Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43

Author Topic: Wizard Duel 4 - Duel 7 - Game over! All Hail Criptfeind!  (Read 50950 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel 4 - Day 1 Vote Phase
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 08:51:52 pm »

Jim, you're a wiener all right.   ;D

Jetsquirell, I don't think I've played with you.  Who here would you most like to be stuck in a duel against?

Vector, if you could pick War Mage, Battle Mage, Warrior Mage, or Time Mage, which would you pick and why?

Janus:  Hmm.  They'd be interested in self preservation and winning fights quickly, so probably either the attack potion or the elemental affinity just in case their affinity becomes known.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 08:54:51 pm »

Vector, if you could pick War Mage, Battle Mage, Warrior Mage, or Time Mage, which would you pick and why?

Time mage.  I've always liked high-dex speedsters, because they typically end up doing more damage in the long run.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2010, 09:10:21 pm »

Solifuge and Ottofar - Why shouldn't we pit our two most likely lurky players together in the first round for a nice, cathartic duel to the death?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2010, 09:11:34 pm »

Solifuge and Ottofar - Why shouldn't we pit our two most likely lurky players together in the first round for a nice, cathartic duel to the death?

Possibly because we're not here to kill lurkers?  We're here to find scum.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2010, 09:13:05 pm »

Possibly because we're not here to kill lurkers?  We're here to find scum.

Because Lurker-scum are far more dangerous than active-scum (at least in my opinion).  I'd rather there just not be lurkers personally.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2010, 09:19:16 pm »

Time mage.  I've always liked high-dex speedsters, because they typically end up doing more damage in the long run.

Fair enough.  Unvote Vector.

Jokerman, would you vote in anyone who voted themselves?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2010, 09:19:43 pm »

Criptfeind and Solifuge, why shouldn't Jim Groovester go into the first round?

Because at this point I have nothing that pegs him as town or as scum. If we were to pick randomly I would try to put the less useful players in first. They all have the same chance of being scum but they will not all be as helpful to the town.

Leafsnail if you were a scum Alchemist what potion would you chose.

Vector is that a egg or a rock?

Also you know who else likes to have high dex? Rouges. And Rouges are chaotic. Why do you like chaos so much?

Stoooop posting so fast guys.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2010, 09:21:24 pm »

Vector is that a egg or a rock?

Also you know who else likes to have high dex? Rouges. And Rouges are chaotic. Why do you like chaos so much?

Unvote Criptfeind.  Good answer.

It's an emu egg, of course--all my avatars are edible.

I don't like chaos.  I'm strictly law-aligned.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2010, 09:39:34 pm »

Jokerman, would you vote in anyone who voted themselves?

This is an important enough issue that it needs to be addressed on its own outside of an RV.

Always vote people who vote themselves. It is Wizard Duel's only policy lynch.

There is of course, a very specific reason why. Go read Wizard Duel I if you want to know it. (Basically, scum webadict voted himself, everybody thought he was town even though everybody acknowledged there was lots of WIFOM around it. No self-votes = no WIFOM! Easy.)
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2010, 09:48:50 pm »

There is of course, a very specific reason why. Go read Wizard Duel I if you want to know it. (Basically, scum webadict voted himself, everybody thought he was town even though everybody acknowledged there was lots of WIFOM around it. No self-votes = no WIFOM! Easy.)
I make everything better!

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2010, 10:46:14 pm »

Toaster and Jokerman-EXE, a question for you.  Which of the Alchemists potions do you think a Cabal Alchemist would most likely pick (and why)?

Cabalscum has to be adaptable, so I'd say the potions most likely to come in handy in every situation. Specifically, I'd say Elemental Affinity or Trollblood.

Toaster: Uh, yeah. I learned that much from playing B12 Mafia's Wizard Duel Day. If someone votes themself, then you vote them. Period.

I like Janus' idea of having the previous winners fight. Org and Jim.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2010, 10:57:31 pm »

Minor note: Once everyone has picked Rule colors I will announce them. You may then change your colors if you wish to avoid overlap (We already have two people with Blue runes, for instance).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2010, 11:21:02 pm »

Webadict and Toaster, what is the most reliable affinity to pick, and why? Also, when is the optimal time to reveal your Affinity?

Hmmm.

Criptfeind and Solifuge, why shouldn't Jim Groovester go into the first round?
Because I don't see the sense in voting for him, merely because he won through a series of shrewd backstabbings and transient alliances. However, it's good to be coy to his methods, lest he attempt a repeat. Also, he has a fetching avatar

Because you'd miss my quips were I to fall in the Arena on Day 1, and that'd be no fun for anyone.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2010, 11:29:05 pm »

Vote stays.  Nothing personal.

Leafsnail, what sorts of RV questions do you think are most effective in this game?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2010, 11:31:48 pm »

Vote stays.  Nothing personal.

Though other arrangements would be ideal, I am actually okay with this.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43