explosive somehow, and even then, he only has as much wood as he can prepare in 3 days for rockets/explosives.  Unless he brought rockets with him.

As far as traps that could be prepared with materials on the island, I'm pretty sure pit traps and wood traps would be ineffective against an Alien.

I'm late to this forum game and I'm not going back to look at 900 pages of posts, sorry.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 05, 2010, 01:22:46 am »

He has time to prepare before he appears on the island. He has a whole junkyard of military refuse to sort through, his own high-tech underground garage to work in, plus a whole lot of friends all across town. He sure as hell can prepare for a lot, even if he won't carry a lot.

Also remember, contestants are told who reaches their round, so Razor knows he only has 8 opponents to choose from. If he could bring his Cyclotron with him, he could close the missile-mode canopy and sleep in it, with quite enough warning should anything try to get to him. But as far as I know, the Cyclotron has been ruled out by the GM.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 05, 2010, 01:35:42 am »

The bicycle would have a device that can disable Kikaider, a large bomb if need be, but probably something with a limited range or effectiveness against feline humanoids. It should also have a drone mounted on it that can detect and communicate the location of large animals. Heat-seeking and robot opposition are separate functions.

This is stuff that is driven through the portal, no assembly or scavenging required. The bicycle is permitted under the 'mount' clause and should have sufficient storage capacity to carry spare ammunition. The rockets are quite small and it should be possible to carry a couple of each variety personally. the bombs, also, would be relatively small and hand-held. The bicycle would also have the capacity to launch ordinance directly. It would probably not be beyond the scope of possibility that it would be able to be converted into mechanised armour, although that would probably be beyond the scope of the tournament.

So to be brief, the island need provide no raw materials and the robot is not expected to be sought by heat(although unless stated otherwise a robot with such power requirements would most assuredly radiate significant energy).
Read the First Post!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 05, 2010, 01:38:25 am »

I imagine Razor could craft something equal in effectiveness to the SEVA Suit with the helmet?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 05, 2010, 01:53:07 am »

Aliens leave excretions all over the place, it should be easy enough to detect if one is nearby, at which point it is just a matter of keeping a shield handy and checking every shadow...
Read the First Post!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: November 05, 2010, 02:05:28 am »

i find this ridiculous, A mastermind mind high tech swat cat tha can do anything would probaly rock all the contestants out, because come on if you read this stuff you see than he can prepare for anything!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 05, 2010, 02:06:41 am »

held device that detects xenomorph chemicals and communicates with drone.

there is one problem though, he first needs to find some sample of xenomorph stuff. WHICH he wont ever get.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 05, 2010, 02:23:09 am »

Programmable device.
Not that it would help.
Once he finds 'xenomorph stuff' on the island, he'll know he's close and won't need it, as aforementioned.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 05, 2010, 02:33:34 am »

I'm reading everything being said about Razor and wondering why Paul was disqualified. Razor probably could've built a large enough static generator to knock out Paul's shield and would have brought it, according to the arguments for him...
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: November 05, 2010, 02:38:55 am »

The issue is that Razor would still have to fit it through the door.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 98