Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43

Author Topic: Wizard Duel 4 - Duel 7 - Game over! All Hail Criptfeind!  (Read 51016 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel 4 - Day 1 Vote Phase
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2010, 11:36:33 pm »

Vote stays.  Nothing personal.

Though other arrangements would be ideal, I am actually okay with this.

Not surprised, scumbucket.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2010, 11:39:24 pm »

You shouldn't be, town.... barrel!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2010, 11:43:13 pm »

You shouldn't be, town.... barrel!

Yes, yes, very charming... and yet...

You're more complimentary as scum and happy to go into the ring.  Not stupid enough to self-vote, but not certain you'd die--and you're not one of those fools who has a deathwish.

I will be laughing to your zrotted end, cabalbasket.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2010, 11:45:15 pm »

Solifuge, what sort of information are you hoping to get out of webadict?

Also, he has a fetching avatar

I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2010, 11:45:53 pm »

Also, Solifuge, Webadict isn't even in this game.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2010, 11:48:22 pm »

Bah, why don't you tip him off about it?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2010, 11:50:59 pm »

Gah, I'm sorry... I didn't even think ._.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2010, 12:00:01 am »

Solifuge, what sort of information are you hoping to get out of webadict?
Also, Solifuge, Webadict isn't even in this game.

That would certainly put a dampener on him going into the ring, wouldn't it?

More seriously, Jim was right on the ball about it from the get-go, but I notice it took three analytical posts on me for you to notice the Webadict thing. Also, I was rather expecting you to get you all up-ons my jokingly calling you "Town" rather than "Scum". Vote stays for now, for the Toaster bit.

P.S. I have a new kitten, so your argument is invalid.

...seriously, it's making me far too unnecessarily happy.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2010, 12:04:41 am »

Oh, I noticed.  I just noticed other things harder.

And no--I already have enough data on you without your jokingly calling me a townbarrel.

(Also also, kittens are not valid methods of proof)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2010, 12:07:15 am »

Solifuge, was this slip of yours deliberate or not? It's hard to tell with you sometimes.

Vector, why are you immediately declaring Solifuge scum? What basis do you have?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2010, 12:10:01 am »

I have eyes and ears.  I can feel it.  He's trying hard to be charming, and that's his modus operandi for scum games.

Check out Kingmaker 2 if you don't believe me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2010, 12:17:50 am »

I was in that game. I called him out as scum on Day 1 when nobody else did. (Well, sorta. I was the closest anybody got.)

I remember he was talking a load of meta to avoid actually contributing. And on checking the thread, lots of active-lurking.

So far, this doesn't resemble his scum game in Kingmaker 2. Is there something I missed in that game, or is there some other game you have available for reference?

Otherwise, I'm going to have to suspect that you're trying to throw suspicion on him early, by accusing him of something he's notorious for. Being a disarmingly charming fellow.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2010, 12:22:33 am »

I remember him saying that a lot of his strategy was sweet-talking.  His first post was surprisingly sweet-talky.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2010, 12:32:18 am »

Unvote Nonvote (Webadict)

I was in that game. I called him out as scum on Day 1 when nobody else did. (Well, sorta. I was the closest anybody got.)

I remember he was talking a load of meta to avoid actually contributing. And on checking the thread, lots of active-lurking.

So far, this doesn't resemble his scum game in Kingmaker 2. Is there something I missed in that game, or is there some other game you have available for reference?

Otherwise, I'm going to have to suspect that you're trying to throw suspicion on him early, by accusing him of something he's notorious for. Being a disarmingly charming fellow.
Last time I leveled, I put all my skill ranks into Diplomacy. Or possibly Bluff. The fun of the game will be figuring that part out.

But no, I do really try to play every game with a slightly different attitude and method. It helps keep my Scum game fresh, and my Town game safer from night-kills, lest I betray a valuable role through too much caution.

You're more complimentary as scum and happy to go into the ring.
Seriously, it's the kitten. If you want to lynch someone, lynch her. Her name is Circe... or maybe Artemis. I'm not sure yet.

But I digress. Vector, do you mean to demonstrate that it's safer to cloak your statements in hypersuspicion with a hint of brimstone, rather than to lynch-vote someone with a smile on your face?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2010, 12:38:22 am »

I remember him saying that a lot of his strategy was sweet-talking.  His first post was surprisingly sweet-talky.

But that's part of his strategy town or scum. If he does this every game, town or scum, how can you be so certain of him being scum now?

Being disarmingly charming is apparently a tactic for him. How well it works is another issue.

Last time I leveled, I put all my skill ranks into Diplomacy. Or possibly Bluff. The fun of the game will be figuring that part out.

Be straight with me. Whether or not you made the mistake deliberately or not has some (but not many) ramifications for your alignment. And I have further questions to ask you if you did it deliberately.

It's not really that important of an issue but it's the only thing I have to go off of so I'm pursuing it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43